Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Roleplay

SunShin 李舜臣
    Quote Originally Posted by Calleh View Post
    Hmm, I guess the two of us will have to be comparing notes, then.

(Is Kale)

Calleh Ben-Sudr Al-Fard, warrior-scholar from the Arcane College of Ankaarizad. Though, actually, in the interest of diversity, I might be persuaded to switch to a different race.
    FOR ANKAA! OUR HOMELAND! LONG LIVE THE RAJJAH!

(Is Hart)

Cailean MacGabhann
    Oh, Cailean is a Fian carpenter, with some skill Wood/Earth Magics.

Calleh
    Decided, in the interest of party balance and storytelling, that it'd be better to pick a different role. So I'm now Bréga Greymord, Dalriadan warrior. So the party has a tank.

SunShin 李舜臣
    Quote Originally Posted by Bréga View Post
    Decided, in the interest of party balance and storytelling, that it'd be better to pick a different role. So I'm now Bréga Greymord, Dalriadan warrior. So the party has a tank.
    Well, keep in mind that if enough people want to join in, there can be multiple missions to accomplish a common goal, and therefore multiple "fellowships." It would be ideal for each mission party to be diverse, so there can definitely be more than one or two from each "kingdom."

Also, since you're the one who came up with Ankaa in the first place, I'm perfectly willing to switch my guy to another allegience if you'd like. You probably have more ideas for the civilization than I do, especially because I haven't really put any thought into him yet. My guy can fit in any number of other "races."
    Last edited by SunShin 李舜臣; Jun 10th, 2007 at 09:01:45 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    For the moment though we only have five, which is ideal for one 'fellowship'.

Parsideon Denix
    Would we be able to add a kingdom that was a sort of confederation of Glauca and Men? Maybe called Necian League? Like an archipelago chain on the edge of the continent, similar to how Greece is shaped, with most on the mainland but also islands? I figure it would be another trade nation radiating out from Dalriada, maybe to the east of Bai-Ulgan.

My character Denix would have a backstory involving being a soldier of the Necian League. With a fire and metal affinity, his abilities would be more geared for practical, up front warfare, so he would be a bit of a brawler, but able to use his limited magics in smithing war weapons and the occasional blast of fire, etc.
    Last edited by Parsideon Denix; Jun 10th, 2007 at 09:55:55 PM.

Calleh
    Quote Originally Posted by SunShin 李舜臣 View Post
    Also, since you're the one who came up with Ankaa in the first place, I'm perfectly willing to switch my guy to another allegience if you'd like. You probably have more ideas for the civilization than I do, especially because I haven't really put any thought into him yet. My guy can fit in any number of other "races."
    PMed. I shall await your response before making a final decision - and thank you very much for your gracious offer!

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    I'm gone for, like, a day, and now I'm completely lost. What seemed like a small little roleplaying idea has exploded into something huge. Too huge, perhaps. I just really cannot see how something this big, however big we make it it's still going to be big, is going to fit into the General Roleplaying section. This is the kind of gold that spawns entirely new roleplaying boards, but starting a fresh board just creates more problems, so ignore me.

Yeah, so as I said, I'm pretty lost now. We need to start something akin to a cast list of all the characters so far, what races those characters are and what civilizations/races they hail from. That might help out a bit.

Well, I really don't see a pseudo-Japanese civilization/race working with what we have so far, but I have the interest in Dwarves. I once roleplayed as a Dwarf Scholar (ironic I know) on a fantasy roleplaying board that went down the tubes. My character, Rhys Rhyson (How original) was incredibly fun to play because he was the complete opposite of the stereotypical dwarf.

I wrote a huge description of the dwarves on this other roleplaying board, which obviously won't all apply to our unique board, but I'm sure an adaption can be made to make it all fit. Dwarf Info. As you can see, I am heavily influenced by the Dwarves created by Terry Pratchett.

Dwarves in those roleplay would be few, due to civil war. On the brink of extinction as they refuse to change, becoming adamant that change what was what had put them in danger in the first place. They seal themselves underground again and are never seen again, save for my Dwarven Character (any anyone else who wants to create a Dwarven Character). My character, who's name I would change to something more original. I think he would make a nice addition to any party group.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Zereth, did you read the Wiki page we did on what we have so far?

And Charley I think that will work just fine.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    Yes, I did read it.

Parsideon Denix
    I figure whoever starts this, I will work myself into your storyline at some point:

Denix is a Captain of the Necian League, and is sent on a pursuit mission to reclaim the Golden Lantern of Osseri, which is one of the more magical artifacts in the Necian League. The Lantern has been stolen by a band of Glaucan pirates known as Fyren's Fold. Commanding a squadron of Necian triremes, Denix's ships are dashed apart in a storm, allowing the Fyren's Fold ship to flee.

Only himself and a handful of his Glaucan allies wash to shore alive, and wherever they are now, they are far from home.

I am working on a post now

Calder Aquasis
    Dunaah, a Glauca to throw in the mix. Calder Aquasis, a Glauca pirate with no magic abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsideon Denix View Post
    I figure whoever starts this, I will work myself into your storyline at some point:

Denix is a Captain of the Necian League, and is sent on a pursuit mission to reclaim the Golden Lantern of Osseri, which is one of the more magical artifacts in the Necian League. The Lantern has been stolen by a band of Glaucan pirates known as Fyren's Fold. Commanding a squadron of Necian triremes, Denix's ships are dashed apart in a storm, allowing the Fyren's Fold ship to flee.

Only himself and a handful of his Glaucan allies wash to shore alive, and wherever they are now, they are far from home.
    I was thinking maybe Calder could a pirate be aboard the ship Parsideon is chasing down in the thread at the moment. I could have Calder try to infiltrate Pasideon's ship, only to be caught up in the storm and get washed up with him. Could lead to an unlikely alliance, no?

Cailean MacGabhann
    Great posts so far.

This is the kind of gold that spawns entirely new roleplaying boards,
    I'm glad you think so ... but this is why I am reluctant to add in race after race, at least until we get the story off the ground, so to speak. As you say, it's pretty "big". Unlike the other two main Gen RPing scenarios, which both take place on familiar land and with character types that are common knowledge (vampires, werewolves, etc), this one is something we just made up. What we have already, in terms of geography and races and so forth, isn't vast. I am sure it will grow with time but we don't want to overload ourselves with too much from the outset.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I added an open User Group for this roleplaying setting, which you can now join through your User Control Panel Post icons are forthcoming.

I'm getting a feel for Molly.

It'll be fun to play someone with a real disability when it comes to moving around and doing regular stuff like dressing herself.

Parsideon Denix
    Quote Originally Posted by Calder Aquasis View Post
    I was thinking maybe Calder could a pirate be aboard the ship Parsideon is chasing down in the thread at the moment. I could have Calder try to infiltrate Pasideon's ship, only to be caught up in the storm and get washed up with him. Could lead to an unlikely alliance, no?
    I like this idea a lot. It will be especially interesting if there's more to the Lantern mission than was originally thought. Very cool idea.

I don't mean to step on S'il's toes, but I saw an opportunity to draw a map and I love drawing maps. I've attached a rough idea based on the clues from the wiki page.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    a.k.a. Hunk, a.k.a. "That guy from Wisconsin who never posts"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I like it, but like we discussed in AIM I think it was a mistake to have Necia and Ankaa both to the East. One needs to be on the other side of the continent.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Sam - that's surprisingly similar to the basic map I drew up for s'Il to improve upon Not exactly the same, but very close.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast