Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Old Reality Meets New

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani

[WoD] Old Reality Meets New

My eyes peel back and I yawn. It's Monday morning and I have to get back into my normal routine. School isn't going to get put on hold now that I'm an Immortal. My studies are far too important for me to stop and I know Mrs. Ceffaclio would kill me if I abandoned music, followed by the school board for giving me the free ride scholarship.

I stretch and turn over in bed, peeking at the clock before I shut my eyes for a few more winks.

12:30pm.

Huh?

I bolt right up and rub the sleep away. It's 12:30pm?? Thiscan'tbehappening!!! I'mneverlateforclassorevenmisssedaclass!!!

I jump outta bed and start throwing something together to wear; I don't give a damn if it matches. I just need to catch the 12:50 and I might only miss one hour of Art History.

How the hell could I have missed hearing the alarm? My teachers are going to kill me!

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona was leaning in the doorway, amused by Michele's state of utter panic ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    I run my hands through my hair frantically and put on my tennis shoes. When I slung my backpack over my shoulder, I noticed Fiona looking amused.

"Why the hell didn't you wake me???"

Fiona Devlin
    "Because we have things to do."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I roll my eyes, "Woman, I have to get to class. We can play later."

I slide past her in a hurry, trying to think of a good excuse to tell Mr. Santo. Ooo! Car accident. Of course! There we go. Still suffering from whiplash... or something. I can always have Fiona help me fabricate proof later.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona blew the hair out of her eyes and followed Michele like a cat ::

"Missing a few classes, what is that going to matter in the grand scheme of things? Besides, I already took care of that."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Because it matters to me, Fiona. The grand scheme of things can learn to fit my schedule."

But I stop when her last words register. I slowly spin around, confusion set on my face as my head leans closer to Fiona's direction as if I completely misheard what she had said. "Come again? You did what?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Mrs. Ceffaclio ... we had a little chat this morning."

:: she reached into the refridgerator and opened a beer ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Chat?" I threw my pack on the couch and walked back towards the kitchen. "Oh. The car accident?"

It would have made sense. Hell, was the same excuse I was gonna use.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona nodded and offered a beer ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I took it and cracked it open. Why not, it's afternoon anyway.

"So how long am I out for?" I took a quick sip and the foam tickled my nose. "When do I go back to school?"

Fiona Devlin
    "You have the week off, Michele Hawkins."

:: She sat on the leather couch and stretched her legs out on the ottoman ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Joy." I slump down into the matching leather chair and pouted into my beer bottle. "I'll have a lot of work to catch up on since I know you're going to be working me like a dog this week."

I grin, "Right?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Half right. We're going on a little trip."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "To get away from Balan?" I ask. Might be a good idea to disappear for awhile so me and Fiona can get things settled with my new purpose in life.

Fiona Devlin
    "Yes. I intend to deal with him on my terms."

:: there was a bit of a growl in her tone, but it shifted back quickly to a pleasant one ::

"It's time you saw something of the world."

:: She took a long sip of her beer ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I had to smile and laugh at that last comment. "Yeah. Seeing Wisconsin isn't very 'worldly'."

I get up and slide against the couch, looking up at Fiona with big puppy dog eyes in excitement. "Where're we going?" I bet it was some place good and really far from here. She always wanted to do this with me but school got in the way. Even during the summer.

Fiona Devlin
    :: she chuckled, and her eyes were sparkling ::

"How does Vienna sound to you?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I think we both heard my jaw drop.

"Vienna??" I climb onto the couch now and grab Fiona by the shoulders. "Are you serious???"

It was one of the cities I always wanted to go to because that city's composers saved my life. Without the classical music of Beethoven and Mozart, I know I wouldn't be here today (Well actually I would be under really different circumstances).

Plus, IT's IN EUROPE!!!

How can you top that?

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona laughed as she was shaken, and kissed Michele in self-defense ::

"Aye, we leave tonight."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast