Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Quay's Rescue

Jace Keller
    "Well, you know all my bad habits. I drink and smoke, that's how I relax...so please don't ask me to quit, at least not right now." I stated as I thought about wanting a drink and needing a cigarette.

I sighed. "I really could use a smoke, is that possible?"

Argos Ewan
    I looked at Aramis as he looked at me with surprise. "Don't be so surprised. Of coarse I want you to fly the Eclipse. I have faith in you. You'll do just fine. Besides, Nawn and I will be right there by your side should you need us. Just don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. We all need help from time to time and there is nothing wrong with asking for it."

He told me exactly what I wanted to here from him. I slammed my left hand down openly on the table top. "Great! I knew you'd be up for the challenge." I smiled at him as I continued. "Then it is done. Your on your way to discovering new personal horizons son. This is a great day for me."

Aramis Rakai
    "And I as well." I said as I took a drink of my coffee. Things were really looking up, we were on our way to get my mom, I was flying the Eclipse and we had a new female crewmember.

"Oh, I showed Solani to her new room right before you called me up to the bridge. I think, she'll adapt well to her new surroundings." I advised.

Avalon Aquilo
    I nodded my head as he explained his habits. "I understand, but as your doctor I'm going to have to tell you that your going to have to give up the booze. That is unless you want to go through what you just went through with your lungs again. The alcohol will only make it worse the next time though. I’m serious and I’m not kidding about this Jace. Once you’ve had a bout like this with your lungs it will come back on you with a vengeance the next time. So your going to have to quit drinking. With Iskonian’s, we consume way to much alcohol to feel anything from it. Our bodies can’t handle that after having a bout of what you just had. So like it or not your going to have to give it up.”

I shrubbed my shoulders at him as I looked at him. “Sorry but it is the price we pay for being what we are.”

Argos Ewan
    As I sipped my coffee again I looked around and saw one of the crewmembers walking past us. “That is good Lieutenant. I think she will be a great asset to the crew too. I hope she has begun the repairs on our cannons on the Eclipse. I really hope to have everything ready for our mission. I don’t want us to get caught with our pants down again.”

Jace Keller
    I sighed deeply as she told me that I'd have to give up my alcohol consumption. "That's going to be easier said than done, Avalon. Do you realize how long alcohol has been part of my life? Likely forever and I've not been off of it for more than three days at most." I'd already been two days and my body was itching for the foul liquor already.

Avalon Aquilo
    I leaned over and kissed him. As our lips parted I put my forehead against his. "Don't worry. I'll be here for you and help you through it."

I sat up and moved to the edge of the bed and stood up. I walked over to the closet that had his clothes hanging in it. I pulled out the vest to his jacket and reached into the pocket inside it and pulled out a bottle of whiskey. "I think we'll begin right here for starters."

I unscrewed the cap from the bottle as I walked to a nearby sink. Once I got to the sink I tipped the bottle and dumped it into the sink as I looked back at Jace. "I love you Jace."
    Last edited by Avalon Aquilo; Sep 10th, 2006 at 02:24:37 PM.

Jace Keller
    I couldn't explain how it felt at that very moment as I watched the liquid hell being poured out, down the drain. For years, it had been how I survived...it helped me think, feel, react to periless situations. I had depended on it...and now it was leaving me.

Part of me felt sick as it got dumped, I knew what I was in for. Years ago, I had tried to kick the habit to no avail. I could only stand the hell for so long and went back to the peace I felt when that cursed liquid ran through my veins.

"Can't we wait? Just until this mission is over? Tomorrow or even a few more hours I may not be in any shape to help." I told her point blank. "I know how my body yearns for that and I know what I'm in store for...it's already begun."

Avalon Aquilo
    As I looked at him to watch his reactions I also listened to what he was saying.

"You want to wait?" I suddenly opened my fingers from around the bottle and the bottle fell from my hand and crashed into the sink and shattered.

I walked toward Jace as I pointed my finger at him. "Jace, what did I just tell you? Nothing I said sunk into that thick skull of yours did it? Did you like how you've felt over the past couple of days? Do you want more of that and worse?"

I walked over to his bed and lay down next to him and put my arm around his neck and pulled him close to me. "Jace my love, I love you dearly. So don't think for one moment I am trying to be mean to you. I'm only trying to save you all the pain your trying to set yourself up for by putting this off."

I took his body and rolled it over on top of me and kissed him passionately and long as I pulled his body tightly against mine. Once our lips parted I asked, "now would you rather have that bottle or me? Because if you ever have that bottle again, your not going to want anything to do with me. You won't be able to because you'll be in to much pain to even think about me much less care about me. Is that what you want? What you want for us?"
    Last edited by Avalon Aquilo; Sep 10th, 2006 at 07:22:47 PM.

Jace Keller
    When she pulled me close, all my thoughts and feelings of my alcohol addiction ceased.

"I love you, Avalon and I'll wish I'm going to die tomorrow...but, with you here that will be enough." I told her and then kissed her.

Avalon Aquilo
    As he kissed me I felt the world spin away from around me. Nothing mattered to me as he set my spirit flying away from me. I felt my spirit touch the ground again as he pulled his lips from mine. So disappointing, such a let down to have his lips leaving mine. I suddenly began to feel so empty without his passionate touch. "Jace, oh Jace. You make my soul feel so whole," I said as I whispered to him. "I feel so empty without your touch." I took his hand and placed it on my side and squeezed is fingers tightly into my side as my breathing began to speed up with my heartbeat. "Oh Gods, I want you so badly."

Jace Keller
    I felt my own passion burn within me as I heard her words and held her tightly. "Then, I shall love you as never before..." I brought her closer to me and kissed her passionately.

Avalon Aquilo
    As he pulled me tightly against his body and kissed me more passionately the thoughts in my mind began to fog over and my skin felt as if under total bliss.

I quickly began to think the best I could. Where am I. Oh Gods, there is something......what? Something, I'm afraid? Something around me. An intrusion. Gods I can't think. He is spinning my mind out of control. I......must....have ......contol!

Suddenly I pushed my head and body away from Jace as I shook my head. I quickly sat up in the bed and gripped my head with my hands as I labored to breathe. "Oh Gods!"
    Last edited by Avalon Aquilo; Sep 10th, 2006 at 08:21:45 PM.

Jace Keller
    She pulled away from me and sat up. I felt dumbfounded. Had I hurt her? Had I done something to upset her?

I sat up a moment later. "What is it? Did I hurt you?" I asked quietly and touched her arm gently.

Avalon Aquilo
    I looked at Jace and my breathing began to return to me. I then began to realize what had just happened and I began to laugh uncontrollably. The more I laughed the harder it was for me to speak to him. “I ...I...” Again it was getting even harder. “You...you have no.....” I now laughed so hard that I fell onto the bed gripping my sides as I tried to calm down. When I thought I was calmed down enough I tried to speak once more. “When you kissed........kissed me I bega..............” again I went hysterical with laughter. So much so that I fell out of the bed as I laughed even harder. As if I were drunk I looked at Jace and tried to speak once more. “It’s not........not your fault.” I stopped laughing for a moment and got serious for a moment as I looked at him. Suddenly the laughter began to drive up through me again and broke loose from my lips as I began to roll across the floor laughing. “Yes it is!”

Jace Keller
    I gave her an incredulous look. "What are you talking about? And what is sooo funny?" I crossed my arms wondering if it was my fault or not. Was she not pleased with me or what?

Avalon Aquilo
    My sides hurt so badly from laughing. As the tears of happiness run down my cheeks I looked at Jace when I finally contained myself. Half out of breath I tried to talk to him again. "Jace.........I was so out of control."

I threw my arms around his neck. "You drive me crazy!" If you only had any idea of what you do to me."

I looked into his eyes and funny felt an inner calmness. "Jace, it was just that when you touched me like you did, my emotions went wild, Then I began thinking about when Argos walked in on us the last time. It was like two worlds colliding in my mind. It made me so giddy. So much so it was over whelming to me."

"I'm sorry, it is just something you do to me. I love it! I've never felt this way before."

Aramis Rakai
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos Ewan View Post
    As I sipped my coffee again I looked around and saw one of the crewmembers walking past us. “That is good Lieutenant. I think she will be a great asset to the crew too. I hope she has begun the repairs on our cannons on the Eclipse. I really hope to have everything ready for our mission. I don’t want us to get caught with our pants down again.”

"Indeed, Captain. That would be rather bad. I've checked every ship in the hold and they are all ready for departure on your call." I told him confidently.

Jace Keller
    My eyes widened as I stared at her and sniffed. "Really? I thought that was just my feelings about you. I really..." I paused a moment and sneezed.

Once finished I leaned back on my pillows and let out a deep sigh. "I really do that to you?" I asked.

Solani Naleen
    Solani glances around the galley as she enters and glances around. She sees people who she doesn't recognize, but then she spots Aramis and the Captain. A smile crosses her face as she sees them, more because of Aramis then anyone else.

Her smile gets bigger though as she spies the pot of coffee which she makes a beeline for. Upon reaching the pot of coffee, she pours herself a cup and goes to look for a table to sit down at where she's not in the way.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast