Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After Me Comes The Flood

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Ambiguous. Androgynous. Ambidextrous?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    They began to walk, their path in the shade of the hill. The grass was damp with dew, and all around the planet seemed to be coming alive, woodland creatures flitting to and fro out of the corner of their eyes. The cold air was invigorating. Kassandra walked in silence, allowing Fiona some time to awaken fully before she spoke any further.
    Last edited by Kassandra; Oct 4th, 2006 at 12:06:32 PM. Reason: bump

Fiona
    :: Fiona wandered along behind Kassandra, still somewhat lazy, but motivated by hunger. She had many questions, but first things first. She would follow the woman wherever it was she was going ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

When they arrived, the camp was deserted. A small row of tents, damp from the rain, sat squat around a now useless campfire. It looked as if whoever had been using it had left in a hurry. There were clothes scattered here and there, and plates of half eaten food marked were men might have once sat for their dinner. One of the tents was larger than the others and seemed to have been positioned to give it the best vantage over the camp as a whole. Kassandra lead Fiona inside. There was a bed made from pelts and the air was surprisingly warm, musky with faint taste of iron to it.

“Sit,” Kassandra said. Her young ward looked exhausted.
    Last edited by Kassandra; Jan 4th, 2007 at 05:10:06 PM. Reason: ttt

Fiona
    :: Fiona glanced around the camp curiously as she entered the tent, but sat as Kassandra requested. She looked at the older woman with wide brown eyes ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Kneeling in front of her young protège, Kassandra smiled. “Tell me about yourself, Fiona.”

Fiona
    :: Fiona canted her head like a dog ::

"What do you wish to know?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Kassandra's head titled to one side, mirroring Fiona, and her smile grew.

“Tell me... tell me what you want from life.”

Fiona
    :: Her lips fell into a pensive pout ::

"What am I?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

There were so many answers to such a question. In considering her reply, Kassandra recalled her own 'rebirth'. Her mentor had been a man with a penchant for the lyrical, and he had skirted around the truth of her nature for months before finally plainly stating what she was. Thus, she had decided to spare Fiona the same cruel treatment.

“Immortal... ageless. You will live forever, Fiona.”
    Last edited by Kassandra; Jan 1st, 2008 at 03:38:12 PM.

Fiona
    :: Fiona stared in awe again as she reached out to touch Kassandra's face. It was reverence, as though she was touching the face of an exalted being. An angel ::

"H-how???" was all she could speak.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Looking into the girl's eyes, Kassandra felt a swell of pride and power – yet there were some things that even she did not know.

“You can answer that question as well as I.”

Fiona
    :: The thought daunted Fiona, and she gave into her baser instincts as she reached for a piece of bread ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Kassandra watched in silence. It would be many years before Fiona truly understood and excepted what she was. After allowing the girl time to eat, she spoke again, lifting a hand to gently stroke Fiona's hair.

“I can't answer every question, but I will be here to help you through this... confusing time.”

Fiona
    :: Fiona closed her eyes a moment, feeling secure in Kassandra's company. She felt safe. Protected. ::

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12