Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to Mortality

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    "Why?" I roll my eyes. "Not like I'm driving home."

I play with the tempura on my plate and finally take a bite.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona opened her mouth, just as the onion volcano lit up. Then dinner was served. She stole one of Michele's scallops with her chopsticks ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    I narrowed my eyes, "Hey."

I snatched a piece of chicken off her plate and ate it in victory.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona was very relaxed throughout the meal, as if Silas Balan hadn't heckled them at all. She talked freely with the people beside her, actually teaching them a bit of Japanese as they ate ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Course my appetite came back with the humor. I just wish I was able to block what happened with Silas like Fiona was able to. I guess that sorta thing comes with age. Like speaking a bazillion languages.

In the midst of her lesson, I snatched my wine glass back.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona went on about how her Aunt Lavinia lived in Japan in the seventies, to account for her knowing so much. She finshed up her meal with some pineapple for dessert and raised a brow at Michele as she filled her glass with more wine ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I hear a stop in the conversation and can feel my girlfriend's eyes on me. I set the bottle of wine down and looked at Fiona innocently. "What?"

Fiona Devlin
    "That's your third glass, luv."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I sighed, "And?"

Fiona just stared at me expectantly since I should know better. She didn't need to spell it out for me. Plus, do I really wanna get drunk? It wouldn't make the problem go away. Silas would still be here.

My eyes narrowed slightly as a thought hit me and I pushed the glass away. "Yeah. You're right. I'm cut off." I produced a defeated smile but inside my anger hadn’t subsided. It was just redirected into making good on my statement. To kill Silas Balan. Tonight. The longer he was out there breathing down our necks, Fiona and I would never find peace or we'd end up in pieces. I'd have to face an Immortal sooner or later. Might as well be one I have A LOT of motivation to chop his head off, right? It should make the act of beheading Silas easier but I wouldn't know until it came down to it. Or if I even get a chance. Silas is twice my size and had hundreds of years of experience in the Game. The odds are against me but I have to do this. Not only for myself, but Fiona. I don't want her to die.

I squeeze her hand before she thinks something is up and stand, "Let's go home."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona paid for the meal and also had the wine decanted back into the bottle to go. The sun had finally set when they stepped outside, and Fiona glanced around. There was no sign or feeling of another Immortal for miles ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Well," I pull Fiona close in an embrace, "Least he's leaving us alone."

I nuzzle my way to a kiss, so soft and tender. The kind that always melts Fiona within my arms and gets her craving for more. If this is my last night with her, I'm going to make her the happiest woman on earth, though I'll admit part of me is being devious. I'm also doing this because after we're done making love, I know it means we'll fall asleep soon thereafter. She'll never know I'm gone until it's too late.

Fiona Devlin
    :: The walk home was uneventful, but Fiona was trembling with arousal by the time the door opened. She scampered down the hall giddily as she stripped ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I smiled out of sadness as I watched Fiona head into the bedroom. She was so excited and unexpecting that I almost stopped myself there because I knew I was going to hurt her in the end. My feet kept moving me forward as less clothing found its way off my body, leaving a trail from the front door.

As I entered the bedroom, Fiona had just made it to the edge of the bed. I quickly stalked her, taking her lips roughly and lifting her off the floor so I could lay her on top of the bed. She was putty in my hands, allowing me to do what I pleased which was returned in kind. For three hours, we were in heaven and I didn't want to go back to reality.

But another three hours later I was watching the angel sleeping at my side. I burned her perfect form into my mind because this image of peacefulness is what I was fighting for. I want all of our nights to remain like this, drowning in each other’s love. And if things went to hell, well, this would be the last thing I see before the end.

I finally muster the strength to pull myself away and get dressed in comfortable clothes, jeans and a t-shirt. I stole one last glance at Fiona, making sure I didn't disturb her. I stood there silently for three minutes before I was satisfied and left the room. I slipped on the black trench coat that Fiona bought me and hefted my sword in front of my face. I saw my reflection staring at back me filled with determination and knew I wasn't afraid.

The weapon slipped inside my trench and I left the condo in the search of my prey. Sooner or later Balan would show up and then, one of us was going to die.

Silas Balan
    :: On the other end of town, Balan had just finished playing Clockwork Orange with some Gangrel biker wannabe, and was cruising down the avenue on his newly taken Harley ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    It was close to 3AM and no sense of Balan. I figured he wouldn't be too far from the condo and started a circular search pattern. Enough military types do it so it can't be that bad of a plan. Plus, it wasn't a weekend. Streets weren't crowded.

Then I felt that familiar tingle coupled with a loud roar of a motorcycle. It HAD to be him. I turned around and saw his silhouette coming closer. I needed him off that bike to stand a chance and hopped over a bench, dashing into the park.

I would be a fool to think he just ditch the bike. He was reckless so I ran in a way that kept obstacles between me and him.

Silas Balan
    :: Balan sensed her, and sped into the park after her ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Okay, now I gotta think fast. How do I get him off the bike? AHA!

I dart behind a tree that happens to have a trashcan handy. Hopefully I time this right or I'm dead.

When I hear the bike revving closer, I pick up the top of the trashcan with both hands and throw it sideways at him. A few months ago, I wouldn't of had the strength to do this. Thanks love for the training and please god, let it hit...

Silas Balan
    :: The can bounces, hitting him in the side just hard enough to make him skid out. He lay on the ground as the harley came to a stop a short distance away ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Perhaps a better opportunity could present itself but I don't think I could catch Balan this off guard again. He wasn't helpless by any means, but I got him off his feet. I had to go for it.

Springing from around the tree, I pulled my sword out from underneath my coat. I heaved the blade horizontally through the air to give me the momentum I needed and curved it down towards Balan's neck with a guttural yell.

Silas Balan
    Nevermore - What Tomorrow Knows

Dreams lie smashed again
    They've pinned your back to the wall
    Like faded pictures of what might have been
    Fate is cruel when dreams, like candles, fade
    Smashed again down into the gray
    Despise for a world turned cold
    No one sees what tomorrow knows

There's a shame in blind suffering
    Dishonor from the inside
    Find hope from the voice within
    Clear vision of your own mind

Mistakes you wear like your skin
    You wish you'd never been born
    Stand up, you can't escape your past
    But fools will try just to forget
    From where they came
    Smashed again down into the gray
    Despise for a world grown cold
    No one sees what tomorrow knows

No more color to will to fade
    To see life clearly, regretful nevermore
    Take the time, make the time

There's shame in false victory
    Dishonor from the inside
    False pride, all you can't redeem
    Clear vision of your own mind
    :: Balan brought his pirate cutlass up in a block before Michele could take his head ::

"Hi Butch."

:: He shoved her backwards and gave her a crooked smirk as he got to his feet ::

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast