Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

The Suns just blew an 18 point lead and are now down by 2 in the fourth. Still a lot of time left, nice feed from Nash and the Suns have tied the game. Now the Mavs are back up. They'll probably score a dozen pts before I finishing posting.

Miami could have easily beaten the Pistons last year, it was a close series and if Wade hadn't of gotten hurt in game 6, who knows. What impressed me last night was how efficient Shaq and Williams were. Shaq was 12-14 and Williams hit his first 10 shot attempts. Whoever wins tonight, we should get a good, high scoring, finals.

Dallas had a heck of a comeback to pull that game out. Now Miami vs Dallas. Who will win? If Miami wins they will need to steal game 1 or 2 in Dallas. I think they can win all three in Miami but winning a game 6 or 7 in Dallas I think will be tougher.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I was really hoping that Phoenix would win, because I like Miami's chances against them better. Whenever Phoenix is slowed, they usually loose. Miami has made fast teams play East basketball before and they usually win that way.

Dallas is a very adaptable team with great defense and I don't really like how Miami matches up against them.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Should be an entertaining Finals regardless of the outcome. I'm pulling for Miami, though... I want to see Dwayne Wade and Alonzo Mourning get rings, and with Shaq getting closer to possible retirement, they might not have many chances left before they have to retool things again.

jediSamson
    I'm torn, the only player that I have REALLY followed since Bird, is ZO, from Char,mia,nj,mia . But I so can not stand the 2nd biggest over hyped player of all time Crapdaddy. I really would like to see Zo get that ring, but....Also A big Dallas fan , so that makes it all that more confusing for me
    Of course if Miami would let a real (basketball playing) canter like ZO get more than a few minutes a game they would run away with the series.

I disagree with you about Shaq he is a monster, his only problem is the fact he can't hit foul shots for nothing.

sirdizzy
    thats because Shaq is allowed to foul his way to the basket everytime he touches the ball. If you were to call a straight up game on Shaq where you called him for every foul he makes to bully his way to 3 feet of the basket, Shaq would be the worst player in the entire nba. But with refs looking the other way and shaq allowed to foul at will, how do you stop a 300 pound 7 foot guy from getting to three feet of the hoop when he has a get out of jail free card from the refs. At his height 3 feet from the basket is like hitting the broad side of a barn with a beach ball. Hence the hack a shaq strategy being somewhat successful

You could make that argument about any center his height, at the same time there are guys out there who were over 7 feet, Dampier for Dallas comes to mind, who are just big stiffs. So he has some talent.

sirdizzy
    it makes for boring basketball though, thats why I want the refs to call the fouls

most exciting era of basketball hands down was the bird vs magic era, bird was an outside shooter and magic liked to play the long ball. How many coast to coast, run and gun style of games did we get to see during those eras, man was it fun.

Thats why I like Dallas and thats why I like Phoenix, they are bringing the run and gun back and making basketball fun again

So go Dallas

ps ever notice run, gun and fun all rhyme, coincidence I think not

but calling the fouls slow down the game. Actually back in the Bird-Magic era, they called less fouls which made the game faster.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Originally posted by sirdizzy
    it makes for boring basketball though, thats why I want the refs to call the fouls

most exciting era of basketball hands down was the bird vs magic era, bird was an outside shooter and magic liked to play the long ball. How many coast to coast, run and gun style of games did we get to see during those eras, man was it fun.

Thats why I like Dallas and thats why I like Phoenix, they are bringing the run and gun back and making basketball fun again

So go Dallas

ps ever notice run, gun and fun all rhyme, coincidence I think not
    So you would find mexican pygmey basketball exciting?

Great start for Miami, especially Wade. Lets see if they can keep it up.

Dallas won game 1 thanks to large part to Jason Terry he had a heck of a game. Only Wade really did anything for Miami.

sirdizzy
    no dallas won the game because the worst player in the nba showed his true form with a 1-9 performance from the line, a 10 point loss and shaq throws up 8 bricks from the line. Miami won't make it to a game 6 if that continues to happen

jjwr
    Shaq is the worst player in the NBA? If you wanna talk Hoops thats a really bad way to start.

Wade & Shaq as of late in the game when I went to bed were the only ones to shoot Free Throws, no other player attempted them and down the stretch they couldn't hit a hoop when they had the Mavs within 3.

Shaq is just a bad free thrower shooter, but so wasn't the great Wilt Chamberland. Chamberland shot less than 40% from the FT most of the time and he is one of the greatest players ever. That wasn't why they lost, the other heat players did nothing in that game and that was the reason.

sirdizzy
    Shaq is the worst player in the nba, hands down sorry, he just is. Like I said before without the benifit of the refs letting him foul his way within to 3 feet of the basket he is useless. Anything further than 3 feet from the basket he might as well be trying to shoot from the moon, he has no outside jump shot, he has no dribbling or driving skills, he needs to be close enough that a four year old playing on a 2 foot hoop would have the same field goal percentage as him.

What he does do and he does it well, is abuse the system to make it look like he can actually play hoops. He's 7 feet and 300 pounds and knows that most refs won't call him for the bullying fouls that will allow him to get to 3 feet of the basket. Him being smart enough to realize this doesn't make him a good ball player it makes him a smart ball player but not a good one. I will say it again Shaq is the worst player in the league. Would you depend on him down by 1 knowing the other team can just foul him and let him show us his masonic tendacies. He won 3 championships on Kobe's back and this will be the 2nd won he has lost on his own because you know and I know miami ain't winning the finals.

\

sirdizzy
    I never got to see Wilt play he was before my time but I did get to see Kareem play and he had skills outside the 3 foot range. That sky hook of his was devastating and he had a fair outside jumper. If you called a straight up game, no bullying fouls, kareem could have still beat you. In they called a straight up game shaq would have been out of the leauge in 2 years time.

I like how the nba is changing, notice how old the big tall totem poles are dissappearing for the bigger and better guys like dirk who can play from the permiter. Shaq is an antique from the horror days of the nba that cattered to big men by not calling the fouls on them when they forced their way into the paint like a bulldozer driving over a house.

Originally posted by sirdizzy
    Shaq is the worst player in the nba, hands down sorry, he just is. Like I said before without the benifit of the refs letting him foul his way within to 3 feet of the basket he is useless. Anything further than 3 feet from the basket he might as well be trying to shoot from the moon, he has no outside jump shot, he has no dribbling or driving skills, he needs to be close enough that a four year old playing on a 2 foot hoop would have the same field goal percentage as him.

What he does do and he does it well, is abuse the system to make it look like he can actually play hoops. He's 7 feet and 300 pounds and knows that most refs won't call him for the bullying fouls that will allow him to get to 3 feet of the basket. Him being smart enough to realize this doesn't make him a good ball player it makes him a smart ball player but not a good one. I will say it again Shaq is the worst player in the league. Would you depend on him down by 1 knowing the other team can just foul him and let him show us his masonic tendacies. He won 3 championships on Kobe's back and this will be the 2nd won he has lost on his own because you know and I know miami ain't winning the finals.

\
    I disagree if you say that you have to say players like Chamberland and Kareem were horrible players because they were big. And I said Chamberland was a worse foul shooter than Shaq and he is one of the greatest players ever, heck I think he was the greatest.

sirdizzy
    I never said kareem was a horrible player because he was big, I said shaq was because thats all he has is being big. Kareem had more talents than just just his size, read my second post.

I can't judge wilt and how old are you carr because I am 29 and I never saw wilt play/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast