Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Let's do some non-SW RPing!

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Jenny
    Hey, as long as people play them sensibily, I'm all for this stuff Some of them have source-books dedicated to them... trying to get ahold of some of them now.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

Yes, as long as people play them sensibly, they're fine. It's the people who might go "Kewl, weredragon!!!!111!!!" that I'm worried about. I know we havent had a problem with it so far, and I hope it stays that way.

Maybe someone can post a list of tribes to pick from? And maybe we can decide if we want to allow Black Spiral Dancers as an available tribe?

*has to go to bed since it's 4 am *

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Like I say, I am looking for source info on the extra beasties, but I don't think that all of them have their own book. Those who do though, if I can find extra stuff about them I will put up some stuff in the WoDencylcopedia about it.

As for Dancers... I'm cool with people playing them. I'd love to see some Red Talons, personally

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

I was talking to Kyle about this earlier tonight - yay or nay to vampire interaction? I know Bandages' Garou is mingling with the vamps, but if we get enough Garou, I'd personally prefer to keep it seperate. Maybe have the rare rp with vampires, if we only have a handful of people playing Garou?

As long people play responsibly, I dont care what they are, honestly. I like that all the vampires/wolves have one or two abilities that they're good at for each clan/tribe; it saves me from the "magic-I'm-great-at-everything!" factor.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I would like to keep wofls and vamps seperate, personally. Mostly because most wofls would kick the crap out of the vamps. I mean, check out this (from the Toreador clanbook):

Picture an eight-foot tall shag carpet soaked with blood: yours. Add in a self-enforcing Masquerade that makes every mortal who sees one start gibbering and hallucinating about chainsaw-toting maniacs, gangbangers, rogue cops or whatever other urban legend works best. Now make it so that every time you hurt one, it heals quicker than you can say "Oh [fiddlesticks], you're not going to tear me another new [bottom] are you?!"

Congratulations. Now you have some slight inclination of what Lupines are like. If you go out in the woods, you run the risk of having one of death's own guard dogs pounce on you and use you for a target practice. By "woods" I mean anywhere without streetlights. Lucky for us, the shapechangers are allergic to cities, by and large.

I remember the day Gene Wharton, a Gangrel from way back, got turned practically inside out and hung on the doors of Miama's Elysium. I took one look and thought "Now that's what the Masquerade is for! Screw the mortals; I'm hiding from the werewolves."

Kind of get the impression that the old bloodsuckers want to stay as far away from the beasties as possible.

Fiona Devlin
    Originally posted by Mandy with an I
    Do we really want to have were-dragons and were-gators though?
    NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!

Originally posted by Mandy with an I
    And maybe we can decide if we want to allow Black Spiral Dancers as an available tribe?
    Only as serious threat major league hardcore villains. The presence of Black Spirals anywhere is BAD NEWS and would be a danger to Vamps, Mages, Immortals and other Garou to say the least.

As far as other 'weres' go, the only ones I'd allow as characters are the bastet.

The Ananasi are uber icky and vile. Creepier than the Black Spiral Dancers. Only allowed as villains and very very rare.

I would allow the Kitsune, but probably not in a modern setting.

Were-sharks and alligators are totally absurd.

just my opinions though, take 'em or leave 'em.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I'm going to play a Corax. I read their sourcebook this afternoon and think the character concept is neat. I like how they seem to be above the politics and in-fighting of everyone else and I could see the character easily interacting with anyone, regardless of species.

As for the weresharks... well, they would be pretty impossible to play, to be honest. Their whole world revolves around the Sea, so there is no way they could interact with anyone other than other weresharks. Yawn.

I think most of the beasties are pretty rare, to be honest. From what I've read, the Garou kicked the crap out of a large majority of them, forcing many into extinction and decimating those that were left (with the excpetion of the Corax).

You're right about some of them being best kept as villains though. Perhaps once we've got our 'world' in motion we can introduce some threats to the world. I've already got some ideas about a potentially devastating secret that my Corax could know that would make for a good story arc.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

You're right about some of them being best kept as villains though. Perhaps once we've got our 'world' in motion we can introduce some threats to the world. I've already got some ideas about a potentially devastating secret that my Corax could know that would make for a good story arc.
    I agree. We only have a smattering of Garou so far, even though I've asked half of my buddy list about joining.

Corax = if they're not-so-rare. I'd like to see a few more wofls though, since we only have three so far

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    I still need to make my puppy

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Oh yes, more wofls please.

I'd rather be a rara avis anyway

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    I got an idea for my puppy finally!

:: goes to fetch stuff for avatar and naming ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

I just want to post as my Garou because I love how her avatar and sig turned out

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Wow, now that is a blast from the past Good times.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

it's old Dale! Yay-yay!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

What a fine looking bitch.
    sorry Vega I deleted my post since I wrote her description in the wrong thread.

But here I am!

Nara's location is flexible since I want to help the other puppies out in starting.

And as Vega and Dae were commenting on the blast from the past. Nara's avatar is of Priss from BGC 2040.. the first image I used for Dale for those that remember like Vegz ^^

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    hehe a 'classic' look for a new name.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani

so glad you guys like!

Please throw me a PM for those Garou that wish to get things started. I have a general idea of who Nara is and can learn as I write her.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Bumpin this, just as reminder that the Gen Forum is there for any and all RPing needs

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456