Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football

Oh okay, it might have been him. I had no idea who was and nobody ever took credit for his team. So, we don't know about him, and Mu hasn't been on the board in a long time, and last time she came in at the last moment. I still think Fig will join, I don't know about JMK. CMJ was pushed into it by Jedieb last year.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I think it would be great to limit this to active managers who know a bit about football (haha, if I can be counted as such). Of course if someone who never done this before WANTS to play, I am cool with that too

I sent Figrin a PM about this the other day, not sure if he is busy or what, but no reply yet. He plays a lot of WoW these days, and I assume he is busy with real life and work. You could try sending him a message as well.

I sent him one last week, he might join when we get closer. I have bad news about JMK he won't be joining and I understand in his case. We just need 8, if worse comes to worse I will just post a thread in General discussions 2 weeks before the draft.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

I could always throw a thread out at TRF. I did that last year and it nabbed one or two more people to even things out a bit.

Sure go right ahead and link it to here.

sirdizzy
    hey nothing wrong with the bannees the year i was won the swfans.net fantasy football championship I was banned

maybe we should ban me again for a couple of days for good luck

and I might not make the draft if its on the 27th, we were thinking of going to vegas for my birthday, my wife said she'd buy me a lap dance (how sweet huh). Plus I married younger and she turns 21 on the 20th so this will be her first adult visit to sin city.

heh well if he joined I wouldn't stop him. As for the draft, yeah sorry about that, everybody was like 27th, except for you. It be a shame if you can't, but I understand, I am sure you would enjoy Las Vegas more

So we still need one more member. I am still hoping Fig joins. If all else fails I have a friend I could ask to join. Anybody have any other suggeestions? I suppose I could ask Mu.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

General Discussion.

Well Mu just joined, so we have 8 for sure

SW-Fans.Net Poster

So... few.

Well 8 was the mininium that I wanted. I am going to wait to see if Fig joins. If he does than I will invite my friend and we will have 10. I don't think we need more than that. We had 12 last year.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Originally posted by sirdizzy
    Plus I married younger and she turns 21 on the 20th...
    Craddle robber!

sirdizzy
    well my first draft is in the books and I was surprised by some of the fallouts, like I picked up Domnick Rhodes (indy's new starting back) in the 8th round and I got LaDainian Tomlinson and Julius Jones to go with him. I picked up Mike Bell in the 13th round when the pickings were pretty slim and I was willing to take a gamble on him rather than pick up a #3 reciever vieing for a few catchers here and there. Little worried about my recievers as I did get Moss and hopefully he will bounce back but after that its Javon Walker, Drew Bennett (who did nothing but screw me last year), and my only solid reciever in Plaxico Burress. Got Brees and Plummer for QB, miami and NE for defenses.

I was the first to work the waiver wire after the draft too, I dropped my extra kicker and picked up ashlie lelie not because of a broncos fantatcism because he will never catch a pass as a bronco again but because the Bears a team devoid of any big recievers is trying to work a trade for him

Lelie is useless as a bronco but would be a nice pick up as a bear, if the trade falls through I can always cut him and pick my kicker back up

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Been rather busy, as you all probably suspected. If there is room yet, I wouldn't mind joining the league again this year. If not, it's not a big deal.

Hi, I completely understand being busy. We can make room, I have a way to get another player in, so go ahead and join. I have a plan B if that fails so I can get a 10th player without a problem.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Excellent, were ready to go. Welcome Figrin

well my first draft is in the books and I was surprised by some of the fallouts
    I also had a couple drafts and one comming up on sunday. In total I am signed up for 4 free yahoo leagues and one fantasy plus. So far I have drafted in a 12 team and a 20 team league.

20 man league (w/ defensive players)
    1QB, 2WR, 1RB, 1TE, 1W/T, 1W/R, 1K, 1DEF, 2D, 2DB, 2DL, 8BN
    QB: B. Favre, C. Simms
    RB: T. Barber (first round pick), W. McGahee, C. Brown
    WR: Ro. Williams, E. Kennison, A. Toomer, J. McCareins, B. Engram (value pick!)
    TE: B. Franks (ugh, better trade him)
    K: M. Nugent
    DEF: Buffalo, San Diego

As you can see, my drafting strategy focused heavily on picking offensive players. I figure they score more points and are good trade bait. Im not even going to embarass myself posting the defensive players, they suck..

In the second draft, I mistook the date, and it drafted on auto. It still went ok though, I think..

12 man league
    1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1W/R, 1K, 1DEF, 7BEN
    QB: K. Warner, B. Johnson
    WR: T. Holt, A. Boldin, T. Houshmandzadeh, T. Glenn
    RB: E. James, D. McAllister, L. Maroney, D. Rhodes
    TE: J. Shockey, B. Troupe
    K: J. Feely, J. Hanson
    DEF: Denver, Detroit

What do you think of my teams?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

You have bad QB situation with Warner and Johnson. No youth.

1. (10) S. Jackson RB
    2. (11) M. Harrison WR
    3. (30) K. Jones RB
    4. (31) Sa. Moss WR
    5. (50) J. Delhomme QB
    6. (51) C. Taylor RB
    7. (70) L. Smith TE
    8. (71) Baltimore DEF
    9. (90) V. Davis TE
    10. (91) C. Simms QB
    11. (110) Atlanta DEF
    12. (111) K. Curtis WR
    13. (130) J. Jurevicius WR
    14. (131) D. Williams RB
    15. (150) D. Brees QB

That was from my 10 team-15 round league this morning. I need to trade for a WR.

sirdizzy
    Brees went in round 15, I think he a more valuable pick that Simms who you took in round 10. You are very light at WR your right but you could aslo use a RB. Taking a defense before your QB thats sticking your neck out and don't you need a kicker.

sirdizzy
    I picked 2nd and Alexander went first, I took LT over Larry Johnson who I believe is going to get hurt and be out my midseason.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast