Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Help Wanted

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani

[WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Help Wanted

The sun is beating down rather harshly today but since it's winter, I'll take it. Yummy heat. Only bad thing is I forgot my sunglasses at home so I have to squint to see if I got the address right. 2548 N. Halstead. Yep it's right but Kingston Mines? Why was that name familiar?

Eh. I shrug and walk on in.

Mrs. Ceffalio was kinda enough to direct me to a place that was hiring since I wanted to work during my winter break. She was rather strange about the whole thing and said she'd take care of everything. 'Just talk to the Boss,' she insisted. So, I had an interview at 3pm. I was fifteen minutes early because showing punctuality is always a bonus.

Place wasn't really hopping but there were a couple of servers cleaning up the tables for the inevitable rush. I walk over to the young man and smile. "Hi. I'm Michele Hawkins and have an interview today."

“Oh yeah, the boss should be down any minute.” He nodded to a table. “Have a seat.”

”Thanks.” I slide into my chair and try to keep my jittery leg under control. This is the first time I’m looking for a job and really didn’t know how to dress. My clothes are crap but I found a decent pair of black jeans and a red sweater to look somewhat presentable.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona walked up behind Michele and took a seat next to her ::

"Good afternoon, Michele Hawkins."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    "Fiona?" I sat back in visible shock. I haven't seen her since the recital last week and now she's sitting right next to me. What the hell was she doing here?

Fiona Devlin
    "Aye."

:: She turned in her chair and set a bottle of Goose Island Nut Brown Ale on the table ::

"Are you here about the job?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Um, yeah." I'm still taken aback that she's here, so it took me a few minutes to process the fact she knew I had an interview.

"Wait." My eyes narrow as it finally clicks. "This is your place?"

Mrs. Ceffalio strikes again.

Fiona Devlin
    "Aye, it is."

:: She grinned proudly and sipped her beer ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "I had no idea." Well, Fiona's at least 21 years old considering she's drinking, but she also owns a business. Boggle. Maybe she inherited it.

"Mrs. Ceffalio didn't tell me it was you looking for help either." I have a wry smile on my face now. "Are you two conspiring against me or something?'

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona managed to swallow and laugh without choking ::

"The doors open at eight o'clock. The music starts at nine thirty, all night long until four ... five on Saturdays. Since you have school, I'll let you go at Midnight."

:: She paused to take another sip ::

"I'll pay you eight bucks an hour, not including tips. Are you interested?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Wait! Just like that you're hiring me?" I was dumbfounded. "No interview like asking if I've had experience, which I have none by the way."

Fiona Devlin
    "I'm one hand short, so I really need someone starting tomorrow night. I'll show you the ropes myself."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I shake my head to break outta my daze. I can't believe it was this easy. "Um, okay. I just hope I don't mess up too badly."

I feel my eye twitch and I mentally slap myself silly. Ack! Why did I say that? Worse thing to say to a new boss.

Fiona Devlin
    "Don't be silly, you'll do fine."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I chuckle. "Well, I learn quickly so I have that going for me. So ..." My eyes wander around as I think for something to say. Fiona always makes me nervous and now I'm gonna work with her. This is very bizarre but where can I find a job this quickly and start right away? Winter break will be gone before I know it.

" ... Guess you need my contact information to get things started?"

Fiona Devlin
    "I'll go get you an application. Would you like a drink?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "You have anything hot?" I shiver as my body realizes just how cold it is outside.

Fiona Devlin
    "Cider or Coffee?" she asked, returning with the application.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Never had cider, so coffee?" I smile up at her as I take the application and start filling it out.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona scampered back behind the bar to fix Michele a cup of joe ::

"Would you like a shot of irish creme in this?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My head shoots up as if Fiona is crazy. Well, she is. But more so right now. "Um, bad idea. Not legal yet."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona touched her hand to her head and looked like an indian scout as she scanned the club, then shrugged and set the irish creme aside. A moment later she came back to the table, trading the coffee for the application ::

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast