Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [WoD] Old Reality Meets New

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I wasn't a Spanish whiz but I knew enough Italian to get the general jist of what Fiona said. The sword was forged in the year 1040.

Okay, say it again with me. 1040!!!

So, yeah. I stood there stunned. She was trusting me ... No. No she was giving me this sword.

"I can't take this." And pushed it away, looking up at the wall for something I could use.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona gave her a dubious look ::

"Are you sure?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    I run a hand through my hair and spy the sword outta the corner of my eye. No, I'm not sure. Next to you, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I can't believe you're entrusting me with it.

"Yeah, I don't wanna break it..."

And ergo my eloquant speech implodes inside my head and fails to reach my lips.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona burst into loud laughter at the words ::

"I fought a devil named Kronos with that sword! You won't break it, I can assure you!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    She always has an answer for everything and I fumble over my next words. "But, but ... I mean ... It's too nice for me. I ... I don't deserve something like that."

Mentally, I just slapped myself. Hard.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona held Michele's face gently in her hands ::

"Yes you do."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I know I'm blushing because my cheeks feel like they're on fire. I had to look away but the only way was down. Didn't even notice that Fiona put the sword in my hands. Sneaky woman.

"Thank you..." I spoke softly but my reverence could not be mistaken. Finally something came outta my mouth that made sense. Just wish I could have said more.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona gave Michele a deep kiss, caressing the nape of her neck with her fingers ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    There are times when everything around you just stops. You know, kinda like hitting the pause button on life to reflect on where you are in your life and where it's gonna be taking you.

This was one of those moments and it wasn't just because Fiona's a helluva kisser.

No, it was because I think my mind was finally starting to accept my new reality. Life is about change. To deny my reality now means my death. A meaningless death except for what little power I have being passed to another Immortal. I'd be just a speck in the grand scheme of things.

Yet, I have this chance to see the world with Fiona. To spend my life with her for years, decades, hell centuries even if we're allowed. I'm still not too sure about all the rules but I don't see how's that too much to ask.

I pull away from Fiona and hold up the sword, the blade pointing skyward.

Maybe I just need to focus on the good that has come to my with this change. I've focused way too much on death and my uselessness. I can't be like the fighter Fiona is overnight. It will come to me ... in time.

My arm starts shaking and I have to lower the sword to the floor carefully. I laugh as I almost fall over from the force, "Wow. I'm so not in shape for this."

Fiona Devlin
    "We'll remedy that soon. For now, we should get packing."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Oh now we need to pack." Sarcasm oozes as I roll my eyes and hand over the sword. "Um, you put that away."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona raises her hands ::

"You keep that, love."

:: She gave Michele a peck on the cheek and led the way back upstairs without another word on it ::

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123