Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend of the Millennia

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    "Oh please." I wave away that notion as if it were despicable and pop another shrimp into my mouth. "Snooping is when you don't know I'm doing it."

I beam. “Which is not the case anymore.”

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona nodded, then pranced off down the hall to the study again ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    I turn my head, narrowing my eyes till I see a fuzzy frolicking Fiona. I know that walk. She's up to something!

"Hey wait!" I bolt outta my chair and catch up just as she disappeared into her study. I look about the room with a critical eye. Everything seems in order.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Taking a strategic backwards step, Fiona sat down on one of the boxes and looked innocent ::

"What?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Nuh uh." I shoo her further back with my hand. "Step away from the box nice and slowly Miss. Devlin."

I peek down at it and snatch the box cutter. "What's in it?"

Fiona Devlin
    "It's nothing. Just some old records. Very boring. Really."

:: Fiona fidgeted as Michele held her ground ::

"Oh Come On!!! You Don't Want To Start With This Box!!!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Well, I was going to put the box cutter down but now you've really convinced me that this box needs to be opened." Oh Fiona. You should know better! The more insistent you get, the more I need to do it!

The box opens with a perfect grated slice. I set the cutter down and pull out some old videos from Solid Gold and American Bandstand.

"Oh hell no." I dig further and pull out a photo album that had professional and candid pictures of Fiona with Olivia Newton John??? I quickly grab one of the records and flip it over, scanning for a familiar Irishwoman.

Fiona Welch. Backup singer.

I bust out laughing. “Oh You Did Not!!!”

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona's cheeks puffed and she groaned ::

"Oh Just Cut My Head Off Already!!!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I click my tongue and roll my eyes. "No needing to become a drama queen. We haven't unpacked the stereo equipment yet. Kinda hard to play any of this stuff without it."

The truth to why I spared her is because as funny as this would be, I'm more interested in Fiona's earlier years before she became an Immortal. Disco Diva can wait.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona sits down and browses through the photo album with a big grin ::

"We had some great times." she murmured outloud, flipping the pages.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Why do you do things so reckless like that anyway?" I sit on the edge of the desk and lean over to look at the pictures as well. "Being photographed, taped and recorded? I mean seriously. One day someone's gonna put two and two together."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona looked up ::

" I wasn't looking for fame and fortune. I just did it for fun. I doubt anyone still remembers me in the grand scheme of things anyway."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "You're missing my point. They might not remember you but if someone gets curious, you've left a helluva paper trail darling."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona rolled her eyes ::

"It's been over twenty years and no one's come knocking. I think people are more concerned with Elvis sightings."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Elvis sightings?" I'm taken aback by that. The way Fiona said it was almost as if she meant that he was a ... I mean, ya know? But no! He couldn't be.

Fiona Devlin
    "I can't say I really know for sure."

:: Fiona laughed and stood up ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Great. Another great mystery never to be answered.

"Okay, but I still have a point. Some people have long memories and they might just remember meeting you once upon a time one day."

Fiona Devlin
    "Okay, okay, I get it."

:: she held her hands up in surrender ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I beam. My concerns aren't to control Fiona. She can do what she wants; I just worry about her, which is funny when you think about it. She's over one thousand years old and I'm worried about her? Love is a funny thing. After my antics with Balan, she should still be worrying over me! Hell, I'm still nineteen! I'm a spec of an Immortal when you think about it.

"Well, thanks for understanding my concerns." I look around greedily. Speaking of a thousand years, I had a lot of reading to do. "Would you mind if I start at the beginning?"

I look at her in all seriousness. "I want to know what the world was like before you were an Immortal."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona shuffled her feet ::

"Well, I didn't actually learn to read and write until much later."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast