Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sith Order

Ramoth Ocran

The Sith Order

I would like to bring something before the entire board. Currently, the Sith Order is extremely small and there are hardly enough active roleplayers in the Sith Order to be able to effectively train new recruits. My character, Ramoth Ocran for example, is stuck in his story because there are not enough Sith masters to be able to take him on as an apprentice. I would like to petition that something be done to allow more people to be trained be it through NPC's or other actions. What say you?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I can't say that I support people being trained by NPCs. There are characters out there, who aren't members who TSO but are Sith nonetheless, who may be available to train others.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I don't support people being trained by NPCs either (or by another character that you RP).

I don't know what to tell you about the Sith Order, as only the members know its inner workings and what is going on with it. However if it seems to be abandoned completely, someone might want to start a new Sith group.

Bloodcrest
    Aye, but you still need someone with the Force experience to start said group...which is the problem to begin with. If we had someone capable of starting a new Sith group, then they would be able to train others already.

I'm just saying that IF the dark side of the Force is lacking in avatars can we come up with a solution that will allow more darksiders?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ah ha, I see the dilemma!

Ok, under the rules - to start a new group you must have five distinct roleplayers for the group.

If there are five who wish to start a new sith group, even if you have no one of 'skill' among you, gather them and post to this thread. We'll figure out a way to make it work. One time only special circumstances.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Doctor Jesus Terrible
    aka. The Bottomless Pit

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Maybe RP out the accuisition of a holocron, I guess technically that would be an NPC of sorts, but at least it gets you going in a direction.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The staff would have to approve or deny any such plans, if five people are willing and able and want to create a new group.

What we'd like to see are people who want to commit to a new group before everyone starts thinking hypothetically about what might be done to help them.

Bloodcrest
    I'm obviously one with my Ramoth Ocran character

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    The Sith Order is very dead. Why? Because all it's members, save me, have disapeared- some with notices and others without. We had a plan set up, but due to lack of members such plans are irrelevent. Basically, we got half-way through this plan, which was the invasion of darksider Alexia Sturkov (roleplayed by myself) who routed the sith and took control of the sith temple on Korriban. The Sith relocated on Corellia, and then everyone disapeared. Baralai, Ramoth, and Ezra Na'chtion almost began a storyline of their own, but Baralai, as always, disapeared and hasn't been seen since.

TSO is dead. I don't think we can ressurrected it this time. I've managed to bring it around, sometimes with the help of others or on my own, to life, but it just dies again. Strangely, I find this the case on many SW roleplaying boards I've either roleplayed on or looked through. The sith group always seems to die out. I really cannot say why, but it just happens. A curse, perhaps? Worse ideas have been theorized.

As for the creation of a new sith-esque group, well, I think it's a grand idea, or a bad one. It could go either way. Zereth, though, could be one of those five base members to form this group. Although his sense of honor demands he stick with the sith, he would be able to see the decay and degeneration of the Sith Order, and leave. I have no idea how these five base sith would meet up and start the motion to create an order of sith, but I'd be all for it. As for a holocron: Why not battle our way back into the Sith Temple on Korriban and take TSO's holocron? I don't know if we roleplayed anything happening with the Holocron during the Invasion. I know I didn't, but Jorshal might have. If he didn't, then the library would have likely locked down and be sealed, and Zereth would be able to get at it. Of course, we'd need Lady Vader's consent for stealing such an valuable object as a holocron.

*shrug*

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I would write off everything about TSO and start from scratch.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I agree with LD. I'd really like to see someone come up with something fresh and original. The further the new idea is from TSO, the more likely it is to be appealing and succeed - simply because TSO has been done to death, and people obviously want a new kind of experience from their Sith group.

Dusk
    Looks good to me. I've just registered a new character who I'd like to be Sith-esque, so count me in. I know I'm not exactly an established Rper here, but I'd like to get stuck in with something.

