Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the Void

Fiona Devlin

Closed Roleplay [WoD] Into the Void

:: Fiona finished up another day of business and closed up shop as Rene was exploring the upper level. She wondered what he was doing and climbed up the spiral staircase to look ::

Rod Stafford
    "This is perfect!"

The muffled voice came from somewhere within one of the narrow aisles of tightly packed shelving. Rod dashed out from between the shelves cradling something to his chest. He was suprised to find Fiona had joined him upstairs.

"This is just what I've been looking for, Fiona," he said, presenting her with the item in his arms.

It was a a block of steel about twelve inches long and three inches deep, its surface was charred and worn. It had six perfectly alligned cavities running down the middle. He beamed.

"It's perfect!"

Fiona Devlin
    "That's for arrowheads." she nodded.

Rod Stafford
    "And that's a lot of zeros," he said, noting the price tag.

"Will you take monthly instalments?" he asked, his face twisted nervously.

Fiona Devlin
    :: She laughed at the look on his face ::

"If you want it that badly, I suppose I can make an exception."

Rod Stafford
    "You're the best."

She rolled her eyes, not without a grin, and retreated back down the staircase. He eagerly followed her.

"Now I can finally get rid of those bloody cats."

Fiona Devlin
    :: She spun around on the staircase and stopped him with alarm on her face ::

"What???"

Rod Stafford
    "Kidding," he said sweetly.

Fiona Devlin
    "You're terrible."

:: She turned and hopped down the rest of the stairs ::

Rod Stafford
    "Wait until you see me on patrol."

He cleared the last four steps in one bound and plodded across to the desk where Fiona had started wrapping the cast with paper. He watched her tie it with string then wrap and tape it securely in bubble wrap. Then out came a box filled with styrofoam. His mind wandered and he absently toyed with a colourful rolodex.

"Are you nervous about tonight? I told Michelle I'd take care of you."

Fiona Devlin
    :: She looked up and laughed ::

"Not at all. I've got my Brother protecting me."

Rod Stafford
    "You'd better believe it," he said, he'd heard such an expression in a movie once.

His legs were stiff from all the crouching and climbing he'd been doing amongst the tall shelves. He wandered off slowly, and circled the perimeter of the room, stretching his legs. The pale light of day had been chased away and the grim deep blue of dusk had set in. The street lamps had not yet kicked in and he glanced outside as he passed a window.

"Do you ever get much trouble?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Oh, normally just the young licks or a disgruntled anarch."

:: She slipped on her coat and opened the door ::

"Every so often, another Immortal passes through."

Rod Stafford
    The antique cast sat boxed on the counter, Rod pulled on his long winter coat and decided that he'd pick it up after the patrol. There was an electric tingling in his stomach and he thrilled when the cold night air swept across his face. He followed her into the street.

"And mages?" he asked, "Do you get many of them?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Business mostly. The only trouble they give me is haggling."

:: She thought for a moment ::

"Lo Pan keeps to himself."

:: Her stomach growled ::

"Let's pick up a bite along the way."

Rod Stafford
    "I can't argue with that."

He lifted the collar on his coat to shield his neck from the icy wind. Fiona walked at a brisk pace. He walked alongside her, voicing his thoughts aloud.

"So we patrol the streets at night, protecting Sleepers from the things with fangs and fur, while at the same time trying to keep everything under wraps. Vampires and their bleedin' Masquerade."

"Christ, I miss the Dark Ages," he grumbled, wincing against the cold, "Politics was a dirty word back then, now it's our bread and butter."

Fiona Devlin
    "I prefer the Masquerade to the alternative." she replied, unlocking the Lotus so they could get out of the cold.

Rod Stafford
    "Show off," he muttered.

The door clicked open and he slid inside onto the smooth leather seat. It felt luxurious and there was a rich smell in the air. He was happy to shut out the biting evening air.

"Christmas is coming up soon."

He patted the dashboard with admiration and smiled at her.

"You won't forget me now, will you?"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona grinned irresistably at Rod as she turned the key ::

"I'll put in a good word for you with Father Christmas."

Rod Stafford
    "How did you ever become so stinking rich anyway?"

There was a tone of incredulity in his voice which carried over the sound of the engine starting up. He studied Fiona for a moment, her hands moved expertly over the stick and wheel; he made a mental note to ask her for driving lessons sometime. His eyes narrowed and he watched for any hint of guilt.

"I wonder if all this wealth you've amassed is entirely legitimate, too..."

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast