Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: College Football Bowl pickum challenge due by December 20th

LSU beat Ohio State soundly. But it wasn't a killing. That was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by CMJ View Post
    LSU beat Ohio State soundly. But it wasn't a killing. That was last year.
    well I knew it wouldn't be that close then

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Well, not that many people here care about this, but it appears that my alma mater, Purdue, is ready to announce that Joe Tiller will be retiring at the end of next season, and that his former assistant (and current head coach at Eastern Kentucky) Danny Hope will be rejoining the staff for the 2008 season as an assistant and will take over as head coach in 2009.

There's a lot of mixed opinions and rumor going around about whether or not this "retirement" is being forced or is voluntary. Many alumni think that, while Tiller rejuvenated the program when he arrived in 1997, progress in recruiting and becoming more competitive in the conference has become stagnant over the last 4-5 years. I guess they have a point... I think Purdue has significantly underachieved in recently. Still, it's not going to be easy to see the guy who brought the football program back from the dead leave under what could be less than amicable circumstances.

It's obvious that the AD is hoping for the same type of smooth transition that was done with Gene Keady to Matt Painter for the basketball program a couple of years ago. I just hope it works out as well.

I remember what Purdue was like before Tiller. Hard to imagine him being ousted.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213