Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts Over Hawaii

Tayshaun Payne
    Tayshaun looked around, shaking his leg, ready to take off. Nerves were starting to get through his moment of distraction. The man was a good one to have, he kept talking, he was good looking, probably rich, which was always nice considering it helped him with his fantasies when he slept at night. He looked at the man and smiled.

"It does. I am constantly thinking of things to write in my head. Sometimes it works, some times it doesn't, most times it doesn't." He let out a little laugh, smiling brightly at the man. New acquaintance. "I suppose it is much like a random thought someone has, except it is music, notes that I suddenly consider." He shrugged. "It is very hard to concentrate sometimes because of it." He looked out the window as he watched the luggage cart being driven away. Again, his nerves.

"Well, I admire you for being so tech savvy. I don't see how you can manage to stay connected to everyone all the time. It must be hectic."

Alex Peyton
    Alex sighed out as she flipped millions of switches at once, preparing for lift off as she adjusted her headset and her controls, much like that of an astronaut preparing for lift off. She had a little bit more harder task at hand considering she had to actually drive the thing instead of being shot like a rocket.

"This is Captain Peyton, to base, making sure we have connection." She waited a moment before she heard the voice of the watchtower respond, telling her it was time to depart to Hawaii. She looked around her area and flipped on her intercom switch, allowing the passengers to hear her.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain Alex Peyton speaking," She paused briefly hoping everyone understood her through her incredibly hard english accent. "Connecting from New York City, to Honolulu, Hawaii. I ask you to please turn off all cellular phones, computer laptops, and any other electronic device on board until further notice. It can disrupt our system." She looked at her co-captain and nodded at him to prepare to turn the plane around.

"I ask you to remain seated and seatbelts fastened until the light on your above console is off, or until we are stable, and lastly there is absolutely no smoking on board. Thank you so much for flying with us today, we are expecting low turbulence. If you need anything please ask a flight attendant for service. Thank you. We are now preparing to leave." She cut off communications and flipped on the seatbelt signs and quickly grabbed her gears and turned left in unison with her pilot.

Alex gave a small quick prayer and was then in the mode of nothing but getting this big sucker off the ground.

Takuya Bou
    Takuya listened closely to the pilot on the intercom, but after a moment, he ignored it. All he cared about was getting comfortable and getting back into the pile of mangas he had ordered from Osaka several months ago. All in Japanese, they would be a good escape from the hectic morning he had had, and the flight they were about to embark on. He could look across the aisle to where a black man and a blonde woman were seated, and just in front of them, a black man and another Asian man. Chinese though, Bou could tell from his eyes.

Bou glanced around him, excited to get off the ground and on his way to Hawaii. He hadn't been in ages, not since he had been thirteen and a little too young to realy live it up there. Sure, he was there to see family, but he knew he would be attacking the ocean, and taking down the night life single handedly. He was way too excited to sit around with his grandparents all day for two weeks. He knew he'd be taking off with his cousin, Mai, and they'd be tearing it up.

He couldn't wait.

He could feel the plane beginning to move. This was the worst part of flying. After this was over, it was literally, smooth sailing.

Chastity Collins
    Chastity looked out the window at the ground moving under them, excitement filled her beyond comparison. She loved flying, but in the back of her mind she had a severe concern for needing that last hit, that hit that would be the one thingto make it all better, but her morale was high and she was excited for all parties involved in her getting well. She looked over at her plane ride partner, whom she was calling considering she had no idea what his name was.

She felt the plane's speed increase and suddenly she got a bit scared, like her stomach just jumped in her throat, but she wasn't fearful of flying. She suddenly realized she was feeling referred fear by the man sitting next to her. She glanced over at the man to find him sitting as far back in the seat as humanly possible without his entire human existence somehow converting over into government styrofoam. She swore that this would be the moment she needed to close the plastic blind over the rounded rectangular window.

She bit her lower lip, gave out a sigh of sadness that she wasn't going to see the awesomeness of the whole leaving the ground kinda thing, but she knew it was out of common courtesy. She slid the shade down and looked back at the man who was about to turn a vastly different shade of pale. She leaned over and grabbed his hand that was like the jaws of life on the metal arm and tried to be nice and gentle as one human could be to another.

"I'm Chastity Collins. What's your name?" She asked him. "Are you married? Single? Have any children?"

Kylie Galway
    Yes, Kylie hated flying. If there was something someone could name that he hated more than flying he would eat his hat. He never flew, never needed to fly, and had never wanted to fly again after going to the US in the first place. And now, here he was, a grown man, and still just about to kill himself to get rid of the fear.

He felt the vague warmth of another human's hand on his, and he barely looked over, seeing the woman looking gently at him. She was asking him questions, probably to distract him from the fear. He would do his best to be distracted.

"I'm uh...Kylie. Kylie Galway," he answered, leaning his head forward a little, trying to relax. But the plane's shaking was making that so difficult. He shook his head a little. "No, I'm...I'm single. No kids..." he glanced over. "What about you...kids, family? Anything?"

Chastity Collins
    So far, she thought to herself out of pure joy, so good. This man, although probably not the most receptive to conversation at this moment in his life, she figured it was worth a try. She had done this many times and she was someone who was quite favorable to the idea of flying and the amounts of consoling she did to her friends who flew with her just made it seem like second nature, so of course she wanted to at least try in soothing this man's soul, even if it was to no avail.

"I am not married," She responded quickly as she focused on the man who had very pretty eyes and a very nice accent. She didn't know why, but she loved different races other than her own, may it be asian, latino, african, she loved it. To her own surprise she was very partial to liking the minority groupings other than her own, blacks mostly. She couldn't help but realize how incredibly racist that could have sounded, but she couldn't help it! She liked his skin color. She always had liked his racial grouping.

"I have a little girl! Name's Attica. Wanted it to be Atticus, but when it was a girl, had to change it. Ever read 'To Kill a Mockingbird', Kylie?"

Kylie Galway
    Kylie had read that book, actually. Come to think of it, he had read it not that long ago due to someone reccommending it to him. But for the life of him he couldn't remember what it was about. He shook his head in the affirmitive, but couldn't make out any words as the plane sped up and began to shiver a little bit.

Yeah. If God had meant for human beings to fly, Kylie was of the strong opinion that the good Lord, in his infinite wisdom, would have given man wings. As it was however, human beings flun huge bits of metal into the sky and expected them to stay up. There was something morally wrong with that. At least in Kylie's opinion there was.

"Yes, love, I've read it..." he said weakly.

Chastity Collins
    Chastity smiled, happy that he had! She had never read a book in her life except that one. She really enjoyed it and it almost made her go ahead and read books other than Dr. Suess, unoforuntaley she had other things on her mind than books. Luckily, she thought to herslef, she had brought it along since it was the only thing that had kept her sane during her moments of peace and tranquility.

"Great." She said to him almost as if she were singing, something she didn't mean to do, but it was a reaction she was used to doing when her child did something she had asked her to do or made a good grade at school. "It is a great book, isn't it?" She leaned a little closer to him, trying to keep his attention on her not the plane that suddenly started shaking.

"You have a very beautiful voice, Kylie. I don't think I've ever met a man from England, or had an english accent, quite exciting for me. You coming from England? You live there?"

Kylie Galway
    Kylie was slowly beginning to relax, even though the big hunk of metal was still shivering slightly. But he could tell they were a minute or two from actually leaving the ground and his body was beginning to get used to the idea of being a mile or so in the air. He smiled a little leaning forward and looking over at her to keep his mind on their conversation instead of on the shaking plane.

"Sadly, no," he answered. "I, uh...grew up there...went to school in America..." he paused a moment gritting his teeth as the plane jolted. He chuckled nervously. "I live in the Bronx..."

Chastity Collins
    "Oh!" Her eyes widened and she let out a small laugh. "The Bronx, I heard that place was a bit rough." She looked around at the people, none of them look at all as exciting as the man she was sitting with. Forced first impressions she liked this guy and he was very interesting to boot. Anyone with an accent as cool as his, definitely was great in her book.

"I have never been to New York. I heard it is a neat place, though. I haven't been much of anywhere except where I live and Texas." She swallowed and nodded. "Yeah, I am a bit of a hick." She laughed lightly.

She could feel the plane starting to level and she was a bit saddened, wondering if he would continue to talk with her like he was now, but then agian he couldn't just ignore her! These two just made a connection, or so she thought, then again she thought anyone who paid attention to her was now connected with her in some way or another, it was bit of her old personality of being the spunky cheerleader who the world revolved around coming back with a vengence for a moment. Luckily, self control kept her in line.

"What are you doing going to Hawaii?" She urged the conversation as they hit the worst turbulence, usually before everything finally gained to the sensation of floating, which she loved most about the plane.

Kylie Galway
    When they finally leveled out, Kylie let out a sigh, rubbing his forehead for a long moment before remembering that he was still carrying on a conversation. He paused a moment to regain himself, before turning to look at her. He felt the blood returning to his fingers and face. He sighed a little. He realized how kind she had been to distract him during the worst of it.

"Oh," he said, smiling a little. To him, all Yanks were hicks, but that was just because of their accents. He shook his head. "The Bronx can be rough, but only in certain places..." he said, his strained voice returning to its usual soft quality. He paused a moment, glanced around.

"Me? I'm headed to Hawaii for business...we are going to open a new club there," he laughed a little.

Chastity Collins
    She let go of his hand, thinking it was now inappropriate now that they were leveled out and in the clear. She sat back, she had been sweating herself as if his entire life was in her hands, but it was the least she could do to at least try and make this man live through a little turbulence and take-off.

"Cool." She said with a nod. "New club." She retorted. "You own one I take it?" She frowned. Did they have this conversation before? When they first met? She recalled him saying something about Blue Light? Or was she going mental? "You said something earlier about it."

Kylie Galway
    Kylie glanced over. He furrowed his brow.

"Did I?" he asked. He honestly couldn't remember if he had mentioned his club or not. Maybe she had and he just hadn't remembered that he had been talking to this woman. Either way, he didn't remember it, but she obviously did. He nodded a little. "Yes. I co-own and DJ for a club in New York..." he paused a moment. "What about you, Miss Collins?" he smiled a little. "You said you had a daughter? What do you do for a living?"

He was interested in learning about her now that she knew practically all there was to know about him except sexual orientation and middle name.

Chastity Collins
    DJ. That was something. She might have lived in a big city, but living just outside of the loop she didn't really know much of anything or met anyone worth remembering. Being a drug addicted mother who almost lost her only child to social services she didn't know much except her drug buddies and the police.

She laughed lightly, his question wasn't funny, she just wanted to laugh at the thought of being a single mother without a job, he was going to think she was incredibly irresponsible. She looked over at him as she situated herself in a way to look at him better. Hopefully, she thought to herself, this man wasn't very judgemental. If he was, she hoped her kindness had exuded well over the whole first impression, hopefully he liked her well enough.

"I...I don't do anything." She laughed nervously. "I've had a minor setback in my...career goals." She smiled. "I guess having a child at 17 will do that to anyone I suppose." Again she let out another nervous laugh and looked away from him a moment to play with her hair out of shyness. It was only then did she realize the close proximity of the two and that she made it blatantly clear she found him attractive, his eyes she said, but it was flirting still. The point, she was sure, got across.

"I was," She went on. "A waitress at a small cafe in Chicago. But...I didn't stay there long."

Kylie Galway
    Kylie listened closely, his fear slowly ebbing away as he listened to her talk. A child at seventeen? Yeah, that would throw a monkey wrench into even the tightest of plans. Kylie should know, his best friend made the mistake of getting a girl pregnant...and when she had taken off, he had gotten the kid. Of course, his friend had no greater joy than his little girl, but he certainly wasn't doing what he had always planned on doing.

Even though she had said she hadn't had a job, it hadn't really gotten through to him. He didn't judge people on their looks or their occupations. Hell, if he did that, he'd be judging himself ninety-eight percent of the time. So he knew that even if she wasn't employed, she still seemed a good person.

And...was that...was she flirting with him? Kylie did not flirt well. Neither did he take flirting well. He hadn't been flirted with since ninth grade, and that was because someone had put her up to it. His defense mechanism was shyness. Of course, it wasn't that much different from how he usually was...

"I see," he said, glancing over a stewardess came through. "How old is your daughter, Miss Collins?"

Chastity Collins
    Chastity still felt the burn on her cheeks of embarassment for herself, although she'd never see this person again in her life she still was self conscious and fearful of what others thought of her, although she had been told and taught to not really care. She breathed in as she tried to shake the feeling of being judged, although this man didn't strike her as the type, it was still something that urked her in the back of her mind.

"My daughter is five, about to turn six at the end of the year." She laughed. "They grow up rather quickly." She looked over at him, giving him the once over before smiling yet agian. "You'll find that out for yourself if you ever have children someday." Her eyes trailed off to a young woman getting a glass of water and then to the flight attendant who walked ahead with her cart before looking back at her new friend.

"Please," She said lowly and with a soft grin. "Call me Chastity, no need for formalities."

Takuya Bou
    Now that they were in the air, Bou was feeling more happy. The sooner they got going the better. He had unbuckled his seat belt and was glancing around at the people he was flying with. He smiled, digging through his bag to grab his Video iPod. Now that they were flying, it should hurt to have it out. He wanted to watch a movie on it, but he couldn't decide what, so he just put his ear buds in and started scrolling through his music.

