Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: NFL Pick'em Week 9

Faulk should have caught this ball. The colts though will lose, but to who is the question. I think they will lose 2 games before the season is over. But they are very capable of blowing it again in the playoffs. We are basically at the half way point. Every team has either played 8 or 9 games. I think both conferences are now wide opened. I know the media will play up the Colts, although they are morons. I don't think they are dominant as I said before.
    In the AFC there are 5 teams with 6 wins
    Indy
    NE
    Denver
    Baltimore
    SD
    Throw in KC and Jax who have both 5-3 and are in the playoff hunt
    Those first five teams have a chance. I think the Chiefs, I am biased though here, could surprise teams and make a run. Jacksonville I don't think have the players though.
    In the NFC you have
    Chicago
    NY Giants
    New Orleans
    and then not much
    Atlanta is too inconsitent. Seattle is banged up and Dallas and Philly don't look good enough. I think its wide open. You could have one of those 7 dominant teams (the top 5 in the AFC and the Giants and Bears in the NFC). Or somebody could get hot like Pittsburgh did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedieb View Post
    Back to back road wins in Denver and NE. Even with suspect run defense, that's still a pretty impressive finish to the first half of the season. The Colts aren't going to run the table, but they've got the AFC by the testicles with what amounts to a 3 game lead over NE and Denver.
    It doesn't matter they haven't proved they can win in the post season. I still have my doubts they will. I think if a very good rushing team like KC, Baltimore, or SD gets them they will get bounced early.

sirdizzy
    we all know the colts will find some way to screw it up come January, its this solice that helps me sleep at night knowing I will never have to see Peyton Manning touch, smell or even get near the Lombardi trophy

I think what will do them in this year will be the rushing defense. I think that will be their downfall at some point.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

i hate i hate i hate i hate i hate the colts

my hatred of the colts is even higher than my hatred of the raiders and the cowboys and I hate the the cowboys and I hate the raiders.
    We're the opposite then. I love the Colts, I really like the Dallas Cowboys (borderline a fan) and I hate, I hate, I HATE the New England Patriots.

Oh, and I also really like the Chiefs, haha.

JMK
    Sure we're all saying how little this game meant, but don't kid yourself. If the Pats had found a way to win we'd all be sitting at our computers today saying how Manning is still Brady's lap dog. The Colts just about secured home field throughout the AFC playoffs, and winning in Denver and in NE is impressive. The Colts have to break through one of these years...but if they don't do anything about that atrocious run defense then they're screwed. The mere fact that they're 8-0 with that run defense is silly. Do they have Corey Simon back yet? If not, he's going to help once he does get back. I thought last year was the Colts' best chance, but it looks as though this year could be just as good. I think the only team that has a chance to beat the Colts in the playoffs is the Pats....or the Colts themselves. No one else would be able to beat them, or even keep it close, especially if the game was in Indianapolis.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Simon is done for the year. Hence the trade for McFarland.

JMK
    Thanks.

That being the case, I think the Colts are going to have a tough time if they face a team with a good running game in the playoffs. They're dead if they ever face the Chargers!

I throw the Chiefs and Ravens in that mix. A team with a very good running back like LJ and Jamal Lewis will light them up. The only problem with the Chiefs is can their defense slow down the Colts. The Ravens and the Chargers I think can.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Oh if its not too late to pick tonight's game I pick Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Oh if its not too late to pick tonight's game I pick Seattle.
    No problem LD. No one in their right mind would pick Oakland tonight.

So much Colts bashing, so much hatred for a QB who makes the funniest commercials in the league. Now, recent history says the Colts will fold in the playoffs. But recent history also says the Pats aren't the Pats anymore. They've lost TWICE in a row now to both Denver AND the Colts. Plus, both losses to the Colts came at Gillete. They're not the big bad Pats anymore. If the Pats had won consecutive road games at 5-1 Denver and then a 5-1 Colts team we would all be carving their name into the Lombardi Trophy already.

Yeah, I want Manning to get his ring. No QB this good deserves to suffer the same fate that Marino does. Guys like Plummer deserve to never get a ring. He's on his second big contract and he's a couple of bad starts from losing his job to a friggin' rookie. That's sad. Brady? Welcome to the second half of Troy Aikman's career. Not only did Aikman not win another superbowl after Superbowl XXX, but he never won another playoff game. Brady won't face that kind of drought, but he'll never see another ring. And wanting more is just plain greedy.

The Colts will have home field advantage for the playoffs. Look at this schedule:

Buffalo
    at Dallas
    Philadelphia
    at Tennessee
    at Jacksonville
    Cincinnati
    at Houston
    Miami

Anybody see 3 losses there? Because that's what it's going to take for them to blow homefield. That, and Denver or NE going 8-0 the rest of the way out. Their schedules?

Denver
    at Oakland
    San Diego
    at Kansas City
    Seattle
    at San Diego
    at Arizona
    Cincinnati
    San Francisco

Two games against the Chargers and a game AT KC. Say buh-bye to finishing 8-0 and HF.

Patriots
    NY Jets
    at Green Bay
    Chicago
    Detroit
    at Miami
    Houston
    at Jacksonville
    at Tennessee

The Pats have a realistic shot at winning out. A now suspect Bears team at home and a game at Jacksonville look to be their toughest tests. But still, Indy's got to drop 3 for them to get them in Gillette in January. Where the Colts have now beaten them twice in a row.

Manning is Elway before he finally won his Superbowls. Elway didn't deserve the crap he got before Shanahan and Davis fell in his lap and Marino sure as hell doesn't deserve the can't win the big one label either. The Colts aren't as good as last year but the Steelers showed if you get hot at the right time and catch a few breaks you don't need to be perfect to win it all.

Holy crap, this game is going to be a joke tonight. The Raiders are a pathetic excuse for a team.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

If the Colts drop two and Denver one, Baltimore could get it.

@Tennessee
    Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    @Cincinatti
    @Kansas City
    Cleveland
    @Pittsburgh
    Buffalo

Of course I don't think Home Field means anything. I think the Colts will get beat in the playoffs. The question is who. Tonight's game is a joke the Raiders's offense is horrible.

That was the worst Roughing the passer call I have ever seen. They just tapped Walker. If you can't do that, you can'd do anything.

Not sure if anybody is watching but the end of this game is turning into a circus. Some Raider defender just kicked a Seahawk in the groin and got kicked out. Then there was almost a brawl. The Raiders looked horrible in this game. They had one good drive and nothing. They are going to get shutout again. I am not sure if they will win another game this season.

jjwr
    Home field is starting to mean less and less, just look at what the Steelers did last year.

As for the Pats, don't write them off yet. The key to Sunday Nights game not many people are mentioning is the Pats lost Rodney Harrison on the 3rd play, when you lose the guy that holds your secondary together against a passing team like the Colts your going to have trouble. That and 5 turnovers and they still only lost by 7? Not bad at all, like I said the Colts don't scare me, in Indy or anywhere else. And the Pats will only get better, the passing game still isn't quite there, they had a good game at Minnesota but Brady is still working with all new receivers. They now have 8 games to get it ready for the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    Not sure if anybody is watching but the end of this game is turning into a circus. Some Raider defender just kicked a Seahawk in the groin and got kicked out. Then there was almost a brawl. The Raiders looked horrible in this game. They had one good drive and nothing. They are going to get shutout again. I am not sure if they will win another game this season.
    The crotch shot just exemplifies how much I hate the Raiders. They're a bunch of punks. I hope that idiot gets suspended, like the guys in the booth kept saying he should be. At least it was satisfying to see the Raiders playing such suckalicious football again. :evil

JMK
    I didn't even bother watching one second of last night's game. ZERO star power, and I knew that it would be complete snore fest. I did catch the highlight of that dirty, rotten, fool of a Raider knee that guy in the family jewels. Between him and that meathead in Tennessee who stomped that dude's melon the league is not doing a good job of controlling this sort of behavior. What gets me is that if something like this happened in hockey, the NHL would be front page news again. I'm exaggerating to make a point because stomping on a guy's head with a skate is front page news, but you all know what I mean. What has been going on in the NFL this season is as bad as anything, and head-stomping, knob-kneeing jerks should be suspended for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn Fizz View Post
    The crotch shot just exemplifies how much I hate the Raiders. They're a bunch of punks. I hope that idiot gets suspended, like the guys in the booth kept saying he should be. At least it was satisfying to see the Raiders playing such suckalicious football again. :evil
    That is the only reason I kept watching the game, to see the Raiders get embarassed. I hate the Raiders with a passion. Anybody else see Al Davis ? He looked like he was a zombie, man he has gotten old. I think a lot of the teams problems is because he has lost it.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Blade Ice 11-3 (83-45)

Jinn Fizz 10-4 (85-43)

Ambrose Braeden 9-5 (78-50)
    Nathanial K'cansce 9-5 (78-50)

jjwr 8-6 (81-47)
    Liam Jinn 8-6 (79-49)
    Ryan Pode 8-6 (78-50)

Jedi Master Carr 7-7 (77-51)
    Sirdizzy 7-7 (81-47)
    Figrin D'an 7-7 (82-46)
    Yog 7-7 (82-46)
    JMK 7-7 (79-49)
    Jedieb 7-7 (75-53)

Tannis V'larr 5-9 (76-52)
    Lilaena De'Ville 5-9 (74-54)

Tannis and LD got away teams. Check for mistakes, please.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567