Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [WoD] Air on the G String (complete)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

love me love me, pretend that you love me
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Holly
    She colored faintly, "I must admit to being a bit... rusty when it comes to breakfast. Cooking for one can be a bit boring."

Sansa thought about what she'd just said, and put her hand to her face. "Well, you know how it is when you're alone." Though, as she thought about it, he probably didn't. A man like Gabriel Rodermark would have no lack of companionship.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'm a monster. I'd really hate myself if I didn't just look so damn good.
    AKA
    Jenny
    I couldn't help but laugh, just a little, at the no doubt unintentional humor to her words. I found myself slightly sobered by them too, however. Alone was how I spent most of my time. Of course I was surrounded by Kindred, but I had not connected with another closely since the departure of my sire, and that had been many years prior. Thinking it might be wise to change the subject, to save face for Sansa, I took a draught of my wine and asked: “What are your plans for the rest of the week?”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Thankful for the change in conversation, though a tad disappointed, Sansa also took up her wine. "Oh, working during the day. Emilie, my flatmate, is all wrapped up in her latest boyfriend so I doubt I'll be hanging around her much."

She sipped the wine, and added with a chuckle, "Maybe I'll be doing some cooking for one."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I held back a grin and the urge to ask if she and Emilie ever cooked together.

“Your evenings are free, then. As are mine. What a fortunate coincidence!”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She found herself staring at his mouth, wanting to... not knowing exactly what it was she wanted to do. Sansa looked at her wine glass - it was empty.

"Yes, indeed - maybe a gallery tour sooner rather than later." She smiled, adjusting her position on the couch to a more reclined pose. A little closer to Gabriel as well. "I would enjoy it very much."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Perhaps we could go this week, then... say, Friday?”

It was only Tuesday, but I had business to tend to in the interim. Not only this, but the time spent apart would allow Sansa to become aware of the effect my absence had on had. The vitae in her would trigger feelings not unlike the first warm pangs of love.

“Would you like some more wine? Dessert, perhaps? ...I think I have some cannoli.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Friday works just fine. I'll look forward to it." She looked at her empty goblet and shook her head. "No more wine, but thank you. And desert sounds delicious - I must admit to having a bit of a sweet tooth." She grinned.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I nodded and cleared away the dinner plates, returning to the kitchen for some dessert bowls. I was about to dish out the cannoli shells when I felt another buzz in my pocket – my cell, again. The number was still unidentified. I answered. “Yes?”

“Hello, boss.”

It was Saul Leavis, the Primogen of Clan Nosferatu. I eased the kitchen door closed slightly.

“Good evening, Saul. I take it you tried to call me earlier? My apologies.”

“Yeah. Some of my boys just got back from scoping out the 'aven we think the Sabbat have been using. Turns out the place is abandoned, but it looks as if they haven't been long gone.”

I looked up through the crack in the door, to see Sansa smiling somewhat uncertainly at me.

“We think we've got a trail to follow,” Saul continued.

“Excellent. A meeting is in order. I'll contact Roland, Elizabeth and William. You see to the others.”

“No worries, boss,” I could almost hear the snaggle-tooth grin that Leavis surely wore.

“I'll see you in an hour.” I ended the call, and returned the bowls to their places in the cupboards.

Pausing, I steeled myself before turning to the sitting room. “I'm afraid we're going to have to postpone dessert until another time... I just had an important call from work.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Oh," Sansa tried not to let her disappointment show on her face. "That's okay. I suppose running the Barbican takes more work than I can imagine."

She stood up, gathering her violin case slowly. "I should be going - thank you for the evening... and the company." Sansa paused, looking up at him with her violin case under her arm, not wanting to leave but knowing he had things to do.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I smiled apologetically. “I'm sorry we have to cut things short... I'll make it up to you.”

Stepping forwards, I embraced Sansa gently with one arm. “Thanks again for a lovely evening.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She hugged him quickly and took a deep breath. "No problem. I just hope you enjoyed it as much as I did."

He showed her to the door, and let her know that his driver would see her safely home. As the door closed behind her, she stood there for a moment, turning around and looking at the number eight.

Then she made her way to the elevator, tugging her coat around her and wrapping up in her scarf. As she traveled downwards she had the strange feeling that she was lonelier than ever before.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234