Blade Bacquin
    Well I have had a few Ideas in the past involving new ideas for sith and Jedi groups. Not that I have ever wanted to start any there just ideas I had if you like any of them you may take them if you like. I am not very well versed in the concept that was behind TSO so they may be the same exact Idea I'm not sure.

Also i would love to help with a new group but currently my active sith Blade Ice and his master follow the rule of two.

1. First Idea is sort of base off what I already do with this character and my master does. We follow the dark side of the force more as a relegion then a group. The darkside guides us through are lives and we do it's bidding it doesn't do ares. Anyway to tweak this Idea more towards the group spectrum. You follow the faith dictated by the force wich commands you to claim holy war on the non believers. Which could be any and every group in existance on this board or inviduals even. You train as your relegion dictates and only train those who accept it as there faith. It's more a strict sith group then normal.

(BTW Blade follows this faith very loosely even though his master beats him over hte head with a stick everytime he disobeys.)

2. This Idea I am not sure if it is against any of the rules or not (if it is disregard it). Has it's miltant Ideals of the sith. Attack and conquer the galaxy. It would deal more wityh destroying rebels and imperials then anything else. It would also bring back the sith into fleet battle (this is the part I am not sure about I can't remember if force user fleets where totally canned by the rules or if allt he force groups just lost interest in them I can't remember.). But this Ideal is based that the group wants control and then will be able to achieve it and from there force everyone into there service.

3 the third Idea combines the two which I sorta liek the concept of but I really not sure if it could work or even if it would be possible to do. A a finatic relegious group (sith) start to rise on a planet. Amassing arms and a fleet to wage a holy war on the galaxy. They are strict ont here beliefs and wish to force those beliefs on everyone and those who refuse it will perish. This would add botha another force user group/fleet group to the mix something this board hasn't seen in well a long time. Although we do have the Inquiserate witch I see could be the main enemy of this group.

Most of these Idea are just vague and unfinished because well I never really had any plans to ever use them. But I like the Idea of relegious zialots out to conquer the galaxy and trying to force there beliefs on others. I would love to see another Sith Empire (not the group that was formely part of fans but the sith empire that once rivaled the old republic). Any of these Ideas I see starting on the fringe worlds of the outer rim and spreading while the empire is busy dealing with the rebels. mainly they would attack the empire to them being the primary threat at the moment . (not that the rebels aren't a threat I am just basing this off realism and by all realism standards the empire does control the majority of the galaxy therefore they would be seen as the stronger even though that might not be true by rp standards.).

I could even see such a group making deals witht he rebels so the empire has to fight a two front war. Then being sith double cross the rebels in the end of course. Then I'm just getting ahead of myself.

Although if you need or want any help with this or any other sith Idea I'm always around and glad to help. However I doubt I will have much involvement in the group unless there is a change of plans in my storyline which could also happen it has already happened a few times. lol

Bloodcrest
    There is a possible storyline in the making. We're thinking it up and getting the details worked out before we post it so hold on everyone :P From what I know about it (which isn't much) I'd say it is fairly original...definitely doesn't seem to resemble the Sith Order from what I've seen. I'd say just be patient for a day or two, the mastermind shall reveal his hand soon.

Aria Sihin
    I would gladly lend my services in this new group considering Aria is a Sith Master Tho considering this characters history, leaning towards option 1.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I like the sound of idea #1 too. Vega has a fanatical, zealous side to his personality that would make him well-suited to that kind of group.

Dusk
    Weyhey, so does that make 5 then? >.>

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

There is, of course, nothing to stop more than one darkside group from being formed.

However, don't expect to get the opportunity to pay for hosting for a forum on Sw-Fans like TSO does. I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying don't expect it. Depending on the group/s and how your planning goes something might be worked out.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    TSO is paid up for the rest of the year, and as far as I understand Zereth footed the bill, so it should be within his rights to use the space for another group if he so chooses - correct? TSO's current threads could just be placed into an archive forum.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Perhaps, but this is something better discussed after such a group has formed, and probably in private.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast