Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Girlfriend of the Millennia

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I groan inwardly and as we enter the supermarket, I lean over and whisper into Fiona's ear. "I swear I need to make a list of who hasn't seen you naked! It would be much easier!"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona burst into a giggling fit, frightening the poor old woman in front of them ::

"Oh I'm terribly sorry!!!"

Old Woman - "What's so funny???"

Fiona - "Nothing!!! I swear!!! It's nothing!!!

:: The woman gave a very sour look as Fiona patted her the shoulder and apologized. Fiona's cheeks puffed as she looked at Michele, then she staggered away in another fit of mirth towards the bakery department. The old woman grumbled and huffed her way out the door ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    Sigh. I can't take her anywhere can I?

I grab a cart and chase after my girlfriend, wondering if she was laughing just because I made a really good funny, or the fact that it was true

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona turned and held up a loaf for Michele to see ::

"Sun-dried tomato bread."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I curl my nose. "Someone daft must've invented that. But you know me. I'll try anything once."

Fiona Devlin
    "Daft???"

:: Fiona blinked, before falling into a perfect california valley girl accent ::

"Oh my god!!! Michie!!! That is like, so U.K.!!!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My eyes narrow as I push the cart into her stomach. "I do not talk like that!"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona dodged with a grin and scampered down the next aisle, hopping back and forth to fill up the the cart as Michele followed along. The last thing she picked up was a large flower basket ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    As usual, I follow along at a steady pace. Most people hate shopping but I don't mind it at all. All I have to do is walk around pushing a cart. How hard is that?

Course, when she brings back a flower basket, I grow curious as to why we need that. "What's that for?"

Fiona Devlin
    "It's for someone very special."

:: Next they were off to the cemetary, and Fiona stepped out of the car and waited for Michele at the gate ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    It took me awhile to figure out where we're going, but I soon realize we're headed to Oak Woods Cemetery. I don't say anything because once again my girlfriend has shocked the hell outta me. I mean, I always come here on holidays and the anniversary of her death, or sometimes when I'm just missing her. Yeah, I still do even at 19 ... Just why did Fiona wanna go there today? One thing that isn't confusing is that after I learned she and Brigid saved me from that Black Spiral, it doesn't surprise me she knew where mom was buried.

So when we pull up, I hang back to collect my thoughts because usually I prepare myself before heading on in. I take my mental five minutes and then open the door. My darling waited patiently for me and I gave her a reassuring smile that I was all right before we went inside.

I lead the way down the cement road until old Rebecca McAthy's headstone came into view on the left. She was my marker before I could memorize the path to see mom. I pat the headstone outta respect since she was my guide for a long time. Heading down the grass, four rows back and to the right would be where mom was laid to rest.

Right away I go to my knees beside the headstone and begin to trace what's engraved on it as my eyes begin to swell.

Amanda Hawkins
    Beloved Mother
    1970-1993

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona knelt beside Michele, setting the flowers upon the grave and prayed softly in the gaelic tongue as she took Michele's hand ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I rest my head on her shoulder when she's done praying. "Thanks for bringing me here today."

Fiona Devlin
    :: She kissed Michele on the head ::

"I've had flowers sent here, everyday since I set this place aside for her."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Wait. What?!" I sniff and look at her in astonishment. "You? All this time?"

I blink and my mouth hangs open. I honestly don't know what to say. I'm floored. I always thought that someone in my family that wanted to remain anonymous took care of mom!

Fiona Devlin
    "Aye." she nodded. "I can't say that I knew her, but she deserved a proper resting place."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I look back at the headstone, having much more appreciation for Fiona then I ever had before. "I think she would've liked you. Alot."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345