He hadn't yet thought to chat up the person he was sitting next to, as...the man didn't seem that he wanted to be spoken too. He was dressed nicely, in a suit and pants, but his pale skin stuck out sorely among the people here who--being on their way to Hawaii--had been laying in the tanning bed for weeks straight.

Bou leaned back and listened to his music, ignoring the man next to him, who was too busy fiddling with a cell phone to even notice Bou sitting there.

Francois Roux
    Being among these people...it was like swimming in a bog. They were all there for the same thing. The sun of Hawaii. The joys to be found there. To partake in the debauchery only sub-human animals partook in.

The human race had sickened Francois. He was tired of dealing with people and their ignorance. Even coming to America barely speaking the language, he was more intelligent than half of the people he had met in his life. He couldn't believe that the grestest country in the world bred such degenerates. He didn't understand how, even with all their technogoly, how they still had their vehicles, and their airplanes, and their motorcycles, their plants, their waste going out into the environment to destroy it.

It confused Francois. Confused and infuriated him.

But he was ready to end it. He had been planning this for far too long for it to go wrong. It couldn't go wrong. He had had the best consultants, and the best contacts who knew about planes, and he knew exactly what he needed to do to bring this bird out of the sky.

It was just to wait now.

Alex Peyton
    Alex sat back, sighing out as she looked at the small meter on her console seeing the coordinates needed to be taken ahead. She was so sleepy, she wanted a power nap, unfortunately there really wasn't much one could do who was in control of a massive airplane with over 98 people inside it, lives that she had to protect on their way to whatever destination it may be. She looked at her co-pilot, his eyes glued to a page in a book, something she didn't care to figure out what it was. She watched their gears move slightly from being on automatic pilot, she slid her seat back, not caring that her unfriendly coworker glanced at her with confusion and toying with the idea of whether or not he was going to ask what she was doing. She didn't need to report to him anyway.

Alex stretched, they had been in the air for a little over an hour, they had a few more to go and she didn't have that much time left to relax or take a break before they were over the pacific ocean, dealing with turbulence from the winds swooping in from all over the place. She walked to the small metal door and unlocked it, pushing it to the side as she walked out into the small kitchen area where she saw three attendants talking, making something in the kitchen. They looked up at her with smiles and said hello.

"Got any coffee?" She questioned to them.

"We are making some now. We can bring it to you if you'd like?" The young blonde girl looked at the pot that was apparently brewing and Alex simply shook her head and waved a hand.

"Thank you, but I will get some when it is ready. I need to use the loo." She smiled and walked to the black curtain that partitioned the flight crew from the passengers. She pushed it open and loooked up to see a sporadic crowd of people, some talking, some reading, napping, but something she mainly saw were a lot of people with iPod's. She hadn't ever gotten herself one, but she figured she'd eventually break down and purchase one soon.

"Hello." She said to a young girl that looked up at her. She smiled back at her as Alex slowly made her way down the aisle, glancing at people from time to time. She laughed lightly when a flight attendant hauled down the aisle in a rush, apparently she had something to give to someone and was in a hurry from taking too long a break apparently. Alex moved aside, apologizing to her before walking on, her knee cracking against another, boney at that, sharp too. She hissed lightly and looked down at the knee she ran into and quickly apologized to the passenger as fast as she could, expressing her apologies loudly and gathering some attention from people who were awake.

The man shook his head and apologized, too. Alex looked up at the people behind the man to meet a bare of astonishing blue eyes who was, like a few others, looking to see what had happened. Alex smiled shyly at the passenger and quickly moved on after one more apology.

Laurent Flinn
    Unfortunately, it hadn't been Laurent's knee she had fallen all over. It had, sadly, been his seat mate, who, in all his touristy glory, had grinned and apologized and gone on reading. Laurent sighed. Even though he was probably twice the woman's age, he wasn't completely stupid when he saw a beautiful woman.

Laurent huffed slightly, glancing over at an Asian and a Black man who were chatting a seat or tow in front of he and his touristy seat mate. Not that they were being loud, but Laurent had a problem with eavesdropping, and they were the closest passengers that were actually speaking to one another.

Laurent pulled out the book he had brought along and cracked it open, pulling the torn sheet of paper from the pages where it had been marking his place. They had been in the air...almost an hour now, if he was a betting man--thank God he wasn't, he was the most unlucky man he knew. He knew that comparatively speaking, their flight wasn't long--say if they'd been flying from London to Hawaii. But there were still several hours left, and he was sure that by the time they sat down in the airport, his back and hip would be screaming for redemption. He would have to perform sugery on himself to relieve the pressure.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast