Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Air on the G String (complete)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

love me love me, pretend that you love me
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Holly
    "Not since I left college." Sansa returned to the sofa and began replacing her violin in it's case. "I've begun teaching Victoria the basics, as well. I don't think that I am well suited for teaching, though, at least not past the first few levels. There are just so many others with more talent."

She flushed, and busied herself with her teacup.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'm a monster. I'd really hate myself if I didn't just look so damn good.
    AKA
    Jenny
    “Don't be so hard on yourself. You have talent, all you need is some further tutoring.”

It crossed my mind to offer the prospect of Viktoria Mullova as a potential instructor, yet I bit my tongue. I had no way of guaranteeing such an internship. I was merely getting carried away with the idea of pleasing her, by opening avenues that I only had access to. Never the less, I stored the thought away for later consideration. If I could not acquire the talents of a virtuoso with which to mold her, I was sure to know another who could do an equally upstanding job.

“I suppose I am rather privileged to have heard you, then?” I asked, then adding with a smile: “I feel honored.”

Perhaps it was a sign of her growing trust that she had been willing to expose herself as such.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Well, you should." Sansa smiled, setting her teacup down once more. "And a private audience, no less." She grinned, looking around the room.

"Your place is great." She looked sideways at her host, adding, "I'm making a mental note to never allow you to see the inside of my flat."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I feigned a sigh, obviously in jest. “And here I was looking forward to receiving another performance, in the very home of the artiste herself.”

I followed Sansa's eyes, taking in the apartment. I had a cleaner to ensure it's upkeep, of course, though I took care of the more delicate jobs myself – namely the care of those items whose value was perhaps greater than the value of the apartment itself.

“You said you go out clubbing. I haven't been out in an age... I feel old!”

I stretched, laughed somewhat and cast my mind back to the last time that I'd ventured out into the haze of London's nightlife. Doubtlessly it was before Sansa had been born.

“Is there anywhere you'd recommend?”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She considered the question for a moment. "Emilie likes the Batcave. Its a good mix of all sorts of people, and the music is decent. Great bar, too." Sansa folded her hands in her lap and twiddled her fingers.

"I'm not too into the club scene but I love dancing. I was always in music lessons, but I would have loved to be in dance class too. The parents said I had to pick one, and the violin won out."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I forced a small smile at the mention of The Batcave, as if to appear curious. I knew of the establishment by way of reputation. The idea of Sansa frequenting such a place was rather surprising. I wondered if she had heard the news of the recent fight that had taken place there, a brawl rumored to have been instigated by Sabbat. I pushed such thoughts away from my mind for the time being, however. I had company to enjoy, and to brazenly ask: “Dancing, hmm... will that be another performance that I have to look forward to?”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She blushed fiercely at the question, but shrugged coyly. "Maaaybe..." Sansa laughed, "I haven't been out in a while though, I'm bound to be a bit rusty."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Hm. That's something we can change quite easily, now, isn't it?”

There was something incredibly satisfying about making her blush, perhaps all down to the fact that it was a sign of the hot blood that coursed through her veins. On a less crude note, it showed how her guard continued to slip, as she became further accustomed – if not at ease – with me. Breaking eye-contact only briefly, I noticed that her tea was all but gone and decided to offer a respite from my game. Even still, I couldn't resist a not-so-subtle subtle at her still red cheeks.

“Can I get you anything else? Another drink, something cool this time, perhaps.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Sansa resisted the urge to pat her cheeks to try to cool them down, and nodded, trying not to squeak. Emilie would have had something smart to say, but Sansa had not perfected the art of the comeback.

"Ah, some water maybe." She flushed again, and added, "I know, I know. I can't control it, otherwise I'd stop getting all red in the face." Poking fun at herself was something she could do.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I strode off to the kitchen with a grin. Pouring out some ice-water, I felt a small buzzing in my pocket. It was my cell phone. The screen-flashed 'missed call' – it was an unrecognized, unlisted number. Not unusual, yet bothersome none the less. There were certain Kindred, Nosferatu in particular, who valued their privacy so much that it was almost impossible to get in touch with them, even when they wanted you to do so. Shaking my head, I dismissed the matter from the time being and returned to the living room. “Here you are,” I set the glass down, then offered another impish smile. “I can turn down the heating, if it's too warm?”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Oh, ha ha, very funny." She sipped the water but couldn't help noticing that he was sitting a bit closer to her than he had before. Her body was reacting to his nearness in subtle ways - a quickening of the heart, that delicious feeling in the stomach of fluttering butterflies.

Sansa placed the glass on the table, and turned to look into his eyes. Which were, of course, beautiful. Like everything else about him. He even had great teeth! "Would it be too bold to ask for a tour of your home? Its not often I'm entertained this high up in society, and I simply must see how the other half lives." She winked, eyes sparkling.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “I'm afraid there isn't much to see, but by all means... follow me.”

I rose to my feet and decided to begin the tour in the kitchen. The room was immaculate, the stainless steel fixtures pristine and polished. There were well-stocked wine and spice racks, alongside a fridge that spent most of it's life empty. A modest black table sat against the back wall, so that the kitchen doubled as a dining room. Although I rarely used the conveniences present myself, the staff I employed made use of it extensively, giving the room a more lived in feel.

“Anyone who didn't know me would think I could cook,” I remarked, with a slight smile. In my mortal life I had relied on my mother for such things. Now, it was no longer necessary.

We left for the study, the smallest room in the apartment, again directly off the sitting room. “My office... not the most exciting of places,” I said, casually brushing aside some papers on the desk. One wall held two large bookcases, mostly on art history and classical studies. There were various photographs on the other walls, myself and business acquaintances or luminaries of society, all posed. Some I imagined Sansa would have heard of, popular musicians in particular, but I thought I had done enough vain posturing for one day.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    The kitchen was breathtaking - all gleaming steel and granite countertops. She couldn't help but run her fingertips across the smooth stone admiringly.

Once inside the office Sansa stood in front of the bookcases, reading the spines of the many books. "Quite a collection, you have here." She smiled, turning around to face him. He was leaning against the desk, and she walked closer to him, though it wasn't really in her nature to do so.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Thank you.” Nonchalant, I smiled. She had warmed to me and was growing increasingly comfortable in my presence. Though its potent effects had long since worn off, the blood she had taken from my was still in her veins. The connection could only grow stronger.

“The bathroom and guest room are all that's left to see. The east wing is out of order at the moment, unfortunately,” I joked. The apartment was just that – an apartment. It was only meant to house one, two at most. “Oh, and the bedroom too. I'll spare you that embarrassment.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Ah, a messy haven perhaps?" Sansa grinned, though she didn't think that there was even a speck of dirt in the entire place.

She bit her lip slightly, and then shifted her body to copy his posture - leaning against the desk as well. It was a beautiful piece of furniture, most likely another antique, but it seemed sturdy enough for ... she blushed faintly.

Sansa looked up at her host, "I'm glad you enjoyed my little recital."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Thank you for indulging my request. Perhaps I might have another performance someday.”

With a warm smile, I set my hand on top of hers and gave a gentle squeeze.

“...I'm glad that we met.”

Good company is so hard to find. It seems the mortals are often the only ones who offer it.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Me too." His hand on hers was cool, but sent a thrill down her spine. "I've never known anyone quite like you before, Gabriel."

Sansa smiled, wondering at the feelings he was giving her. It wasn't simply that he was attractive, though he was, or that she was terribly lonely. There was something else - a connection she fancied she could feel in her blood. His eyes were almost hypnotic, and she wanted to look into them for days.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “You're going to make me blush, now.” I averted my eyes out of modesty, though the Toreador blood in me hoped she would continue. Although I had heard such things from many mortals before, there was something different this time, as if I actually desired her praise above others.

“I don't suppose that you'd like to stay for dinner this evening? I have an '82 vintage Bordeaux that I've been wanting to uncork for some time.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Sansa's smile grew, "I would love to. Though perhaps I shouldn't drink too much wine." She brushed back her hair to reveal the still fading bruise on her forehead from New Years.

"But I am getting a bit hungry." Sansa boldly squeezed his hand gently in return before retrieving her hand and intertwining her fingers in front of her.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I briefly unscrutinized the bruise, displeased that it had not yet faded, then stood up from the desk and clapped my hands together. “What do you feel like eating? What's your favorite dish? This can be my way of repaying you for that wonderful recital.”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast