Thread: A Taste of Forgivness

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    The shuttle made the jump to hyperspace without incident. Mu turned around in her chair to confront Ivins, “Care to explain? That hunter wasn’t there for me. I’m not that important.”

“Politics in the core are,” he rubbed his brow, “uncertain, always shifting among the elite. Certain associates of mine have determined that my usefulness has come to an end.” He sat back and shrugged. “Hazard’s of youthful ambition.”

“Tragic.”

The pilot turned towards Mu, “Since we’re being chatty, why are we headed into Hutt territory?”

“I have a contact there.” Mu turned back in her seat and settled in for the flight.

“You’re just full of helpful information.” The pilot looked at Ivins, who stood and shrugged a second time.

“I’ll be with my patient,” Ivins began to unbutton his uniform collar as he left the cockpit.

The pilot watched him leave then turned back to look at Mu. He let the silence hang in the air for exactly 3 ticks. “Look, I get it. There’s some kind of history going on here and I’m just along for the ride. The Doc may not care about his life anymore, but I’ve been paid good money to see that it continues.”

Mu looked at him.

“Imperial officers heading directly into the pit of unwelcomed guests doesn’t strike me as the wisest decision.” He sat back a bit, “I need to know what we’re walking into.”

Mu sat up and punched up their destination on the HUD, then zoomed in. “It’s a small outpost at the edge of their territory. Mainly used as a pit stop by smugglers for basic parts and supplies.” She sat back in the seat and let him examine the charts. “When we get closer I’ll signal my contact that you three are on the run and I’m expediting your escape across the stars.”

“That sounds highly suspicious.”

“Everything out here is suspicious.”

“Point taken. I’m J’Cyn by the way,” he held out his hand. “I like to know who I’m going to die with.”

Mu hesitated then returned the hand shake, “Satach.”

“Now that the formalities are out of the way, I’m going to get some sleep.” He left Mu alone in the shuttle’s cockpit. After he was gone she worked her way out of her black leather jacket and relaxed into the chair. The sleeveless tunic revealing the thin silvery battle scars racing up the arms and under her shirt.

~~~

“I’m comin’ in hot Sal.”

Sal’s toothy grin and boisterous laughter was only surpassed by his snout. “Eh! What have you got with you ‘dis time?” he clasped his hands in delight. “Is no good Mu! I think you play too much out there. I still fixing de ship from your last run!”

A broad smile spread across Mu’s face at the holo of her friend.

“Is sometings shiny yes? Sometings maybe Sal can take a small piece?” Sal cocked one eye closer to her.

“Fraid not Sal, I’ve got the blood and guts kind with me this trip.”

“Fugitives! Ahhhh, dey don’t divide up so good.”

“Don’t worry Sal, they’re the best kind of cargo, the rich kind.”

The toydarian exploded in laughter.

J’Cyn watched Mu from a slight distance as she carried on her conversation. Ivins walked up behind him, “She’s not your type.”

“Oh, she’s definitely my type.”

“See you soon old friend,” she reached out and clicked off the holo.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    The ship touched down on a forgotten landing pad amid a jungle on the far outskirts of the space port. "Stay here." Mu commanded as she left the cockpit. J'Cyn and Ivins watched her greet a small group gathered to meet them.

"Do you really think this is going to work?" J'Cyn asked

"She's..." Ivins paused, "If she thinks it'll work, it'll work."

"How do you know that?"

A half smile appeared on his face, "I know her well enough to know she doesn't trust anyone but that," he motioned out the window, "that happening down there right now is nothing but trust. If she trusts them, then it'll work. Despite her words, at her core she can't help who she is." Ivins turned and looked directly at J'Cyn, "And that person cares deeply, even for an old dying man who almost destroyed her. She's had a thousand opportunities to kill him over the years, but she's always taken the better path. Even now, she could have left him at that hospital to die alone, but here we are, and she's down there making arrangements so his final hours will be peaceful."

"You make her sound like a saint."

"In another life maybe."

J'Cyn looked at the doc skeptically. He was about to say more, when sounds of Mu returning caused them both to look for her.
    She entered the ship and thew a bag at them both. "Ditch the uniforms and don't complain about the fit."

~~~

J'Cyn and Mu maneuvered the gurney into the makeshift living quarters. Sal flew along side them, "So, 'dis is it eh?" He flew around and activated the lights "Not much, but clean."
    Mu looked at her friend, "I appreciate the hospitality Sal."

"Eh, it's quiet, no one to bother you back here I think."

Ivins spoke up, "It's more than we deserve." He leaned over the bed and checked on his patient. "We won't be imposing on you for very long."

"Anything for my friend," he clapped a clawed hand on Mu's shoulder. "Speaking of my friend here, we have business to discuss." Sal started leading Mu out the door. "Your ship, why you treat her shields so bad?"

"You know I like contact sports."

"Eh, it makes the repairs a bit too much..." their voices trailed off into the distance.

J'Cyn watched them go then turned back to Ivins. "How long?"

"Not long. Another day or two at the most." Ivins continued his examination of his friend.

"Good to know." he nodded to himself. "I'm going to check things out."

"Be nice to the locals." Ivins called after him.

The moist hot air enveloped J'Cyn as he left the structure. Smells of damp rotting vegetation and oil assaulted his senses. He made quick work of scouting out the surrounding area of the enclosure they were in. Then he followed the footpath between rows of ship parts, buildings, and long forgotten junk towards the sounds of life coming from the other side of the compound.

The closer he got to the epicenter of the lights and noise the more he could see shadow figures passing between him and the light. He instinctively checked his blaster was where it should be and proceeded past figures milling about. The casual nod of acknowledgement with disinterest and eyes always focused on a destination. His manner and stride asserting that he knew he belonged and knew where he was going allowed him to blend in and explore. Beyond the loud laughter and music of the local juke joint he spotted the beginning rows of ships docked at the outpost. He past food stands and small shops, a little bit of everything and nothing anyone would want. A couple of mechanics squabbled with each other and a fight broke out. He side stepped the altercation and moved on unfazed as many others about him did the same.

He circled the entire outpost noting all the different small freighters, their crews, and tired transport captains. It was as she said it would be, a no nothing small port in the middle of a small trade route, in the back end of space. Satisfying himself of their situation he rounded his way back to the epicenter of this small kingdom, the juke joint.

The smoke filled joint smelled of fried food, alcohol, and sweat. Patrons jostled one another as they made their way in and out of the main doors. Music far too old and too familiar blared out of the music box in the corner as games of chance were in play at the tables. A few lost souls clung to each other on what tried to be a dance floor, but the main attraction was the bar. He found an empty spot and waited for the bartender. Getting his drink he turned around to survey the room a second time when he heard her. Her voice and laughter floated to him from the corner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12