Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tutorial: Reputation

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    If we decide to keep the system in place, I am sure something will be added to the FAQ, much of which will have to be revised soon, I think. As I think I said earlier, though, the rules which apply to all other areas of the board would apply to this too, by default. If anyone does receive any offensive comments, they (and the staff) will be able to see who they are from and will punish the offender accordingly.

Like s'Ilancy said, it seems like it would be a cool way of showing In Character reputation, or (as I said) a way of letting someone know you enjoyed their post. I have already seen people giving reputation points for this reason, and so far everyone has managed to restrain themselves from doing anything naughty The way I see it, people have had the option to 'flame' one another ever since the private message feature was introduced. People don't exploit that by randomly sending one another offensive messages, so I don't see why this would be any different.

I won't comment on the whole 'popularity contest' issue because while I don't really agree some of the comments made, I know that peoples opinions on the matter aren't likely to be changed.
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Sep 3rd, 2006 at 09:52:12 AM.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    As with anything we do on Fans, it's meant for fun. When things get abused we take it be the reign and punish the offenders. This has nothing to do with a popularity contest ... it's just for fun

We're all friends here for a long time, some of us. I think we know how to behave. I think that fact is important.

For those that don't, or new people that fail to use things properly, it will be taken care of. Course we're still debating possible outcomes, nothing might ever happen! Which would be good. Otherwise, there is the option to get rid of it, tho if only a few people infract upon the system, be a shame to have to get rid of it for the majority that seem to like it.

Blade Bacquin
    I ussually I stand with the people that would say this would be nothing more then a poularity contest. But Oddly enough today I'm going against my normal stance. I like the reputation thingy I think it's a great way to tell my friends I like what there doing and I'm reading there work.

It also helps you to gauge your character a bit IC I mean if as Blade got a allot of Disaproves I for one would be delighted it means I'm being an evil mama jama. If he got to many approves I would have to um turn Jedi or rethink his evilness. lol

Heck even if I don't get any reputation it won't bother me. I can already look at veiw counts and see if anyone cares what I post or if there just ignoring my thread. So if you want to call popularity contest on this rep thing you might as well call it on veiw counts as well it does the same except with the rep thing you get a bit of encouragement with it.

As long as it's used for fun and not a ban-o-meter like some boards I have been to use it for its all cool by me.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    We already have a ban-o-meter in the closet that we pull out and use on special occasions. This looks nothing like it.

Terran Starek
    Ooooo . . . ban-o-meter. I'd like to see it.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Well, you can't. So there.

:mneh

Terran Starek
    Well, Fine! See if I care, LD!

. . .

I do!

Varla
    so let me get this straight. red ones are for villains and green ones are for good characters. That's the way Blade has explained it to me.

Blade Bacquin
    Not really exactly how I was trying to teach it to you cause well I'm not the best teacher int he world but thats how I use it for my own personal self.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    That sounds about right

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Four years later and the reputation system has DESTROYED THE MORAL FOUNDATION OF SW FANS DOT NET

Oh no wait :mneh

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    But... it did!

Actually, the whole rep thing I couldn't really care less about, I wonder if anyone really pays any attention to it at all. In time, I warmed to it because it allows roleplayers to let others know they like their writing and their work with a character.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I still don't really understand what all the numbers are next to peoples "Rep Power" but I like seeing people giving eachother little messages saying how much they enjoyed a roleplaying post, or how useful they found someones advice

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123