Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: What Mystery's Lie in a Dead Man's Eyes

SW-Fans.Net Poster

What a fine looking bitch.
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Nara's eyes narrowed as she jumped down to where Penny was. "Does it matter or can we just do our jobs?"

Keeva's question had irritated her unintentionally.

“Right, we don't have a leader. We're a democracy!”

As the others filed back under the pier, Penny shuffled along in the sand to make room.

“Thanks for coming along, by the way, Keeva,” she added with a smile, pleased to have them all working together.

Crowley
    Democracy. Crowley rolled his eyes behind his shades – which were, incidentally, being worn in the appropriate weather for once. “I suppose we're just playing the waiting game now, then?” he asked, glancing sidelong – and with obvious discomfort at the thought of the heat - towards the people out sunning themselves on the beach.

Keeva
    "I was just wondering who was gonna buy snacks. The leader buys snacks."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

She patted Penny's bag with a boot. "Knock yourself out. Trail mix and granola bars galore."

The Garou sat down next to her friend with the hint of an amused smile.. "I guess that makes you the leader by default."

The momentary irritation by the Fury was gone.

Penny pumped a fist in the air, and mouthed 'score.'

“You all better behave, you hear? I won't have no slacking. I run a tight ship. Now drop and give me twenty, bird boy!”

Crowley
    “Aye aye, captain!” The Corax gave a mock-salute to the new leader.

Already restless, he began to pace about on the sand looking up and down the length of the beach, looking closely at where the sand narrowed into rocks. “Do you think anyone would notice if I went for a quick flight?” he asked, of no one in particular.

Keeva
    :: Keeva shrugged at Crowley as she took a bite of the granola bar Penny gave her. She chewed, and chewed and chewed. She swallowed it with difficulty and made a yuk face ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Nara betrayed a hint of a smirk as she watched Keeva. "Not if you do it quiet like, Crowley."

“Stay put,” Penny sighed. “We don't want to take any unnecessary risks.”

Crowley shook his head and looked out to sea. The sun began to dip behind the horizon, and slowly the droves of people on the beach thinned. The Garou swapped stories for a while, eventually falling into silence as they shared a mutual moment of awe at the sight of the sunset. Crowley in particular seemed pleased by it. Although he was a creature of the sun by nature, a child of Helios, he welcomed the cool night air. The moon became faintly visible, with only a few restless surfers and wandering teens still on the sands.

Crowley
    Crowley was lent against one of the legs of the pier, looking out from the land. As he watched the waves, he murmured to himself. “They cannot look out far. They cannot look in deep. But when was that ever a bar to any watch they keep?”

A couple of the teens ambling nearby on the sand gave him a quizzical look, snorting with laughter. He groaned, “Philistines”, and walked back to the group of Garou. “Just some surfers and doped up kids left. I think we can make a move.”

Keeva
    "Alright, what exactly are we doing when we find the Rokea?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"She brings up a good point," Nara said as she watched the last rays of sunlight falling into the ocean. The beauty of it made her lips curl into a small smile briefly. "We might have to kill it depending on what happens."

Crowley
    “Ixya are perhaps the most docile of the Rokea, but given our mans recent behavior I wouldn't put it past him to take our intrusion into his business with less than good humor.” Crowley smirked without humor. “If I'm being frank, I have my doubts as to whether all our strengths combined could kill a Rokea, even if it were drugged, gagged and had just received a once over beating from an angry pack of Red Talons.”

“Crowley: keeping it positive, as always,” Penny sighed. Unfortunately, she agreed.

“I packed some tranq darts, just in case things got ugly. Which they probably will. We can shoot the guy first and ask questions later... but I think it's pretty important that we don't skip the questions part, otherwise we might just end up with a whole school of weresharks out for revenge.”
    Last edited by Penelope Lloyd-Fraser; Oct 4th, 2006 at 12:03:46 PM. Reason: bump

Keeva
    :: Keeva's eyes shifted color for an instant as she sniffed the air ::

"I think you're right."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The Fury nodded. "Agreed. I don't have to kill. I rather talk, but you better have a crap load of them darts Pen. Cuz if that thing doesn't go down, we're gonna have a lot of hurt coming our way."
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Feb 3rd, 2007 at 03:14:19 PM.

Crowley
    Crowley looked to Keeva knowingly. “My danger senses are tingling,” he quipped. His eyes turned towards the ocean, expectantly, and focused upon the incoming waves. The surface of the water rippled and split, as a curved fin sliced through into the air. With a spray of foam, the Rokea burst out of the sea. Over ten foot tall, its dark flesh glistened even in the dull light, making visible the razor-sharp pectoral fins lining its forearms. Its jaw hung open, displaying row upon row of serrated teeth. “Someone ordered 'a whole lot of hurt'?”

Keeva
    :: Keeva stood protectivley in front of Crowley, all five feet, seven inches of her ::

"I'm ready."

:: She glanced nervously at the two garou and grinned ::

"You ready???"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345