Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: NFL Pick'em Week 6

This is the second straight week they take a big first half lead and fall apart in the 4 quarter. The only good news for the Franchise is Leinhart, although I don't think Denny Green will be around much longer.

Leinart looks great for a rookie. But you don't have to look any further than the Cards pathetic offensive line for why they couldn't put this game away. Edge almost runs 40 times and he can't break 60 yards. That's beyond embarrasing. The Bears defense won them this game, but I wouldn't call them the best defense in the league. The most consistent defense I've seen all season long is Denver's.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

I don't know I think the Bears have the best defense. The question I have is their offense. I am not convinced Grossman can win them the big game. If I was Chicago I would be wary of Carolina and New Orleans and Seattle with a healthy Alexander.

sirdizzy
    denvers D has been just as dominant, and they haven't had an offense to back them up all season

only 1 td against a D in 5 games you have to go back to 1940 to find another team that has done it

I saw part of Denny Green's press conference on ESPN News, and good grief, you've gotta feel for the guy with his frustration coming screaming out of him.

JMK
    Where to start with this one?

Last night at 8:30 I decided that instead of watching what was surely going to be a laugher, I'd pop in Rocky 1 instead. 2 hours later, after watching the greatest underdog movie ever, I asked myself "wouldn't it be funny if the Cards were spanking the Bears?" Well whaddaya know? 23-3 for the Cards, midway through the 3rd quarter. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I told myself "This is the Arizona Cardinals...they'll blow this".

What unfolded over the next 1.5 quarters of football will last a lifetime, at least for me. Hearing Kornheiser's comments about how they should just close up the dome and fold the team if they lose this game was pretty much spot on with what was going through my head. But I think Kornheiser said it for effect because I don't think anyone watching that game thought that the Bears' offense was going to put it together in time to pull this one out. Well, the offense didn't have to do squat. The Cardinals fumbled and bumbled the game away...once again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Only the Cardinals could be this much of a sad-sack franchise. I don't think the Raiders are capable of that sort of meltdown. I suppose that's the best way to put it. And to choke...YES YES, a thousand times YES, Rackers choked on a very makeable 40 yarder to win the game. Leinart did everything he was supposed to do. I feel badly for him today. I have to admit, when it was 4th and about a yard, I was hoping they'd go for it and continue to work the clock, THEN kick a FG to win. But like Jedieb said, their line was SO EMBARASSINGLY bad at getting room for Edge that there was very little chance of gaining that extra yard. I guess they had no choice but to kick the FG. Like I said, it was only 40 yards. That's pretty much a lock these days unless mother nature intervenes...which it didn't in that dome.

I was pretty much stunned once the game was over. How could a team, even one with a history like the Cardinals blow such a big lead? How could they do this, even though they created SIX turnovers, and gave up exactly 3 points to the other team's offense? I wonder what the mathematical probability was for the Bears scoring 3 unanswered TDs from defense or special teams. I'm sure it's way out there. It was a truly mind-numbing loss, even for the Cardinals. I hate to say it, but I think Dennis Green got himself fired for this one. I don't know how much blame is his, afterall, it wasn't exactly bad play calling. It was a fumble from a guy who NEVER fumbles. It was a shanked kick from a guy who's automatic. It was a good game plan to knock off what was at the time, the NFL's best. It almost worked, but if you can't manage a game in which you have a 20 point lead for 20 minutes, you don't deserve to be a head coach.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I truly feel bad for Denny Green. Defensively, the play calling was a masterpiece. Even offensively, the play calling was fairly good considering they were missing a top playmaker, starting a rookie QB and their offensive line is offensive to watch. Green may get fired at the end of the season, but he'll get another job fairly quickly. And whoever inherits the job will fix the offensive line and suddenly have a very good team.

JMK
    Green's press conference was pretty sad. I felt bad for him, but at the same time I was laughing. He went from calm and disappointed, to agitated, then to the point where I thought he was going to turn green, double in height and destroy the place.

I bet he got very little sleep last night.

What does he do today, or what does he say today to his team? They played a pretty good game. There were 3 plays which ruined them. The fumble is on Edge. The kick is on Rackers. The TD return is on the punting team. Not exactly reasons to bring the house down, but clearly something has to be done.

Results, Ambrose gets his friggin' C!

Democracy has spoken and option C has prevailed!

Figrin Dan 8-5 (63-24)

Jinn Fizz 8-5 (62-25)

Master Yoghurt 8-5 (61-26)

sirdizzy 7-6 (60-27)
    JMK 7-6 (60-27)
    jjwr 9-4 (60-27)
    Tannis V'larr 9-4 (60-27)

Blade Ice 6-7 (58-29)
    Ryan Pode 7-6 (58-29)

Jedi Master Carr 6-7 (56-31)
    Liam Jinn 7-6 (56-31)
    Nathanial K'cansce 7-6 (56-31)