Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wined and dined..

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Erin
    Arabella tucked her arm through Michele's as the two strolled through the historic building and down to the cellars. She wasn't sure if there was time enough for the whole tale of how she first met Fiona tonight. Theirs was a long history.

"I promise to tell you the long version, at great length, leaving the sordid details in. However I think its far too long for our brief escape to the cellar. The short version is that Fiona has saved my rear on more than one occasion. She has a habbit of being there when one needs her." Arabella smiled fondly and released Michele's arm.

"Oh and don't worry about Byron, he's vexed with me, not you. He is usually only scarey when he has to be. In fact he is one of the more charming individuals I've had the pleasure of calling 'friend.' "

Fiona Devlin
    "When did you last speak with him?"

Byron Legard
    “I haven't spoken to Gabriel directly for...” Byron paused for thought. “A month or two, perhaps. Everything from London has been written, or passed on by one of the Primogen. He's been... busy. Both of us have.”
    Last edited by Byron Legard; Jan 4th, 2007 at 05:09:23 PM. Reason: up you go

Fiona Devlin
    :: She nibbled on her lip again, a sign of restlesness, and waited for Byron to speak again ::

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Erin
    She paused in her assessment. "On second thought, let me rephrase. You have no reason to be afraid. You are a guest, a welcome one. The unwelcomed ones..", she shrugged.

"..they...do not last long. You can be assured that Byron, when crossed, is anything but charming. Aha!" Arabella ran a fingertip over a bottle and gave it a light tap, signifying that she had made a selection. It was removed and taken away to be served to them at their table.

"What is your preference, Michele..?" She said the young lady's name softly, invitingly, enticing her to pick whatever was her fancy.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    Well, I guess I'm grateful for being on the welcomed list. That usually comes with being Fiona's girlfriend. Course, on the other side of the coin, there's those that want to hurt me because I am her girlfriend. Lord knows I've had my share in recent memory.

"Preference?" What the hell's she asking me that for? OOOH! She meant the wine. Idiot. "I'm not really the connoisseur of wine. That's more Fiona's expertise. I kinda just you know ..." I smile stupid, since I sound stupid. All this fancy smancy stuff is way outta my league. "... go with the flow. I'm sure whatever you picked out will be great."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Erin
    Turning her face away, Arabella smiled. She wasn't laughing at Michele, in fact she found her extremely charming. She was so fresh and unsure, it was nice to be around someone not yet jaded and cynical. She kept moving along the rows until she found a wine that seemed distinctively Michele. A blush, with a soft fruit flavour, enhanced with a vanilla undertone. Far different from the deep red, spiced with blackberry and clove that she had chosen for herself.

"We'll start with these. We can always make another selection if they aren't pleasing." She gave the second bottle a tap and then turned around to smile at Michele reassuringly.

"I think we've given them long enough to catch up, yes? Let's go brighten up the somber mood with our esteemed company?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    "I dunno Arabella," I start to say as we make our way up from the wine cellar, "Hopefully we won't be interrupting anything important when we return."

I giggle a little as we get to the top of the stairs. "I guess we'll know by the silence, or lack there of, when we reach the table."

I really liked Arabella a lot. She had a charm about her that put me at ease, plus she didn't think I was stupid with my behavior. Huge bonus points there.

Byron Legard
    “Greta wrote to me recently. She told me that he has taken a... concubine, I suppose would be the word for it. A kine woman.”

Byron frowned. “Needless to say, his people haven't taken well to the idea. The way Greta speaks of it, he spends all of his time doting on her, forgetting that he has a city to govern.”

He paused and reclined, the chair creaking under the pressure. “He is loosing favour among the Primogen...”
    Last edited by Byron Legard; Jan 25th, 2007 at 03:59:21 PM.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona frowned in thought, not noticing Michele and Arabella as they returned ::

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12