Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA tourney pics and discussion

Two great games just ended. Though the teams I was pulling for lost both.

I go 7-1 today 32-8 overall.

Midwest Region
    (7) UNLV
    (2) Wisconsin

(11) Winthrop
    (3) Oregon

(9) Purdue
    (1) Florida

West Region
    (5) Virginia Tech
    (4) Southern Ill.

(8) Kentucky
    (1) Kansas

East Region
    (5) USC
    (4) Texas

South Region
    (5) Tennessee
    (4) Virginia

(7) Nevada
    (2) Memphis
    Last edited by CMJ; Mar 17th, 2007 at 09:34:57 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Midwest Region
    (7) UNLV
    (2) Wisconsin Win

(11) Winthrop
    (3) Oregon Win

(9) Purdue
    (1) Florida Win

West Region
    (5) Virginia Tech
    (4) Southern Ill. Win

(8) Kentucky
    (1) Kansas Win

East Region
    (5) USC
    (4) Texas Win

South Region
    (5) Tennessee
    (4) Virginia Win

(7) Nevada Win
    (2) Memphis

jediSamson
    (7) UNLV
    (2) Wisconsin Win

(11) Winthrop
    (3) Oregon Win

(9) Purdue
    (1) Florida Win

West Region
    (5) Virginia Tech
    (4) Southern Ill. Win

(8) Kentuckywin
    (1) Kansas

East Region
    (5) USC
    (4) Texas Win

South Region
    (5) Tennessee
    (4) Virginia Win

(7) Nevada
    (2) Memph win

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Purdue took Florida to the wall today, but it wasn't quite enough to knock off the Gators. For a program that hit rock bottom 3 years ago, it's good to see things headed in the right direction. Getting back into NCAA tournament, winning a game, and coming close to beating the #1 overall seed is series of big steps from the mess that existed not that long ago.

A lot of young players, now with tourney experience, and some really good talent coming in next year makes me hopeful for the future.

Another program that's back? UNLV...a mainstay in my youth.

jediSamson

Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by CMJ View Post
    Another program that's back? UNLV...a mainstay in my youth.
    Wow, I was talking about the Larry Johnson led UNLV the other day and how dominate they were, And although they were on my bracket I never even gave them a second thought this year.

Well My ACC is officially dead (other than UNC) Man, really thought they would fare better than they did. But with the one loss and your gone format I guess anyone can lose at anytime. Have I mentioned that my Bracket was shot to heck?? LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by jediSamson View Post
    Wow, I was talking about the Larry Johnson led UNLV the other day and how dominate they were, And although they were on my bracket I never even gave them a second thought this year.

Well My ACC is officially dead (other than UNC) Man, really thought they would fare better than they did. But with the one loss and your gone format I guess anyone can lose at anytime. Have I mentioned that my Bracket was shot to heck?? LOL!!
    I still have my final 4 . Also I completely forgot Friday and Saturday night to make my picks here, oh well probably would have sucked anyway. I have to say I am shocked there are no real sleepers besides Vanderbelt and UNLV. Butler kind of is but they have been a top 15 team most of the year. Still three mid majors left which is good. I am hoping either Butler or Southern Illinois can make it to the final four.

I had another 7-1 day. That gets me to 39-9 overall....one of my best years I believe.

West Region
    (4) Southern Ill.
    (1) Kansas

(3) Pittsburgh
    (2) UCLA

South Region
    (3) Texas A&M
    (2) Memphis

(5) Tennessee
    (1) Ohio St.

I think there will be one big upset in this round but I really don't know who it will be. I am really hoping Butler can pull of the upset tomorrow.
    (4) Southern Ill.
    (1) Kansas W

(3) Pittsburgh
    (2) UCLA W

South Region
    (3) Texas A&M W
    (2) Memphis

(5) Tennessee
    (1) Ohio St. W

jediSamson

Rant

Ohio st, should not even be playing tonight. Oden's foul was flagrant, should have been some foul shots and Xavier's ball which that would have sealed the game. Sad, pathetic officiating, heck even Oden said it was flagrant. And why, does everyhing read "Oden to lead...... Oden has yet to lead, didley-doo heck this Clown didn't even know how the tourny worked.

Have to be proud at how Southern Illinois gave Kansas everything they had. They could have won that game if they had scored on that steal. Oh Oden hasn't impressed me at all. He did nothing special in the win over Xavier and so far he hasn't been a factor. If wasn't for the players around him (Conley, Lewis and Butler) they would be out of this tourney last round.

Both of the early games were fantastic. Memphis showed alot of guts winning against A&M in what was practically a home game for the Aggies. And SIU went toe to toe with KU for the entire contest.

I was surprised Memphis won. I really haven't felt they were that good coming into this tourney. I figured they played in a weak conference and have been waiting for them to lose. Tennessee is just out hustling OSU right now. OSU won't get lucky twice.

Memphis now has made the Elite Eight 2 years in a row. They may be from a weak league, but they're for real(hey UNLV played in a middling league when they were at their peak....Gonzaga is in a weak leak too...it can happen). I REALLY am impressed we played them as tough as we did now.

Well I just gave them no respect heh. Oh and what a shocker Tennessee is up by 17 points at half time. I sure didn't see that coming. They are running up and down the court with them.

That Regional Final could be a Civil War. Memphis vs Tennessee? Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by CMJ View Post
    That Regional Final could be a Civil War. Memphis vs Tennessee? Good lord.

LOL yeah that could be a heck of a game. One thing could be a game in the 100's with the way those two teams play offense.

I know those 2 schools don't like each other much. Memphis has been the basketball power in the state ever since they were in the MVC, but Tennessee is the big state school with the huge following. Kinda doesn't make sense, but there it is. I'm sure the Tigers would love nothing better than to knock off the Big Dog.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast