Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: NFL Offseason

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I went to Ravens training camp. Not only did Steve McNair sign my authentic Steve McNair jersey, but he laughed at my joke. He gave a sweat wrist band to a girl and his towel to a kid next to me so I asked for his socks. And then Matt Stover, was signing autographs and all these little kids kept asking him if he'd seen Ray Lewis or Ed Reed and I was like "Hey number three, have you seen Matt Stover?" He too laughed. Adailus Thomas was funny as was Dan Wilcox and Mark Clayton. All in all a fun time and a must-do for all football fans.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

I had the Rams & Colts preseason game on and Joe Buck lost his glasses!!!

jjwr
    What kind of crowd was there?

I turned it at one point and the place looked pretty full. A lot of people go to the preaseason games because they can't get tickets to regular season games. And I think they might be cheaper too. I actually hate preason games. The only thing they show is how good the rookies are going to be and how good the backups are.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Hey, the Niners won their first Pre-Season game.

*does a little dance*

I can't recall ever ignoring a preseason like I am this one. Baseball is just too good right now. The first game I'll probably watch is ESPN's first MNF broadcast tomorrow. I'm curious to see how Tony K. does. I loves me my PTI.

Preaseason generally sucks. I tried watching the pats-falcon game and it was just boring. I think it is for two reasons a) neither team uses there playbook, they just do simple plays, b)even though they say it they don't play to win, they either don't want to get anybody hurt or are judging talent. I really think its time to get rid of a preseason game. I just don't see the point to them. For example the Colts went 0-5 last year and it really hurt them.

JMK
    Originally posted by Jedieb
    The first game I'll probably watch is ESPN's first MNF broadcast tomorrow. I'm curious to see how Tony K. does. I loves me my PTI.
    I really hope to watch this. PTI is awesome, Tony K and Mike Wilbon are like an old married couple bickering over every small thing. If Tony K brings the same levity to MNF as he does to PTI, and formerly his ESPN radio show, then this will be my favorite MNF lineup of all time. Except they still have Theismann in there. That's going to suck hard.

sirdizzy
    Well preseason does matter for this one reason. Clinton Portis dislocated his shoulder last night trying to make a tackle on an interception. They are not sure how long he will be out but if its a significant amount of time thats a major blow for washingtons hopes this year.

Originally posted by sirdizzy
    Well preseason does matter for this one reason. Clinton Portis dislocated his shoulder last night trying to make a tackle on an interception. They are not sure how long he will be out but if its a significant amount of time thats a major blow for washingtons hopes this year.
    I agree with you there, that is the one thing teams don't want to see happen injuries in preaseason. It is the reason why the Chiefs only threw 6 passes in the first half of their game.

Here's why the Ravens will not win the Superbowl this year:

Male cheerleaders, what in the Wide World of Sports is going on in Baltimore?!

JMK
    At first glance I thought Boller was demoted to head male cheerleader.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Baltimore is the only team with male cheerleaders. They are also the only team with an actual marching band.

Originally posted by JMK
    At first glance I thought Boller was demoted to head male cheerleader.

Originally posted by Ryan Pode
    Baltimore is the only team with male cheerleaders. They are also the only team with an actual marching band.
    I've heard the marching band is really good and the Ravens put on one hell of a halftime show. But male cheerleaders?! Honestly, that's something I'd expect from the Niners.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The band is entertaining. I used to roll with them back in 2003. The male cheerleaders are hardly noticed. Only when the female ones are doing like super high jumps.

sirdizzy
    I think baltimore would be better of with the male cheerleader than boller at QB.

JMK
    NFL Golden boy Tom Brady gets linked to the whole Balco scandal:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5879838?FSO1&ATT=HMA

Apparently they had one conversation about future workouts and that's it. They never met or spoke further...allegedly.

But still, this sucks for Brady. Just to have your name mentioned in the same breath as this scandal is damaging.

The NFL has somehow kept itself away from this mess, and I hope for their sake it stays that way.

Of course we don't know the truth of all this. Most of the major sources aren't picking it up. The New York Daily News is nothing better than a Tabloid when you get down to it. ESPN hasn't even said a word about it.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920