Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Otay!

Lianna Mal Pannis

Otay!

Mods ... please read the post in the group mod forum.

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread....threadid=40491

We need to decide on who stays, who goes and if we need more.

We also need to go through Avalon and remove those that arent RPing anymore.. easily fixed if people want access again later

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    from that thread to here

active Jedi

Morgan - already a mod for Enclave
    s'Ilancy - is an RPing mod
    Serena Laran - is an RPing mod
    Rhianna
    Kyle (as of May 28th he'll be back) - mod for TSO under different name
    Axius Keldara
    Bandage
    Yurza's jedi? - mod for TSO under different name
    Wyl Staedtler (when she has net access)

sniffle I was left out :mneh

current mods

AmazonBabe - not active (is not RPing anymore)
    Dasquian Belargic - has a Jedi character that is not currently active
    Estelle Russard - not active (is not RPing anymore)
    Figrin D'an - not active (is not RPing anymore)
    Master Yoghurt - not active (is not RPing anymore)
    Morgan Evanar - sorta active
    Navaria Tarkin - sorta active
    Ryla Relvinian - not active (is not RPing anymore)

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    As much as I would hate to do this

AB, Estelle, Fig, Yog, and Ryla would need to go

As long as Jen and Fewdy are up for it, I don't mind continuing to work with you two

As for new mods, I am not sure if size of the group warrants it. I mean, the entire Jedi community has a voice like we always did but if we need a new mod I do not want Kyle as one. I do not want to reward him when he gets back from a banning. What does that show? -_- He has great ideas, he can share them like everyone else

Also realized, maybe we need to revamp the forums as well ? not sure .. heh

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Baby.. I may be blind but what I lack in sight I make up for in sensuality ;)

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Jenny
    I don't mind helping out with moderation stuff- certainly given the anticipated group size, we won't need to do much in the way of moderation. I can't really see the amount of Jedi increasing hugely in the near future.

I would say add Serena/LD to the staff because she is very motivated, creative and a great positive influence on whatever she gets involved in. After all it was her who gave us all a kick up the ass.

Also.. do we have some kind of FAQ/introduction for these forums?

Lianna Mal Pannis
    Aye, agree about Serena

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread....threadid=38463

that's it. we need a FAQ .. once we figure how to deal with all of the Jedi types

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    alright, so that thread was kind of an explanation for people whilst we were undergoing the transition from old to new. now that is over, I guess we can come up with a more relevant FAQ, whilst still incorporating some of that info - I'm thinking specifically about the bit on ranks/age.

what sort of things do we need to address then?

- the organization of the jedi / their current standing in the galaxy
    - how training/promotions works
    - edit 'Enclave Roster' / 'Enclave FAQ' links at the top of the board, so they don't point to thegjo.com

...and...?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

There's no need to feel bad about removing people from the mod list. It's a matter of practicality, it's not personal. To be honest, I should have stepped down months ago... the fact that I didn't is more irresponsibility on my part than anything.

Now that that's out of the way...

If you want my input on this, this entire board can be run by 3 people. Given the current size of the group, that's plenty. Secondly, these selected people need to be able to make definitive decisions, and be able to back each others play on certain issues that arise. We all love being democratic in ideology, but if you want this to get rolling and be successful, you need a couple people to take charge, be bold, and not be afraid to act. Listen to suggestions and opinions, but don't let it drag out longer than necessary. Once things are moving, you can soften that stance a bit and open more things up for discussion and debate.

Lastly... this is going to require work. Whomever wants to be in on this restructuring needs to be willing to do the grunt work to make it happen. I can speak from experience on this... writing FAQs, rules, establishing protocal, answering questions, being a leader... it's not for everyone. Make sure the people you choose can handle it.

