Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: [WoD] Ohhhhhhhhh Viennaaaaaaaaa (COMPLETE)

Fiona Devlin
    "The Ring of the Nibelung." she chuckled. "Don't tell me you've never heard of it."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I look at her innocently and shrug. How the hell am I suppose to know what a Ring of Nib.. Nibe... Nibesomething is.

"Um, should I have?" I ask while getting on my shoes and take a quick peek at the clock. 7:22 pm. The limo would be here soon.

Fiona Devlin
    "It's an opera of epic myth! If Mrs. Ceffaclio knew you were here, she'd be quite jealous."

:: She reached for her jacket and walked towards the door ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    That got a laugh, "Yes. Well ... if she knew I was here I'd be in a helluva lot of trouble."

I grabbed my jacket and led us outside with a smile on my face. "Especially you since you told her I was sick."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona put on her best innocent face and waved as the limo pulled up ::

"At least you're playing hooky in style." she winked.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I laughed. She was right. Playing hooky out of the country is rather bold.

The black limo pulled up and the chauffer opened the door for us. We climbed inside and went on our way. By the time we got to the Opera House, we would still have a half hour to mingle amongst the crowd and I could gawk at the building myself.

I just hope I won't stick out too much... Ah who am I kidding? I'm a Chi-town girl who has never been outta the country. Might as well stamp American on my forehead.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona gave Michele the program for The Rhinegold, and clasped her hand as they looked about ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    The program was forgotten quickly as I led Fiona around in a childlike daze, absorbing the beauty that surrounded me. My eyes darted back and forth ignoring much of the crowd around us, focusing on the immense chandelier’s hanging from the ceiling two stories above. The architecture was breathtaking. A brilliant display of late 19th century work and it took almost six years for the building to be constructed. It didn't look a day old ...

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona suddenly cleared her throat as Michele bumped into a finely dressed older man. He bowed to Michele and smiled, more entranced than offended. He introduced himself as Werner ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I blushed, feeling clumsy but thankfully the man I had bumped into wasn't angry.

And yay for small favors! Even though he had an accent, he was speaking English ... Which only proves that I really do stick out like a sore thumb.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Werner. I'm Michele Hawkins and this is Fiona Devlin." I smile fondly towards her. "She's been looking forward to seeing the opera tonight."

Fiona Devlin
    :: They talked briefly about music, then the doors opened and they took their seats in the opera box. An epic tale of dwarves, gods, giants and nymphs unfolded on the stage below them ::

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567