Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Bowl pickum challenge due by December 20th

He had a bad recruiting class that is for sure. He must not be much of a recruiter.

Was just mentioning ranked upsets. That's why Auburn wasn't included(unranked). USC also handily beat Nebraska in the most hyped game of the day.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Good, I hate Nebraska. Why would that game be hyped? The Huskers are chronically overrated.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Oregon beat the snot out of Fresno State, which is good.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Evanar View Post
    Good, I hate Nebraska. Why would that game be hyped? The Huskers are chronically overrated.
    I wondered that myself.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

At this point, I think you could draw straws between USC, LSU, Oklahoma and Florida for the #1 ranking. Things will sort themselves out a bit more with conference play starting up in earnest.

That Alabama/Arkansas game was crazy. John Parker Wilson really established himself as a playmaking QB though. Bama's final 2 minute drive was impressive.

Purdue is 3-0, with a trip to Minnesota coming up next weekend, followed by a home date with Notre Dame before Ohio State comes to town. Barring a horrific collapse, they should be 5-0 when the face off with the Buckeyes. If they can find a way to win that game, they could be a legit threat to win the Big Ten.

Parsideon Denix
    Quote Originally Posted by Figrin D'an View Post
    That Alabama/Arkansas game was crazy. John Parker Wilson really established himself as a playmaking QB though. Bama's final 2 minute drive was impressive.

I'm generally skeptical of our QB talent, but I've been tooting this horn ever since last year. This kid has talent like we haven't seen in a while.

As long as he doesn't have Brodie Croyle's glass jaw, he'll do well.

LSU dominated SC for 3 quarters. I don't think the game was as close as the score indicated. LSU did play a little too loose there in the 4 quarter. Biggest two upsets today were Michigan over Penn state and Syracuse over Louisville. Louisville's defense looks horrible.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Someone needs to tell ESPN that Lou Holtz's "expert analysis" isn't amusing anymore. It was mildly funny his first year in the studio, now it's just flat annoying and embarrassing. The other former players/coaches on their college football crew are at least capable of being somewhat objective when looking at their former school's match-ups and performances. They need to starting holding Holtz to the same standard.

Someone needs to tell ESPN that Lou Holtz's "expert analysis" isn't amusing anymore. It was mildly funny his first year in the studio, now it's just flat annoying and embarrassing. The other former players/coaches on their college football crew are at least capable of being somewhat objective when looking at their former school's match-ups and performances. They need to starting holding Holtz to the same standard.
    I agree with you, they should replace him.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Charley
    Asking the same company that hired Lee Corso to do announcing work for this much mercy wouldn't make any sense though.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Corso is a goofball, and his analysis isn't anywhere near the level of Herbstreit or May, but at least he isn't a total homer that tries to pass off his zeal as legitimate assessment of the teams in a given game.

I don't hate the guy... I think Lou Holtz has been a darn good head coach over the years. He's just not cut out for doing a studio job if he's going to keep towing the South Carolina and Notre Dame lines every week.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Did I tell you about the time I stole fire from the gods? I couldn't fence it, it was too hot. I really got burned on that deal...

AKA
    Andrew
    Bleh, I was disgusted with Penn State's play today, which basically amounted to run, run, incomplete pass for most of the game. It seemed the coaching staff didn't gameplan this match-up any differently from the game against Notre Dame. Penn State's WRs have the speed to stretch Michigan out and open room for the running game. They could at least have tried some screens or end-arounds to give them more things to cover. But, no, pretty much all Michigan had to do all game was stuff the middle.

Doesn't help that PSU had two stupid, stupid fumbles, one of which led to a Michigan TD and the other of which took away a scoring opportunity.

Also bummed that Texas Tech lost a shootout to Oklahoma State. Really tough way to lose, too, with Michael Crabtree dropping the winning TD in the endzone on 4th down. Crabtree is an electrifying player. As a freshman WR, he has over 200 receiving yards in each of his last two games and leads the NCAA in TD receptions. If he stays along this track, and if TTU can get some more media coverage, he could be the closest TTU has ever come to having a Heisman candidate.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Charley
    I'm gonna go throw up guys

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Young Vymes View Post
    I don't blame you. I'm not sure why 'Bama didn't see that coming on first down... with Georgia's kicking game so strong, it made sense for them to take a shot at the end zone right away on their possession.

USC was impressive again, which they probably needed a bit, as their defeat of Nebraska in Lincoln looks a little less impressive given that the Huskers barely beat Ball State at home today.

LSU looked good again. Florida struggled but won on the road. When those two meet in a couple weeks, it should be a great game.

Stanford is giving Oregon a lot of problems at the moment.

How bad is Louisville's defense if they give up 38 points to Syracuse?

Purdue is going to beat Minnesota in the Metrodome tonight, but the defense is giving up too many big plays and not tackling well. I'm not really concerned about it for next week against Notre Dame, but it has to get better by the time Ohio State comes town in two weeks.

My Bulls handled their first game as a ranked team pretty well today. We're taking on big bad West Va next weekend at the New Sombrero. We'll probably get smoked, but we're doing great for a young program. We stunned them in Morgantown last year so we won't be sneaking up on them this year, but I can still hope for another upset.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

Quote Originally Posted by Young Vymes View Post
    I don't blame you. I'm not sure why 'Bama didn't see that coming on first down... with Georgia's kicking game so strong, it made sense for them to take a shot at the end zone right away on their possession.

USC was impressive again, which they probably needed a bit, as their defeat of Nebraska in Lincoln looks a little less impressive given that the Huskers barely beat Ball State at home today.

LSU looked good again. Florida struggled but won on the road. When those two meet in a couple weeks, it should be a great game.

Stanford is giving Oregon a lot of problems at the moment.

How bad is Louisville's defense if they give up 38 points to Syracuse?

Purdue is going to beat Minnesota in the Metrodome tonight, but the defense is giving up too many big plays and not tackling well. I'm not really concerned about it for next week against Notre Dame, but it has to get better by the time Ohio State comes town in two weeks.
    Louisville gave up like 30 some points to Middle Tennessee State a few weeks back and that kind of gave a hint of their defensive problems. Their QB threw threw for 555 yards that shows how bad their defense is.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedieb View Post
    My Bulls handled their first game as a ranked team pretty well today. We're taking on big bad West Va next weekend at the New Sombrero. We'll probably get smoked, but we're doing great for a young program. We stunned them in Morgantown last year so we won't be sneaking up on them this year, but I can still hope for another upset.
    They'll be P.O'd majorly. Last year my school (Division 3) beat the #4 team (We were unranked) this year, we played them again and got whomped (even though we were ranked).

Teams upset this week.

#10 Penn State
    #16 Alabama
    #18 Louisville
    #20 Texas A&M

I also went to the UCLA game this evening. The Bruins looked pretty good in beating Washington - they should eventually climb back into the top 25.

My alma mater UNT lost a heartbreaker 30-20(closer than the 10 point margin indicates as FAU got a late score). We're still going thu growing pains with the new coach. But watch out for us in another year or so..

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast