Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football

Sports Fantasy Football

I know it is early but I figure I start a thread on this to get ideas out about the league. One thing I know I need to limit the bench because that was terrible idea on my part last time. What number should I put at ? Any other suggestions and I am willing to listen to them.
    Last edited by TheHolo.Net; Sep 2nd, 2006 at 09:15:29 AM. Reason: Added topic tag.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

But now how can I brag about drafting Stephen Davis in the 25th round?!?!

League format was overall pretty good. Live draft was great. I'd cap the bench between 12 and 15 rounds.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Yay! I'm in. And that's a good bench size, I'd say.

Originally posted by Ryan Pode
    But now how can I brag about drafting Stephen Davis in the 25th round?!?!

League format was overall pretty good. Live draft was great. I'd cap the bench between 12 and 15 rounds.

I think the rules were fine. Have to just lower the bench like you say.

I went ahead and set it up here is the information
    http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/85490
    League ID: 85490
    password vader12

I set the Draft for August 11 at 6:15 for right now but I might change that, depending on what everybody thinks.

I am going to sticky this so we don't lose it between now and the draft.

jjwr
    If we are doing team defenses like in the past then the Bench should definetly be smaller, there aren't that many live positions. You should have enough bench for one solid backup at each spot and then a few floaters.

I went with the default which is 6, I think last year we had 15 for the bench. I could go with less if you think we should.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

I think the bench should be between 8-10. I also think the draft should be September 2nd. It's the Sunday before the season and there is no game that day. It's also a Sunday so more people are off.

I don't like cutting it that close as for the draft. Fridays is really the best day for me, but I could do it other days if I have notice. As for bench, I like more people to weight in on that before I make any decision.

sirdizzy
    bench was a monstrosity last year, and it killed any free agency movings what so ever

Well its at 6 right now, so that won't be a problem this year if we keep it there. Also I am willing to put the draft time up for a vote. I picked Friday mainly because we have done it the last two years on Friday, but if you guys prefer to do it on Sunday or someother day let me know.

sirdizzy
    i vote for sunday, i have to work every friday night

Have to agree on which sunday, I would say do it in August here on the sundays in August. I would like every league member to vote on this 6, 13, 20,27. I personally would favor either the 13th or 20th, but I could work with the other two. I will hold on my vote until more people pick a date. Also we need to make sure we have an even amount of members if we continue with head to head scoring. Can't do odd members at all. If we get to that point, I can try to talk somebody into playing, I think though.

sirdizzy
    i'll go with the 13th, the 20th is my fiancess birthday and the 27th is mine

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

13th works for me, as of now. So long as it's after 4 pm, EST, if my current work schedule stays the same for the entire summer.

After 4 will be fine with me maybe 5 or 6. We will see about that though once we get more people to join up. Right now we have 4 members and Yog hasn't voted yet. I figure Jedieb, jjwr and Fig will all sign up. There might be a few more too, but I am not sure who else off hand.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Personally, I'd like 20th or 27th, ya know, to see how people play in preseason games.

Well nothing is set yet, I want to see what the other owners want to do.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Originally posted by Ryan Pode
    Personally, I'd like 20th or 27th, ya know, to see how people play in preseason games.
    Agreed.

Its 2-2 right now then, but we will have to wait a while to decided it. I figure it will be mid July before most of the others join.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast