Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Playoffs

Sports MLB Playoffs

The final 8 our set. The games start Tues. Let the east coast sleep deprivation BEGIN!!!!

Tues.
    Oakland @ Minnesota 1PM
    Zito v. Santana

Cards @ Padres 4PM
    Carpenter v. Peavy

Tigers @ Yanks 8PM
    Robertson v. Wang

Wed.
    Oak @ Minnesota 1PM
    Haren v. Bonser

Dodgers @ Mets 4PM
    Lowe v. El Duque

Detroit @ Yanks 8PM
    Verlander v. Mussina

Thursday
    Cards @ Padres
    Suppan v. Young

Dodgers @ Mets
    Maddox v. Glavine

Friday
    Minnesota @ Oakland 4PM
    Garza v. Loaiza

Yanks @ Detroit 8PM
    Johnson v. Rogers
    (Over 80 years of starting pitching. Get the Ben Gay ready!!!!!!!!)

Saturday
    Twins @ Oakland TBD
    Radke v. Harden

Yanks @ Detroit TBD
    Wright v. Bonderman

Mets @ Dodgers TBD
    Trachsel v. Penny

Padres @ Cards
    Williams v. Weaver

Let the fun begin.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

JMK
    It's too bad for the Tigers that they couldn't hold on to the division crown. They held the lead from nearly day 1, but the Twins, IMO pulled off a miracle. If they were an east coast team, and not in the middle of nowhere with little media coverage, ESPN would be going nuts over them. Morneau officially sealed up MVP for me, followed closely by Jeter. You just can't deny what Morneau's production meant to the Twins, and how they caught fire from early June to today after he started playing well.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Yay! Playoffs... my favorite part of the season. >=}

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Some of these pitching match ups are to die for. I escpecially like Johnson/Rogers and Maddux/Glavine.

JMK
    Notice they're all guys over 40 years old.

The Yanks lineup for tomorrow:
    1. Damon
    2. Jeter
    3. Abreu
    4. Sheffield
    5. Giambi
    6. A-Rod
    7. Matsui
    8. Posada
    9. Cano

Obviously Torre is trying to protect A-Rod from...well, A-Rod. Look at that bottom 1/3, Godzilla, Posada, & Cano with Damon and Jeter looming behind. Good lord this is going to be fun to watch.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Oh weak. The Dodgers moved Maddux back a start. *shakes fist*

Go Tigers!

(Or whoever plays the Yankees)

El Duque strained a calf during a warmup today and is going to have an MRI. Needless to say, he may not be able to start tomorrow. The Mets are literally falling apart before they even begin the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the A's and Frank Thomas got to Santana early and lead 2-0. They've got the bases loaded right now and Santana is trying to get out of a bases loaded jam. The series could be decided right here. That's how big a road victory against Santana could be for the A's.

Zito gives one up but still looks real strong.

JMK
    So anyone ready to write off the Twins now?

The Twins went over a YEAR between home losses when Santana starts. Go figure it would have been today.

Cardinals come back from the dead to take Game 1.

JMK
    Well give the Yankees game 1. The Tigers failed to capitalize on their early scoring chances and now the Yanks are all over them. See ya in game 2.

jjwr
    Lets have some fun with Jedieb...

When looking at the Yankees linup a linup from the movie Blue Chips comes to mind....Best Team Money can buy! Must be nice to be Brian Cashman, easiest job in sports, you can be purley mediocre in your job and have $$$ thrown at you to fix it.

Now to some real baseball...

2 Straight losses on Santana, very suprising. Twins better be carefull or they could end up out in a real hurry.

I'm really curious to see what the Mets will do, Pedro isn't that big of a loss as he hasn't been around in a while so they've been winning without him.

sirdizzy
    The modern day murders row has looked good tonight, everyone but Cano and Matsui has a hit at the modern day Mister October Derek Jeter is 3-3. Jeter is great in october, this should be the year the yanks end their 6 year draught.

JMK
    Jeter is simply incredible in October. I don't know if I've ever seen a better clutch performer in playoffs. The clutch players that come to mind are Tiger, Jordan, Montana and Patrick Roy. Those guys had ice water in their veins and as good as they were in regular season play, they were able to elevate even further in the playoffs.

sirdizzy
    How bout them twins, heck yea all the way to the world series, oooops wait their 0-2

I remember seeing the predictions on ESPN from their experts who would win the world series, yanks were #1, Twins were #2, thats some expert predictions right there

The A's have lost leads before. Don't count out the Twins yet.

JMK
    Twins have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. They're so close to killing what was a great run to a division title. If they were heading back to Minnesota I'd still give them a shot...but since they're heading back to Oakland...I give them little chance to come back and win the series.

Oh you have to like the A's here. But Oakland did have 2-0 leads against the Yankees(in '01 I think?)and Red Sox(in '03) and lost both times. Granted there has been a ton of turnover in that team since then, but still.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast