Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Retreat From Pain

Solani Naleen
    Solani's eyes immediately spot the two newcomers in the bar. Dressed as nice as they were, they were not hard to spot. Those two are here for business which suits her just fine. Grabbing her beer, the cheapest drink on the menu, she walks over to the two newcomers and seats herself down next to the younger man.

"Hope you don't mind me joining you?"

She asks casually before she takes a sip of her beer.

Aramis Rakai
    The young lady took me by surprise as she sat down next to me. I instinctively scooted over to give her room, but not before I got a good whiff of her hair. Clean, freshly shampooed...it was nice.

"Not at all." I said calmly as took the cigarette and put it out. "What brings a young lady like yourself to an establishment like this?" Could she be one of the few that Keller sent?

Argos Ewan
    I could now see this intrusion didn't seem to be what we were looking for. "Excuse me miss. We are expecting some visitors that we are waiting on." I reached into my vestment pocket and pulled out a credit. I flipped the credit onto the table in front of the woman and then waved my hand toward the bar. "If you'll please, we would like to attend to our business here."

Jace Keller
    His dark hair hung loosely into his eyes as he entered the establishment. His eyes were bloodshot and his head was pounding. Sweat covered his brow as he shook with chills beneath the dark brown cloak he wore.

Jace Keller coughed as he saw the very people he wanted to see, in the back. He made his way there as he heard the Captain talk to the pretty young lady sitting by young Aramis.

"Dismissing such a pretty thing, Captain? Let our young Lieutenant keep the young lady company, while I talk a bit?" His voice was deep with congestion as he coughed.

Argos Ewan
    I got up from the booth and looked at Aramis. "I'll be right back. We're just going over here," I said as I pointed to a nearby booth.

I put my hand onto my brother's shoulder and pointed toward the other booth nearby. "Let's sit down over here." As I walked toward the booth I could feel the warmth from my brother's body. "Your not looking very well. What is wrong?" I stood and waited for him to sit down as I looked around the pub to see if anyone was paying any attention to us.

Jace Keller
    "Nothing a little whiskey won't cure." Came the reply as his ailing figure nearly fell into the booth. Jace straightened and coughed deeply into his fist, after calming he brought out a tankard and drank deeply, then coughed again.

Once quieted, Jace looked at his older brother from beneath his hood. "I have the coordinates for that ship you're seeking." Jace shook with chills and had to lock his jaw to keep his teeth from chattering. He hated being sick!

Argos Ewan
    I always hated it when my brother drank. Even as good as he was I could never understand how he ever kept his head clear to even think when he was drinking.

I leaned across the table and whispered to him. "So tell me, where is the Lynx at? How long has it been where it is at?"

Jace Keller
    "It's in the Mid-Rim in a system called Abhean and has been there for the past week. This system is known for it's orbital shipyards and some of the best ships ever made were created there." He coughed again and tried to clear his throat.

"My opinion on this is, they are making upgrades to that ship and waiting. Brother, I know what she meant to you...but, I fear if you go there...that is where the Eclipse Raiders will die."

Jace leaned back and removed his hood, his hair was soaked beneath as he ran a hand through it to get it out of his face. His Iskonian pointed ears barely shown through the heavy tuffs he had. Jace was an informat, he knew where to get the information he needed. It was a skill he'd honed in on and one that would put a deathmark on his head if he were ever to be discovered. The 176 year-old Iskonian, went to great lengths to help his brother in any way he possibly could and to keep him safe, the Ishonian changed his name. If he were caught, Argos would be safe he would make sure of it.

Jace put his head in his hands for a moment to ease the pain he felt. A moment later, he pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it, coughing deeply after the initial draw.

Argos Ewan
    "The Abhean Shipyards huh," I asked as I leaned back onto my seat. "I'm familiar with those shipyards. It's the very ones that the Chu'unthor was built at in 500 BBY." Knowing what I knew I smiled at my brother. "Yeah, that was a powerful ship like many that have come out of there. However while there, they are vunurable. As vunerable as a Wam-bats without teeth and wings."

Jace Keller
    He flicked away some ash before taking another draw. He blew it out with a cough. "Damn things!" He muttered sickly.

Jace looked at his brother. "If you are truly pent up on going after that ship, I'm with you..." He went into a coughing fit, panting afterwards.

"But...I'm afraid, I need rest...been too long in this damn city, the cold air has done a number on the lungs..." Another deep cough.

Jace just wanted to sleep, it had been far too long going on one hour here and there. It had finally caught up with him. "We haven't lost anymore crew?"

Argos Ewan
    I watched as I saw Jace about to over extend his limits and knew just how he felt. I had been there several times myself. "We do need one or two more to get on board. If we have to do it with what we have we can though. I hate doing anything short handed. Using you as an addition will help though. I know you'll help out quite a bit once your rested."

I looked Jace straight in the eyes, "Jace, get to the Eclipse's Aid Station and get yourself looked at. After that get your rest." I reached over and put my hand onto his shoulder. "I mean rest......no booze." I took my hand from his shoulder and reached over and took his bottle from him. I set the bottle at the far end of the table away from him. "I want you straightened out and conscious for this mission. Your no good for the type of mission we'll be experiencing like you are right now."

I leaned back and smiled at him. "I'll have your ship put into our fighter bay. Meanwhile, you get yourself rested for a fight. I still have your old quarters reserved for you. So use it."

Jace Keller
    Jace nodded as he placed the hood back over his sweat-soaked head. He wasn't drunk, but he didn't argue with his brohter. Jace respected his brother more than anyone and he would never do anything to put a mission in jeopardy. He too, was present as they knew Quay'Na had been left behind.

Jace stood and then placed a hand on Argos' shoulder. "We will find her, Argos. I've done my damndest to do everything in my power to find that ship for you..." He coughed, then straightened.

"I won't let you down again." Jace said with regret in his voice. He felt to blame for their loss, he was the one who got the information...decoy information and he'd never let himself rest after that horrible mistake.

He turned to leave and stopped, he looked back at his brother. "And just for the record, I'm not drunk...just utterly sick." Jace walked away a moment later, coughing the whole way.

Argos Ewan
    I listened to my brother as he spoke to me. He quickly walked away before I could say anything to him. I knew it wasn't his fault what happened to Quay'Na. In fact it wasn't anyone's fault that this even happened. I knew nobody could help it that the raid was a sucker punch to us. One that taught me a much needed lesson, a very costly one in my book. None the less I knew that the next time I saw Jace I was going to have to explain this to him. It just wasn't his fault and he doesn't deserve to carry the burden that it was.

As I watched Jace walk out of the pub I turned my attention back to Aramis. I stepped back to our booth and the young lady was still there with him. I sat down and looked at the young woman, "your still here? What do you want?"

Aramis Rakai
    We really hadn't gotten past much besides the drinks we were having and the weather, I on the other hand was too busy trying to figure out what Keller wanted with the Captain. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't read their lips, especially since Jace had his hood up and his back to me.

Jace looked horrible, it was the worst I think I'd ever seen him and I'd seen him in some pretty bad times over the years. Jace had been into everything at one time or another. He drank, smoked and had even had bouts with drugs from time to time. But, over all he was a good guy and it seemed he always was on the move. I heard at one time their was a price on his head, but that was just some of the guys trying to scare me.

If I ever needed anyone on my back, besides the Captain, it would definitely be Jace.

I looked at the Captain who looked agitated about the female and diverted the question with another question.

"Is he going to be alright, Captain? He looked dreadful."

Argos Ewan
    "Yeah he'll be fine. He's just a little tired," I replied to Aramis as I continued looking at the woman next to him.

I still hadn't gotten a reply from this woman and I really wanted to know what she had in mind. "I believe I asked you a question. Is there something you wanted?"

Jace Keller
    Jace had to stop and rest outside. His lungs were burning and his throat was on fire, it took everything he had to just to remain upright. He slowly pressed some buttons on the 'watch' he had on his wrist and it gave him coordinates to the Eclipse. No one else knew about this special timepiece, but Argos. In anyone elses hands, it merely would not work.

He finally made it to the ship and used the same 'timepiece' to open the hatch and let himself in. Dizzily, he made his way down the corridor.

"Hey, Keller! You're back!" Came a happy yell from down the corridor. "Hey, man you don't look so good."

"I..." The corridor was beginning to spin before his eyes. "I don't feel so good..." Before he could say anything more the ground came up to greet him and then darkness.

OOC: Hint, the hatch is open...perfect timing for a stowaway....as they are taking care of Jace....

Za'in
    "What? Not gonzo..."

Indictment nuzzled in the depths of Elijawn's two bronze orbs. The copper pair spared no room as the damp floods kept his features bleak and disturbed. Even his toned had been attuned for despair. The alluring slant of his contort eyes sharpened as he started at his pull pockets. Snag of his fingers yanked at the insides, exposing the lint. The particles toppled to the floor under his hopeless view. No comedy settled in his face. All the humor sunk in the vacuum of his troubled heart as he leaned against the wall for refugee of his faltering legs.

The day had been bleak. Comeback had finally found him after his theft, haggles and free bargains throughout the city. During his trade he bumped into a stylish scum that kept a nice blaster tucked away behind his coat. Only a moment consumed his might, and all things altered. There wasn't an item to his name beside the attire in his bag slung over his back. Not that the bag was much to claim. It was no more than a piece of old Dewback cloth, embroiled and formed nearly four centuries previous.

Anguish captured his life in it's grasp, and was too selfish to let him go. He wanted Elijawn all to his own. Trampled by the affects, he linger at the wall for more than a moment, hoping that something could warrant his interest. Intrigue dangled over step by step as a few woman went past, but he had no place. Still he was a child amidst men, and not a single eye was sent his way without a gracious smile.

The smiles weren't lovely though. They were demeaning smiles, ones necessary to keep strangers intact. Felt like he would never gain the respect he rightfully deserved...or at least he wished for. Every anticipation had faulted. Even simple missions back with Raurn had twisted somehow, leaving their pockets at a dwindle. The past few years just didn't like him one bit.

"Kriff!"

Contempt propelled the youth off the wall. Turmoil tirade his soles, sending him into a stomp as he passed through the halls. Trot after trot led him astray through the array of people. Ocean of flesh and beings pressed against his being as he ran against the tide. No longer would he surf the roam of destruction, he simply would take it in. There was always the slight chance to emerge victor to the overwhelming odds.

Then, it hit him. In eye shot came a large ship. Pasted a top a landing bay, with it's hatch awaiting his arrival he sped. Soon he would be home...or at least a new home. Anything was better than Cloud City, where limitations had already had been met. There was no room for growth when the clouds were the limit.

"Astral!"

Solani Naleen
    Solani looks at the man who asked her a question and kept quiet for a moment. Only after he asked again did she respond.

"In short Captain, I'm looking for employment and I had heard that you and the Lieutenant here were looking to hire."

Leaning back, she looks carefree as she keeps her gaze leveled on the Captain.

Argos Ewan
    "Indeed," I replied as I raised an eyebrow. I leaned foreword and placed My left arm upon the table. With my right hand I reached down and took a hold of my blaster and kept it beneath the table top.

"If I WERE interested in employing anyone, what kind of service could I possibly expect from you?" I must be cautious with this one. Already she has proven that she could be something that she isn't. I only hope Aramis isn't foolish enough to oversee this.

Suddenly I felt a nudge upon my wristband on my left wrist and glanced at the mild indicator light that was concealed by my skin as it blinked twice and then went off and remained off. Someone has entered the Eclipse that didn't have any clearance to do so. I will have to investigate this when I return to the ship. Right now I am curious about this one.

Jace Keller
    Jace was taken to the Med bay by two of his shipmates, Reeves and Gideon. A short time later, Gideon closed the hatch.

"I'll alert the Captain, he'll probably want to know what's going on and that Keller got back." He told his friend.

Reeves nodded. "Alright, I'll go back with Keller and see if he's going to wake up."

"Aye!" Gideon answered as he took his comlink out and contacted the Captain. "Captain, this is Gideon do you read me?"

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast