Thread: Retrieval Mission: Blind Jump on Geonosis

Threaded View

SW-Fans.Net Poster

So, why does everyone keep calling me Mr. Blonde?

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EquableJarl0 PSN ID: TXViking43

Closed Thread Retrieval Mission: Blind Jump on Geonosis

Six Years Before The Battle of Endor

The Rebel Cruiser- Justice For All

"Your mission is simple," the tall, brown-haired Rebel named Mac Sheridan spoke, "You're to go to Geonosis and infiltrate an Imperial base. It was formerly used as a CIS droid factory during the Clone Wars and the Imperials decided to keep using it. The factory itself is shut down, but the upper level command areas are still in use.

"We believe the Emperor is getting ready to create a new rank within the Imperial Navy. We want to know what the rank is, who the recipients are, and their orders. Any questions?"

Aurelias Kazaar gave a smirk and took a puff from his cigar, "Yeh. Why Geonosis?"

Sheridan gave a sly smile, "Well there's this armor we want you to test..."

Geonosis: Three Days Later

Kazaar'd raised hell after that, telling 'em he didn't need the damn thing t'get the mission done. But his superiors, in their infinite frackin' wisdom, were more interesting in making sure the body armor (which reminded him too much of stormie armor 'cept for the color) was 'safe' enough t'use inna group or some sorta poodoo. 'Course they also threatened t'throw him off the mission if he didn't do it, so Kazaar didn't have much of a choice did he? 'Sides, from what he heard, this stuff was so frackin' expensive, only a select few were gonna get t'wear it. So maybe he was supposed t'feel honored by it.

Not fracking likely.

But they let him use 'The Twins' (Kazaar's Bryar Blaster Pistols) so he had one thing going his way.

The sun beat down on the planet's surface, roasting any sorta vegetation which attempted t'grow (not that there was much). If Kazaar had any kinda choice, he'd be elsewhere. On some place that wasn't so hot, and didn't have Imps crawling all over th'place.

And some frackin' place where he'd be able t'enjoy one of the cigars currently housed on his ship (which, of course, he didn't have either). But when you're supposed t'sneak into an Imperial bunker then why the hell would ya give yourself away with the (wonderful) smell of tobacco?

The Rebel Agent swore there were times he wished he was still workin' for Gorgja the Hutt. Sometimes.

He slipped up to the base of a cliff which led up to the fortress below. There were no patrols here, not yet anyway, and with the heat, no real point to 'em. The Geonosians had been relatively quiet after the first battle of the Clone Wars, and Kazaar doubted they'd be causing any more trouble now. So it was just the Imps and whatever creatures made the nights hell.

Kazaar's muscles tensed as he fired his grappling gun up to the top the cliff. His black-gloved hand pressed a button and he was pulled up to the summit. He paused a moment before climbing up, his helmeted ears catching part of a conversation between a stormtrooper and his superiors (prolly resting comfortably) inside th'base.

"Alpha Three reporting in. Quiet up here," there was the sound of footsteps as the stormtrooper patrolled the area.

"Good to hear Alpha Three," whoever the buckethead was talking to had a pretty heavy accent, "Don't get to close to the cliffs."

"I won't," Kazaar could almost hear the annoyance in the stormie's mechanical voice. It then turned appreciative, "It's a beautiful sight isn't it? Nothing like I had back home."

"Don't get too comfy Alpha Three. There was a guy named Puros...liked to stare at the sun as it went down. One day...he wasn't watching where he was going. There wasn't enough of his body to ship back to Coruscant after the mongworsts got to him.

"I'll be careful. I won't get too close. Alpha Three out."

Kazaar heard the shuffle of footsteps, indicating Alpha Three was walking away from the cliff's edge. The armored Rebel quietly pulled himself to the cliff's summit. He rolled on his back, then came into a crouch. The stormie was 'bout fifteen feet from his location and walking rather leisurely along the plateau. He'd pause every couple steps t'gaze out over the landscape.

Kazaar used this pause by the Imperial to press his body against the stony outcroppings of the Geonosian spire. When he was sure he wasn't seen, Kazaar started towards the stormtrooper, his hand on his small vibroblade.

Silently, the Rebel crept near Alpha Three...first ten feet, then five, then two, then a hands breath behind the unsuspecting trooper. With the quickness of a varactyl, Kazaar grabbed the stormtrooper inna vise grip, removing the guy's helmet (and more importantly his comlink) as quickly as possible. He pressed the edge of his blade into the stormie's neck.

"Don't want ya letting 'em know I'm here," Kazaar growled as he pulled Alpha Three towards the edge.

"Wh-what do you want?" the trooper's voice was fulla fear, causing Kazaar t'smirk.

"The location of the command deck. And your commander."

"F-five levels up. Same with the commander...But you'll never make it. None of you Geonosian bastards can make it."

Another smirk from the Rebel, "Who said I was Geonosian," he chuckled, "They really are makin' you bucketheads dumber by th'day."

"A...a Rebel? How did you get here?" the incredulous tone of Alpha Three's voice was unbelievable. Did they really frackin' believe this outpost was safe? From everything?

"That's for me t'know. See ya."

With a shove, Kazaar sent the Imperial over the edge, his scream pulled away by a gust of wind that suddenly kicked up. The smile behind Kazaar's helmet was ugly as he watched the impact on the planet's surface. It was gorgeous t'see.

The former bounty hunter grabbed fallen Imperial's helmet and pressed the comlink.

"Alpha Three reporting in!" Kazaar's guttural voice went up an octave, "I need help! I just slipped on some gravel. I'm falling...NOOOOOO!"

With a chuckle, Kazaar tossed the helmet off the edge. A moment later, his black eyes spied a ventilation shaft just to the left of the entryway. He pressed his blade against the edge of the grate, popping it off with the strength of his arm.

As he slipped his body into the shaft, the Rebel spy heard the sound of the doors opening as two Imperials ran out to inspect Alpha Three's distress call. His mouth twitched inna smirk as he heard one ask for a med team and a squad to respond.

The perfect distraction. Now all he had t'do was find the commander and that damn list. Then get the hell outta here.
    Last edited by Aurelias Kazaar; Jul 19th, 2007 at 04:38:02 PM. Reason: More editting. I'm never satisfied.