Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason and Draft

jjwr
    Yup, the NFL is looking into the leak but as one writer put it the fact that neither the player, his agent or the NFL are denying the leak pretty much means its true.

The Pats also just signed Kelley washington, another possible injury risk but also got him on the cheap for a year. Curious to see what he'll do once he's outside of the shadow of their formidable receiving corp.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

They have one heck of a receiving corp, thats for sure.

jjwr
    Sorry I meant that Washington might do well now that he's out of the shadow of the Bengals top trio of Cinco-Ocho, Houshmanzadah and Henry. The Pats WRs could be good but still lots of questions with the group.

jjwr
    Texans dealt for Matt Schaub. Very suprising that the Falcons let him go, for their sake I hope Vick actually turns into a starting QB worth something.

I like what the new comish has done
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2832237

I think by suspending these punks he sends a strong the message the NFL won't tollerate that kind of behavior any more.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Thats a good thing. One thing I can't stand is athletes who think they can do whatever they want cause they are rich and "superstars". These guys are supposed to be role models, not thugs and morons. I hope he cracks down hard on drug abuse violations and crime in particular.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Schedules have been released. I like the Raven's schedule. 4 Sunday Night/Monday Night football games. 5 late games. Primetime games include: Bengals, Pittsburgh, Colts, and Patriots.

JMK
    The part I like best is that the NFL can suspend players regardless if they guity or not. I think THAT is the strongest message. Even if you manage to get away from a DUI charge, the NFL can still suspend you for it. I think that's awesome, and I love the fact that Jones is done for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by JMK View Post
    The part I like best is that the NFL can suspend players regardless if they guity or not. I think THAT is the strongest message. Even if you manage to get away from a DUI charge, the NFL can still suspend you for it. I think that's awesome, and I love the fact that Jones is done for the year.
    I think it sets a great message and shows why the NFL is the king of professional sports.

jjwr
    Basically says if you hurt the league with your actions, regardless if you are convicted or not then the League will take something from you.

Pats schedule doesn't look too bad, great bye week at week 9 and 5 primetime games including the big Colts matchup.

jjwr
    The Draft is only a few days away. As the Pats don't pick till the end of the 1st round its hard to get too excited but I'm really curious to see who they get. Hoping for a Linebacker & Safety, maybe Beason or Poszlusny

Anybody here anything that the Chiefs might be interested in trading Johnson, if the price is right? I would think it would take a Herschel Walker deal for that to happen though. The chiefs are trading away their players. They just traded away Dante Hall for a 5th round pick to the Rams. Although, I think the Rams got shafted on that deal. Hall has lost most of his skills. He is nothing but an average returner these days and his recieving skills suck. They are still trying to get a pick for Trent Green from Miami, I suspect the Dolphins will give up a 4th rounder for him. I guess the Chiefs are entering rebuilding mode, which they probably have to do considering all the players retiring and the age of some of the players.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Considering they lost like 4 of 5 offensive linemen starters this past offseason, I'd say yeah it's rebuilding mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Pode View Post
    Considering they lost like 4 of 5 offensive linemen starters this past offseason, I'd say yeah it's rebuilding mode.
    They didn't lose 4 out of 5 just two. Jordan Black though sucks. Will Shields is a bigger blow, although I knew that was coming. The other three starters are still there, although I am not sure who will start at one position either Kevin Sampson or Chris Terry. Welbourne is replacing Shields and he is decent. They signed Mcintosh from Miami to replace Black and he can't be any worse than him. They funny thing is they are getting better on defense and will probably have to allow the defense to carry the team.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

It would appear the Browns are getting the most out of the draft thus far, getting Joe Thomas at #3, then making the trade with Dallas to take Brady Quinn at #22. It'll cost them their first round pick next year, but in the short term, it appears to be a big win. Two major upgrades to their offense in the first round.

sirdizzy
    I feel bad for Quinn just last september people looked at him as a number one pick and to fall all the way to 22 and not even top 10 anymore is huge. Plus he now has to play for the browns.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

The Draft is such a volatile thing, driven so much by rumor and speculation that reality tends to gets lost in the over-analysis. As you said, Quinn was looked at as a Top-5 pick a few months ago, and he slides all the way to #22. Troy Smith, whom looked like a potential first-round pick during the past college season, likely will end up as a 4th-round pick because of one game in which his entire team completely sucked and gave him no help.

Quinn wanted to play for the Browns, they're his hometown team, so I don't really feel too badly for him right now. He didn't go as early as he had hoped, but he at least ended up where he wanted.

I'm not really sure what to make of Green Bay's pick at #16. Harrell has a lot of potential, and I know that had Marshawn Lynch been available the Packers likely would have grabbed him instead... the injuries worry me though. I almost would have preferred that they taken Dwayne Bowe to give Favre another weapon, but we'll see.

sirdizzy
    I am not to happy with the broncos I mean Jarvis Moss is a great pick and we really needed help at DE big time but they gave away a 3rd and 5th rounder for him when he might have made it to them anyways. I mean moving 4 spots can be huge if your moving from 7 to 3 or 6 to 2 but not from 21 to 17. I mean there was a good chance he could have lasted another 4 picks and the talent drop off from 17 to 21 is not worth 2 picks.

sirdizzy
    I am impressed with the NE trade at #28, you get San Fran's #1 pick next year which could be in the 28th area at the worst (I mean SF should be much better next year, probably even a playoff team but its unlikely they will be going to the conference championships to make this pick go lower that 28th) so it likely will be a little higher up (15-25 range is my guess) plus you get plus a 4th rounder this year. New England already had picked at 24 so this trade is a great trade for them.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

I wonder if Detroit Lions will keep Calvin Johnson or trade him. If they were smart, they would try and get more players for him, because they have bigger problems than the WR position.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast