Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24 Season Six

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    This latest episode just goes to show why drugs are bad, mmmm'kay?

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Very interesting episode last monday. Did anyone else watch it?

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Yep. I was surprised that things got wrapped up without the usual dangling plot line that would carry us through until the end of the season. Something else actually occurred that broke the formula!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Kraken View Post
    Very interesting episode last monday. Did anyone else watch it?
    It was a great episode. I was glad that Palmer was just bluffing and I loved how Jack took out Fayid. Now the Chinese come into the picture using Audrey to get to Jack.

TV posted some info about the finalle. And there is a big spoiler in it. I will post the article but put spoiler tags around the spoiler.
    If you're a longtime fan of 24, we don't blame you for feeling a little weary as Day 6 draws to a close. After perhaps the most invigorating season yet last year, this one's been just plain exhausting.

President Wayne Palmer was in a coma, brought out of a coma, then conked out again. Former President Logan got stabbed by his First Lady, but we haven't seen him since. Bad guys were surrounded and strongholds raided in ways we've seen before. Meanwhile, at a strangely crowded CTU, our quirky gal pal Chloe O'Brian is barely recognizable with all her grown-up glamour and relationship problems.

Where's the pasty computer geek we all knew and loved.

Then there's Jack Bauer. He hasn't been as high-profile as usual this season. He started the day as a hirsute, shivering mess, having just emerged from a Chinese prison camp. Soon enough he went rogue, tracking nuclear suitcases around the US, a plot that somehow involved Jack's father and brother. Not to mention Arabs, Russians, the Chinese and Audrey Raines who was dead, er, not dead, and now, well, who the heck knows.

"I'll be honest, it's been a challenge having the show in it's sixth year," says Howard Gordon. " I'd be lying to say we didn't have a fantasy we could outdo ourselves again. But at somepoint, you just have to tell a story, and I'm happy to report the season ends with a ot of firepower."

The truth is, as long as Jack's still Jack and America's still in danger, we can't help but watch him sweat, bite, and hack in the name of freedom, peace, and security. And while fans at jumptheshark.com may be groaning, Sutherland laughs and says. " Just wait." " There's a huge transition that's happening between this season and next year, and a lot of what's happening is about putting old story lines to rest so that new one's can emerge."

More on that shortly. In the meantime, Jack's got to save a nation.

In the most recent episodes, Jack's rogue exploits have caught up with him, and his short-fused side-kick Mike Doyle marshalled him and a shell-shocked Audrey into custody at CTU. " I kept joking I was always a second too late with Jack but I finally got him," Ricky Schroder says, laughing. Over at the White House, Karen Hayes had to fire her husband, Bill Buchanan, while acting President Noah Daniels was having an affair with assistant Lisa. But the real story is that the evil Cheng is still one the loose with FB sub-circuit boards, whatever they are. Says Gordon. " It's the classic McGuffin, but
    don't take your eyes off them. The boards become lifesaving currency for Audrey."

We're about to discover that Audrey's been drugged and tortured, which explains her batty behavior. We'll also see a more emotional side to Chloe when the CTU diva loses it during a drama with her ex-husband, Morris, who's still spiraling from being forced to arm the remaining nukes. The soap opera continues when Lisa meets up with a mysterious man for not so mysterious reasons: hot sex. " Lisa is going to become an increasingly significant figure this season," Gordon says. " She'll inform what's going on in the White House the same way Martha Logan did last year.

As Day 6 draws toward the two hour finale, some of the old 24 magic returns. With a nod to last season, a major character from CTU will die, though that's all we'll say. Says Gordon. " The purpose isn't to shock but to give new meaning to the characters who survive. It's the gift the dead give the living."The main event, though, comes when Jack's psycho father Phillip returns for a showdown that gets very personal. It turns out the focus is Jack's nephew Josh, and whether Jack can protect him from the evil plot Jack's father has set in motion.

"The face off between Jack and his father is really about the legacy of the Bauer family," Gordon says. " Who's going to control the next generation." That may sound grandiose but it makes the mechanics of their battle incredibly exiting. " For Jack, it's also quite painful." Says Sutherland," Jack was extricated from the relationship with his father a long time ago, and now that it's back in his face, it reminds him how seperate and alone he is."Seperate and alone is a good way to describe Jack. Most of the people he knows are either dead or want him dead, and even Audrey is a mere shell of the person she once was. Jack is ending the season "questioning all that's happened to him over the years," Gordon says.

"In that way, the final episodes " touch on a sensitivity that is rarely seen in Jack," Sutherland says. " He started the season in an emotional state like we've never seen him, seemingly indiferent. Now he's at the opposite end, full of emotion-and it's actually heartbreaking."

We could tell you more. Like that someone you thought was long dead is coming back with a vengeance ( yes, it's true) or that at least one couple get to have a happy ending ( no its not Cheng and Jack) But let's look ahead instead to next season, since that's all anyone's talking about around set these days."I'd like to see a huge departure," Sutherland says. " We go back and forth from the WHite House and CTU to the field, but I'd like to see that change up. I'd like to see Jack work in the outside world." Gordon adds, " The idea of moving out of LA is definetly interesting. If it's feasible production wise, we'd love to see the show set elsewhere and see Jack do something completly new."Hmm. Next year's an election year. Maybe there's a job for Mr. Bauer in Washington.

So,
    What dead character is returning to the show? It has got to be Tony, IMO. His death has never felt right to me. His death is also the easiest to explain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12