Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Saturday Afternoon (COMPLETE)

Fiona Devlin
    :: She tosses Michele the keys and stops in front of the mirror once more to play with her hair ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I catch them with one hand and look at them funny. I never drive us anywhere. I always take the buss or the train.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona paused from her preening at laughed ::

"Oh come on ... you know you want to."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    "Oh no..." I hold them out as if they were some filthy object, wanting Fiona to take them back. "I don't want to be responsible if something happens."

Sure, I want to drive her really expensive, cool looking sports car downtown where everyone stares at me, jealous as to what I have and they don't. Everyone has their selfish side but I'd rather keep it tucked away. I know what it's like to have nothing and as much fun as it would be race down the Eisenhower at 80+ mph ... I'd rather pass.

Fiona Devlin
    "I trust you ..."

:: Fiona reached out beyond Michele's hand to touch her face ::

"... and having a bit of fun isn't going to change who you are."

:: she flashed a pixie smile and pet Michele's cheek ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My cheeks begin to burn and I drop the keys. It's like Fiona can read my mind eventhough I know that isn't possible. She's been able to do that before but this time, for whatever reason it freaked me out. Maybe it was the way she touched my cheek or the way she smiled so innocently at me, but my heart began to pound so wildly that I just kinda froze in place. Someone hit the pause button on my life just then.

Eventually I blink. Get back to my senses and leave, muttering that I'll meet her downstairs. I just hope I don't hurt her feelings. God I hate being acting so flighty!!!

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona watched her bolt like a deer, then looked at the car keys. She knelt down and picked them up, then met up with her downstairs ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I was nervously nibbling on my index finger, rolling the flesh near the nail between my teeth, feeling like a fool.

Fiona eventually comes down about five minutes later, making sure I wasn't waiting for too long. I smile sheepishly and pretend everything's fine, eventhough it isn't. What a way to act on our one year anniversary.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona unlocks the car and waits for Michele to get in before turning the key ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I take a deep breath. Hopefully Fiona wasn't angry. She hadn't said one word since coming down. With a shuffle in my gait, I get inside the car and buckle up quietly.

Fiona Devlin
    "I'm sorry, love."

:: the look on her face was a mix of sincerity and deep affection ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My head pops up confused. Huh? "What're you sorry for?"

I look at her like she's crazy. She has nothing to be sorry for. "You're just trying to help me. I just ... it's just so hard for me to accept so much still. Even after a year. I haven't gotten used to it."

I sound like a bumbling idiot.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona touched Michelle's shoulder as she spoke ::

"I love you, Michele Hawkins."

:: She wiggled her nose like a rabbit and then focused on driving, a tiny smile upon her lips ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Heh. I smile. When she says my full name like that, I know everything's gonna be fine.

"Love you too."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona sang cheerily in Irish-Gaelic on the way to the restaurant, then parked the car and followed Michelle inside ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    We were greeted inside by a petite woman who was probably not much older then I was. The restaurant business was usually family operated so this was probably the owner's daughter, who knew Fiona well enough to call her by her last name.

"So nice to have you back Miss Devlin." She already had two menus in her hand and was ready to lead us towards the back of the restaurant. "Same table like always?"

I give Fiona a look that was a cross between idle curiosity and jealously, "Come here often?"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona put on her best innocent face ::

"Who me?"

:: she gave a wink then sat down at their table ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Uh huh." I sat down grinning from ear to ear. Fiona knew I was playing with her. The waiter brought us some tea as I opened the menu.

My eyes crossed. What the hell is this stuff??? I can't read Thai!!!

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona took the menu and flipped it over to the english side with a smirk. Then she ordered a few appetizers to the table for sharing. Crab rolls, Sa-Tay, and Steamed Dumplings. She sipped on her Thai Iced-Coffee as Michele studied the menu ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Well, I didn't want to look as if I was clueless so I glanced over the menu with puckered lips as the waiter took down Fiona's order. When the waiter looked at me expectantly, I put the menu down for him to see and pointed randomly at what I believed to be the entree section.

"I'll take that."

I pointed at Green Curry Soup.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast