Thread: Retreat From Pain

Hybrid View

Argos Ewan

Retreat From Pain

The Eclipse began it’s decent into the atmosphere of the Bespin Colony as Captain Ewan looked over his Navigation system as he viewed the maps showing the Cloud City map.

“Where to land,” I thought as I looked over the map. “There, level 122. Ship repairs can be done there and it’ll give the crew time to catch their breath. The Lynx turned out to be much more than we expected.”

I shook my head as I continued to think as I looked over at Lieutenant Rakai who had become like a son to me. He was only in his position temporarily due to his mother’s capture who was in his position before she was captured during the raid upon the Lynx.

"Six weeks ago, how could it have gone so badly? I should have seen what was about to happen? How could I have allowed my own love to ever get into such a position. It won’t happen again!”

I keyed in the entry for the ships landing and opened the connection for Cloud City Control. “CCC, this is Corvette ship Eclipse. Requesting landing upon level 122, please reply.”

After a moment the Cloud City Control replied, “Eclipse, this is Cloud City Control. You are cleared for landing on level 122 docking bay 734C.”

"Docking bay 734C understood,” I replied as I reached over and shut off the connection.

I looked back at my Lieutenant and put my hand upon his shoulder. “Have faith. Your mother’s apprehension isn’t going unanswered.” I reached over and flipped a couple of the ships controls. “It's just that right now we have to lick our wounds and do some repairs. I would rather die than to loose her. If nothing better happens you are my responsibility. So you are not alone, ever.”
    Last edited by Argos Ewan; Sep 7th, 2006 at 07:21:34 PM. Reason: Thread complete