Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason

Sports NFL Offseason

Might as well start a thread for the offseason, now unless people want to talk about the pro bowl Right now the biggest news is that the Raiders can't find a coach. The HC of Louisville turned them down and that was for a 4 year deal worth 18 million, it shows what he thinks of the program. They are talking to one of their ex coaches art shell now.
    Last edited by TheHolo.Net; Sep 2nd, 2006 at 08:24:04 AM. Reason: Topic tag added

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Well, I guess I'll call up Oakland Raidesrs and tell them I'll take the job.

JMK
    Maybe they can get John Madden down there once Art Shell rejects them.

LOL yeah it is pretty embarrassing, maybe they should contact some High school coaches once they can't find anybody else

JMK
    What a stigma attached to that organization now. Davis has let the whole thing go right into the tank.

He has and it is all his fault. He is way too controlling, and if the coach doesn't win he fires them within two years. Art shell, for example, his team made the playoffs, won 11 games and he still got fired. Davis is the worst owner in football right now.

Al Davis actually offered me the Raiders job this afternoon. But I had to turn him down. I'm having too much fun breaking up fights between 12 year olds at work. If I take the Raiders job I'd have to break up fights between even more mentally challenged children.

Originally posted by Jedieb
    Al Davis actually offered me the Raiders job this afternoon. But I had to turn him down. I'm having too much fun breaking up fights between 12 year olds at work. If I take the Raiders job I'd have to break up fights between even more mentally challenged children.
    LOL that was great, well there was breaking news they hired Art Shell. I think he is a fool taking the job, although maybe he figures he probably would never get a second chance at head coach again anyways.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Originally posted by Jedieb
    Mentally challeneged children that can bench twice mine and twice your weight.

sirdizzy
    I don't know have you seen the raiders teams lately

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Oh, that explains the bizarre phone call I got yesterday. I thought it was one of those annoying telemarketing people, so I hung up.

The Raiders should get Terrell Owens on their team. Imagine brotherly peace in the lockerroom.

jjwr
    Funny stuff jedieb!!

Art Shell should be an interesting hire, I'm glad to see he got another chance and hopefully he won't be sabotagued.

A few big names out in Free Agency, you have Alexander and Edge for RB's, TO, Reggie Wayne and David Givens for WR, not any marquee QB's but you have Collins and Kitna out there.

Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
    Oh, that explains the bizarre phone call I got yesterday. I thought it was one of those annoying telemarketing people, so I hung up.

The Raiders should get Terrell Owens on their team. Imagine brotherly peace in the lockerroom.
    LOL well there team would be entertaining, people would be just waiting for a Moss-T.O knockdown on the field As for FA, I think Alexander will stay with Seattle, they will use the Franchise Tag on him if they have to. Edge is another story, I thought the Colts would do the same thing, but it looks like they are more interested in keeping Wayne than Edge. Edge will probably be the big name then, not sure where he will go though. Looking at my team's FA's needs they need a WR and some defensive line help those are their two most glaring weaknesses. I would like to see them sign a second tier WR like Brandon Lloyd or Antonio Bryant both are good WR's though I think Lloyd might be close to have a breakout year.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Edge will win up in Arizona. T.O won't go to Oakland because Randy Moss said that if T.O goes to Oakland, Randy won't be there. And I'd rather have Moss than T.O.

I guess Edge could go to Arizona, but he would be nuts, they are one of the worst franchises in the NFL. He be smarter to try to go to Atlanta (if they let Warrick Dunn go) or maybe even Cleveland which is a better franchise than the Cardinals.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Yes, but Arizona has lots and lots of money to spend.

jjwr
    Yup, they're something like 30 million under the cap. I really wouldn't be suprised for Edge to follow the $$$

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Not only the money, but in Arizona he would be surrounded by great WR talent in the #1 passing offense. Cleveland has a 1,000 yard back in Droughns. No need to spend the money on something they don't need.

I forgot about Droughs but if he wants to go to a playoff team, Atlanta makes more sense.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Perhaps, but Arizona does have a top-10 defense, all they really needed was a running game. Another potential could be the Panthers, pending how much cap space they got.

Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast