Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by CMJ View Post
    There was also an early SB played in Houston's Rice Stadium I believe that had pretty lousy weather.
    Is that the one am I thinking of? Or did the one in Louisiana have bad weather too? I might be confusing the games.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Why is Prince famous again?

No, you were right too. In one Pittsburgh beat Minnesota and the other Miami beat the Vikings(wierd that that they were a in both...and a cold weather team and still lost).

Well the Vikings couldn't win anywhere

The second half is under way. The Colts special teams have cost them 11 points so far. If you'd told me that before the game I would have expected the Bears to be ahead at least 10 points. The Colts are running the ball well and are already past the 50 on this first drive. Big 3rd down here for Chicago. If they can force a punt they would have escaped back to back Colts possessions without giving up any points.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

Big 3rd down conversion and now a 10 yard run on first down. The Colts are dominating the clock. Chicago better get a stop or a turnover or they're going to get worn down. The Colts did this to NE and they look ready to do it again.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Charley
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Pode View Post
    Why is Prince famous again?
    For having more talent in his toenail clippings than most stars have in their entire careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Vymes View Post
    For having more talent in his toenail clippings than most stars have in their entire careers.
    When I was a kid one of the great debates of our time was Michael Jackson v. Prince. I always took Prince. History has proved me a wise, wise, wise man.

Saladin
    Prince made my corgi bark.

But then, the animatronic reindeer lawn ornaments across the street made my corgi bark.

Who's the MVP so far? I mean, besides the rain.

Another big play by the rain!!!!!!! Ughh.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Charley
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedieb View Post
    When I was a kid one of the great debates of our time was Michael Jackson v. Prince. I always took Prince. History has proved me a wise, wise, wise man.
    Even if he didn't write awesome songs, and didn't become the quintessential master of "get your groove on" music in the 80's, his vocal range alone is enough to make me a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Vymes View Post
    Even if he didn't write awesome songs, and didn't become the quintessential master of "get your groove on" music in the 80's, his vocal range alone is enough to make me a fan.
    And he can play awesome guitar and can dance his CENSORED off. Meanwhile, in the rain bowl...

The Bears defense looks like it's already spent. Indy is running it down their throats now. That face mask has them knocking on the door again. Right now it looks like Addai has the lead in the MVP race. Wow, great effort by Wayne on that catch.
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Feb 5th, 2007 at 07:26:16 PM.

Saladin
    Another big play by the rain!!!!!!! Ughh.
    As a run-heavy defensive team, the Bears ought to be rolling in these conditions. The Colts have gotten things under control, and the Bears have yet to do so. Part of that is Rex's inexperience, part of it is a Colts defense that is really starting to bully their opponents. Rain is part of the game.

The rain is even effecting their running game. Fumbles and snaps. And losing Benson hasn't helped that running game either. Gould punches it through and despite being dominated the Bears are hanging in there. The Colts killed that last drive by throwing on first and second instead of continuing to pound the ball. Now the Bears get a bit of a lift by finally scoring again and the defense got a blow.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

I'd say Joseph Addai is the game MVP, simply for allowing the Colts to dominate the time of possession. However, Manning's numbers are decent, so he's probably the leader for it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Figrin D'an View Post
    I'd say Joseph Addai is the game MVP, simply for allowing the Colts to dominate the time of possession. However, Manning's numbers are decent, so he's probably the leader for it at this point.
    If Addai catches a few more screens and sets the reception record he'd get my vote. If he does that and gets a rushing TD it's his for the taking. 4th quarter and if Indy keeps pounding it on that tired Bears D they could put this game away. Even when they get long 3rd downs Manning is able to pick them apart in the middle of the field.

Saladin
    The rain is even effecting their running game. Fumbles and snaps.
    My point: that's the Bears' fault. When conditions are bad, you have to work all the harder to secure the football, especially as a possession-oriented team.

Both these teams have made their share of mistakes, but the Colts are winning because they're starting to eliminate those mistakes. You can't expect the Super Bowl to be a perfect game - it's only one out of 267 games played all season, and it's played by the same rules under the same conditions, aside from the extended halftime. The weather is part of the game.

Fig, I have to agree about Addai at this point, though I suspect Peyton will be voted in if he makes another touchdown pass and otherwise doesn't mess anything up.

Amazingly, we're still within a single score of a Chicago lead.

Just when that run by Jones looks like it could start a big drive, the Bears hold. The Bears are one freak play away from taking the lead. Man, if Indy loses this game it'll be their special teams that will have cost them. Grossman can get hot at any moment. Right there, a big throw to Mohammed and the Bears are in business.

And the Evil Rex seals the deal.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast