Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Morning After

Rod Stafford
    He grimaced at the sight beneath his bandages. Then when Fiona spoke of the Black Spiral Dancers, the gauze snapped back into place and Rod looked up. She spoke with such determination and conviction that Rod was left a little cold. This alternatively, could've been due to the fact that he was still walking around topless. He wanted to nod in agreement but the thought of those beasts in greater numbers kept him still.

"How do we do that?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Nara is at the Fanum now, giving her account of what we found to the Elders. I'll head over once Michele gets home."

:: She quickly turned her attention to cooking again, adding sausage and peppers to the skillet ::

Rod Stafford
    "How can I help?" he asked, somewhat deflated.

Fiona Devlin
    "You focus on healing up first. I'll have need of you then. The wyrmhowlers are only a piece of the problem."

Rod Stafford
    "I hope it's the biggest piece! What else is there?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Someone inside the Camarilla is a Sabbat Conspirator, very high up. Things are going from bad to worse, and I still don't know how that damn Redcap fit in."
    Last edited by Fiona Devlin; Dec 11th, 2007 at 12:52:38 PM.

Rod Stafford
    "Vampires. I hate vampires."

He sighed and folded his arms.

"But I bet you're bestest of best friends with at least a dozen blood-suckers."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona raised a brow at Rod as she wrapped her omelette in a flour tortilla ::

"Not quite as many as you think, but there are a few I've grown close to."

Rod Stafford
    "And it doesn't at all bother you that they're out there in the night dining on innocent sleepers? And when they're not, they're embracing them into a damned existence."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Her jaw dropped slightly at the insinuation ::

"It just so happens it does. I've slain the most loathsome kindred to ever set foot in this city, and the community has been skittish about me ever since. I choose my friends carefully, Rene."

Rod Stafford
    "I'm sorry, this isn't about you," he said, waving her off.

"I just don't like them. I was around a few in London; pompous, arrogant little gits."

He winced again and clutched his side. His frown fell back into place and he skulked out of the room.

"If we need to negotiate with them, I'd rather do mine with a stake than words."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Her eyes narrowed as he turned his back. There was a beat of silence before she reacted ::

"Rene Galanis!!! Don't Turn Your Back On Me!!!"

Rod Stafford
    He turned and looked at her with the same indignation as a child who firmly believes, in spite of the reprimand, they have done no wrong. He shrugged.

"What?"

Fiona Devlin
    "The world isn't black and white. It's not that simple. There are powers in play here that are older than I am."

:: Her eyes softened, to plead with him ::

"Please, you have to trust me."

Rod Stafford
    "I do trust you. I just don't trust vampires," he said, frankly.

Fiona looked at him in a curious way, like she was considering him. Rod softened under her gaze.

"Alright, I know there are shades of grey, and I'm sure somewhere out there there's a half decent vamp, I just haven't met him."

He gave her a carefree smile.

"Please don't eat me!"

Fiona Devlin
    :: She was nibbling at her fingertips when he said it, and it made her laugh. She went back into the kitchen to fetch her lunch ::

Rod Stafford
    Content that the tension had been defused, Rod retreated into the living room. He stood at the balcony doors and surveyed the urban panorama. A distant flock of birds dispersed in the sky, and he watched their dark shapes speckle the grey sky while his mind wandered. He thought of Sansa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12