I'm not going to pretend to have a damned clue about the current storyline status of RP on Fans, but if you want me to remain on as a consultant of sorts, I'd be willing to help in that respect. I'm going to be exceedingly busy for the next couple of weeks because I'm moving and starting a new job, but once I get settled, I should be able to pop in a few times a week to check things out. Just don't expect me to be an active mod or anything. It's your choice, though, I'm cool with whatever is decided. As I said in the Group Mods forum, this place needs to be run by those whom have the time to dedicate to make it work.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    the three of us - dale, morgan and I - work together pretty well. certainly we wouldn't stall or pussyfoot around anything that needed to be done. we know each other well enough to not have to pretend to be nice to one another, when potentially difficult decisions have to be made.

I don't mind having you around as a consultant, Fig. you have always been committed to GJO and your input/ideas are valued.

(fyi, I cleaned up some of the threads on the board, putting them into the right forums. don't think I missed anything...)

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I appreciate you willing to do that Fig and I agree with you staying to help nudge, kick or suggest things for us.

I'm going to PM morg... bastard needs to get in on this

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I deffinately agree we need to dump inactive staff who haven't contributed in a long time. As much as I <3 many of them, sweep them away if they haven't posted in this thread.

And Figrin's input is always welcome if he feels like giving it.

As for Serena, I think we've got it covered.

Lianna Mal Pannis
    okay, annoucement in forum mods about who is the staff. then we need to clean up access masks... then start cooking up ideas on how to make this board work ... that way everyone is on the same page

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I posted for changes and went through the access masks. Basically if i kicked out someone that shouldn't have.. they just need to post for access again

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    good stuff. what's our next course of action?

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I was thinking of how to keep us as a whole order ...

Perhaps making different types of Jedi characters... different paths to accomodate the Jedi... like in the RP books.

Not sure how this would affect the wanderers.. but perhaps different Sects that view the Force a certain way. There can be leaders for the three sects that rise up to the occasion ... or something during the time

I dunno babbling.... kinda thinking Babylon 5 like the Minbari

Warrior
    Worker
    Religious

maybe we can get the Jedi like this

Warrior
    Spiritual
    Diplomat

@_@ I dunno

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

If you wanna make it easy, just use the types laid out in the KOTOR series:

Guardian - Jedi Guardians battle against the forces of evil and the the Dark Side. They focus on combat training and masterful use of the lightsabre. They are the "first line of defense" against groups like the Sith.

Consular - Jedi Consulars seek to bring balance to the universe. They focus on mental disciplines and mastery of the Force. While very powerful, they often focus on the "big picture," and take a more philisopical stance on important matters.

Sentinel - Jedi Sentinels work to ferret out deceit and injustice and are dedicated to helping others. They strike a balance between the physical and mental disciplines of Jedi training. In addition, they also undergo diplomatic training, often serving as ambassadors or working within government to serve the interests of the people and the Jedi.

Just a suggetions though.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I don't play the video games :mneh but thank you for pointing them out Figgy

See that's why we keep you around

But those are great and allow a certain freedom for any Jedi. My concern is differing philosophical beliefs.

As for training and promotion .. I think the system we had before should be fine. Find a Jedi Knight or Master (which we have none >_> though Lianna will be one eventually through story ^^ ) ... after training, the Jedi confer to see if they are worthy to bestowed the Rank.

Master test should be done tho since that is a special rank, unless they are carrying over rank because of the reset.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    using the KOTOR divisions seems like a great idea. they are pretty accomodating, so I think people could probably happily pick one they fit into. 'grey jedi', for instance, would fit well nto the Consular niche, I think.

training and promotions, yup, it worked fine prior to the reset. do you want to have a set number of basic requirements for promotion? e.g. time spent in the group, certain techniques learnt, etc? or just leave it to a case by case thing?

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I really dont want to have something like Dara's board. It's so rigid

Lianna Mal Pannis
    I think a listing of training threads and general activit on the Jedi/SW Forums should be enough. It was what we did last time and worked fine.

Rank is given by Character transfer or petition to the 'Leaders' of the Jedi (those that are of the three classes)

Master rank will be done by trial for those without that rank, IE new Jedi.

Is there really anything else or shall we take this to the masses

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Sounds fine to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast