Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: NFL Pick'em Week 3

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Well, I know he loves attention, but if this is a publicity stunt, he must be the most extreme in history of sports. I mean, faking a suicide attempt for headlines in the newspaper / TV / radio? That just takes the cake, eats it up, vomits it and eats it up again.

Someone just made this remark:

Can you blame the poor guy?

With Dallas on bye, there was actually a full 24-hour period where TO wasn't in the news.

He had to do SOMETHING.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Yoghurt View Post
    Well, I know he loves attention, but if this is a publicity stunt, he must be the most extreme in history of sports. I mean, faking a suicide attempt for headlines in the newspaper / TV / radio? That just takes the cake, eats it up, vomits it and eats it up again.

Someone just made this remark:
    It is T.O.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Some updates:

(KFFL) Updating an ongoing storyline, ESPN's Ed Werder reports Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens' publicist said Owens did not try to attempt suicide. His publicist said Owens was groggy when asked questions by the first response unit and there was a miscommunication because he of it. During a press conference, the Dallas Police Department would not confirm or deny Owens attempting suicide. The Cowboys have called a press conference for the afternoon to discuss the situation. Owens has already been ruled out for the team's Week 4 game.
    Terrell Owens has returned home after spending Tuesday night in a Dallas hospital. Agent Drew Rosenhaus is also now on the scene. Bill Parcells has a 2:30 EST press conference. There have been unsubstantiated rumors that Owens could attend.
    Terrell Owens has returned home after spending Tuesday night in a Dallas hospital and denies that he tried to harm himself with painkillers. The NFL Network's Deion Sanders spoke directly with Owens, and T.O. says he suffered a harmful allergic reaction because of the mixture of painkillers and dietary supplements. Owens will make a statement from his condo by 1:30 EST.
    And the press conference has been moved to 3:15 EST.

This is better than that old 80's soap, "Dallas"

jjwr
    Yes, not to mention, I am now stuck with Lamonte Jordan who has been a total bust so far AND T.O. Thats #2 and #3 pick. Tiki has not excactly been blowing on all his cylinders either. Man, I am doomed this season
    Yoghurt, I really didn't intend to hose you on this, I would have made the trade last week but if I had then I wouldn't have enough WR to fill my slots with the bye's so I was waiting till this week.

JMK
    Well the denials came sooner than I expected, but whoever said that T.O. had to do something because he was out of the news for 2 weeks was pretty sharp. It's mean, but I dig that comment.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Yoghurt, I really didn't intend to hose you on this, I would have made the trade last week but if I had then I wouldn't have enough WR to fill my slots with the bye's so I was waiting till this week.
    ^^ Oh, good to know. I was wondering. Thanks

Should have seen it coming when drafting him. I knew the guy is high risk. Even commented on it saying "I wonder who ends up with TO.." and when I got him "Never thought it would be me". Fully planned on avoiding him, but all the tier 1 WRs were gone. I got him late in the draft, he was available in the middle of the third round. Most would probably have picked him there, and most certainly he would be gone in the 4th round.

whoever said that T.O. had to do something because he was out of the news for 2 weeks was pretty sharp. It's mean, but I dig that comment.
    If you dig that, you should check this thread. Its full of those kind of comments, some of them outright hysterically funny. Very entertaining read:
    http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/v...er=asc&start=0

My favorite is this one:
    "Not only will he not cry at the press conference, I think he'll pull out a sharpie and autograph pill bottles for the press."

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Summary of the press conference:

Hasn't spoke with TO yet

No understanding of current condition. Still gathering info.

Coaching staff not involved with pain medication.

He needs to get a clearer picture of "what it is"

The media "probably knows more than I do"

When does TO become to big a distraction...

reply...he needs to be clear on this before he comments.

I am just the coach, not the team physician and I know little about the situation.

Would you rule out if TO will play? I won't rule out anything because I am ignorant on the subject.

I don't know where TO is myself.

Didn't talk to players about it during practice today.

I am really getting most of this here. When I leave I probably get more.

Pleased with his practice yesterday.

TO didn't complain of added soreness yesterday.

If TO is on the property, will you talk to him? I don't know what I will do.

I can't give you any information I don't have.

You are talking to an individual who doesn't have a good working knowledge of subject.

Will you put TO on field without a psych evaluation?

I don't know any of this.....

Pacells spoke with Jerry briefly for 2 or 3 minutes before the press conference

Don't you feel you should be filled in before you got here?
    reply..only if people have info...we are still looking for info.

Concerns about TO's psych?
    We aren't going there...this is gonna be over real quick if we don't move on.

What was Jerrys reaction.
    He felt same way, we just have to figure out what happened.

I don't know what happened.

Describe TOs demeanor.
    Fine

Can he play with his emotional state.
    I am not getting interrogated for no reason. When I find out I'll let you know.

Edit: There are now rumours of McNabb flying to dallas to make amens with T.O... holy cow what a circus. I think thats just an unfound rumour though.
    Last edited by Yog; Sep 27th, 2006 at 01:07:28 PM.

sirdizzy
    I drafted TO in a leauge last year and made a vow to myself I would not draft him this year as to not get hosed again and I kept that vow in all 3 of my leagues. When TO goes off the draft board there is usually guys like Javon Walker, and Plaxico Burress (2 guys who have combined for 5 out of 6 spots in my drafts, I don't have Burress in the wookie league) that can be had.

Owens went in the 3rd round of the swfans draft. Guys who could have been had (and I took Boldin 1 pick before owens so we can count boldin in that too) Antonio Gates, Hines Ward, Randy Moss, Plaxico Burress, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Chris Chambers, Javon Walker (wow instead of owens in the 5th round).

In the wookie league Owens was taken in the 2nd round. Guys who could have been had instead: Tory Holt, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Antonio Gates, Boldin (I got Boldin twice instead of TO what a freaking steal), Chris Chambers, Dallas Clark, Darell Jackson, Plaxico Burress, Javon Walker (Javon twice instead of Owens pinch me I feel like I am dreaming).

In both our leagues you could have had boldin, burress and walker instead of Owens. I got 2 walkers, 2 boldins and 1 burress instead of Owens and we wonder why I am in 1st place in the swfans league when by passing on Owens I was able to get walker, boldin and burress instead.

So for those keeping score through 3 weeks
    Owens has been worth 15 fantasy points
    Boldin: 30 fantasy points
    Burress: 31 fantasy points
    Walker: 38 fantasy points

so the clear steal is Javon Walker, taken in the 4th and 5th rounds respectively instead of the 2nd and 3rd for TO.

Oh and you can claim owens was on bye in week 3 but even if hadn't been he wouldn't have been playing so the scoring is for 3 weeks and owens gets a 0 for week 3 due to injury instead of the bye.

JMK
    I'm listening to the T.O. conference now on the radio. Though I can't hear every word from office noise, he certainly doesn't sound like a guy who just tried to off himself. He sounds very coherent and 'normal'...if T.O. is capable of normal.

That said, the cameras are on him and he's now in his element.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Quote Originally Posted by sirdizzy View Post
    stuff about WR picks in fantasy drafts
    Now hold the phone a second. I could not get Boldin neither in wookie league or swfans. Just like you, I like to pick 2 RBs first in the draft, then the WRs in 3rd and 4th round. Boldin was allready taken third round in both leagues, otherwise I would have picked him. Also, just to clarify, I only picked TO in 1 out of 5 leagues, and that league was swfans.

Who would I pick instead of T.O. if I had the opportunity? S. Smith, Fitzgerald, C. Johnson, M. Harrison, Boldin and maybe Holt. Those are the ones I concidered tier 1 WR studs (and I still do). Those players can put up +100 yard games + TD on a consistant basis. I would jumped all over them if any of those were still left, but they were all gone.

After that, the field gets more muddy. You have players like R. Moss + Chambers, who I personally found hugely overrated. Not so much because of their abilities on the field, but because I had concerns how well they would connect with their QB. My concerns only reinforced after season start. Even knowing what we know today, I would still picked T.O. over these two.

Ward has allways been a great #2 WR. But I was looking for someone with #1 potential. Wayne, also a decent #2 WR and I ended picking him in 4th round. I am a big fan of Colts passing game, and still believe Wayne got crapload of upside.

As for Buress and Walker, I was really not that high on Buress. Sure, in retrospect, you can say I was wrong about him. Walker, he was on a new team, and I had serious doubts about Denver's passing game. Remember, you're a Denver fan, so picking Broncos players comes much easier for you. I agree with you that Walker was a steal, that much is clear now.

But wait, T.O. was also playing for a new team, with a different QB, just like Walker. Why did I pick T.O. again? Well, yeah, but the thing about T.O. you can put Kyle Boller as QB, and he will still perform better than any WR in the NFL. That is WHEN he is healthy and on the field. I really believed his hamstring injury was blown out of proportion in the media (and it was) and that he would shut up and behave just this first season. Thats why I picked him.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Rotoworld: Terrell Owens-WR- Cowboys Sep. 27 - 3:45 pm et

As expected, Terrell Owens denied trying to commit suicide at his press conference. He said he should be able to play Sunday.
    "I am not depressed," Owens said. He claims being "out of it" when police officers asked him questions because of a mix of supplements and his pain medication. His publicist also denied nearly all claims from the police report. Perhaps the clearest sign Owens is not in any danger: He caught balls from Drew Bledsoe and Tony Romo Wednesday and says he is ready to play. His publicist ended his presser with a classic line, "Terrell has 25 million reasons to be alive."
    Sounds like what really happened is just gonna remain a big mystery, at least for now. He even trained on the field after being out of hospital. It would be funny if after all this mess, he suits up on sunday, and goes on to play the whole season at MVP performance rate.

I can't stand TO, but I figured this had to be some weird misunderstanding, like the idea he was groggy and didn't understand what the cops asked him and just said yes to whatever he heard. Because, face it, TO loves himself way too much to kill himself.

And if it was some kind of publicity stunt, God help him.

sirdizzy
    Well you couldn't get Boldin in either league because I grabbed him, so when it came to Boldin I was kind of speaking for myself (I took Boldin exactly 1 pick before you took TO and so far that has been a wise decision)

I liked Walker as a packer and him being a bronco I was high on him (I drafted him in all 3 of my leagues).

There was a few players I was high on this year and considered them steals in any league, Eli Manning, Plaxico Burress, and Javon walker. I only got Manning once because I don't like to draft to high on QBs and it was my preranked swfans autodraft that snagged him for me (I think I had him ranked somewhere in the 40s-50's) otherwise I might not have got him.

I like to draft 2 rbs in rounds 1 and 2, then 2 wrs in rounds 4 and 5. I start thinking about a QB in round 5 but only if all the good steals (ala walker, burress) are off the board at either WR or RB.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdizzy View Post
    Well you couldn't get Boldin in either league because I grabbed him, so when it came to Boldin I was kind of speaking for myself (I took Boldin exactly 1 pick before you took TO and so far that has been a wise decision)

I liked Walker as a packer and him being a bronco I was high on him (I drafted him in all 3 of my leagues).

There was a few players I was high on this year and considered them steals in any league, Eli Manning, Plaxico Burress, and Javon walker. I only got Manning once because I don't like to draft to high on QBs and it was my preranked swfans autodraft that snagged him for me (I think I had him ranked somewhere in the 40s-50's) otherwise I might not have got him.

I like to draft 2 rbs in rounds 1 and 2, then 2 wrs in rounds 4 and 5. I start thinking about a QB in round 5 but only if all the good steals (ala walker, burress) are off the board at either WR or RB.
    I had a chance at Bolden but I took Chad Johnson instead. So far he has been a disapointment. And what is funny is the Bengals are playing great and so is Palmer.

sirdizzy
    yea but with Chad there is always an upside, he may be bad now but he could be great tomorrow

while boldin might have a downside, if or should I say when the go to leinhart how will that effect his numbers

week 3 results & standings

Check your results, let me know if I've screwed up.

Figrin Dan 11-3 (32-14)
    Jinn Fizz 11-3 (32-14)

Blade Ice 10-4 (31-15)

Tannis V'larr 5-9 (30-16)
    Liam Jinn 7-7 (30-16)
    Nathanial K'cansce 9-5 (30-16)
    sirdizzy 10-4 (30-16)

Ryan Pode 7-7 (29-17)
    JMK 8-6 (29-17)
    Master Yoghurt 9-5 (29-17)
    Jedi Master Carr 9-5 (29-17)
    jjwr 9-5 (29-17)

Jedieb 8-6 (28-18)

Lilaena De'Ville 7-7 (26-20)

Ambrose 9-5 (19-11)

I know it's been awhile, but you may want to double check your results for week 3.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345