Thread: You know it hurts....

Mitara Sinar

You know it hurts....

....when you get shot. Even if it hits the bullet proof vest. Knocks the wind right out of you, and leaves you with some nasty bruising. But hey I've had worse pain from kick boxing, and there was no blood shed so all in all, first time being shot was likely the best case senario.

Saturday night Me and my partner were patrolling near by the USA/Canada border our shift was almost over, but we saw this person walking down the road, with a large black bag. We stopped to talk to him, just to see what was going on.

I stepped out of the car and he pulled a gun and shot me, and made a run towards the USA border. My partner managed to take him down, and we found that the bag was FULL of like a 100 small bags of pot.

But all in all, I had a good weekend, had last night off of work, so I got a babysitter and had a Romantic dinner with Garen, spent the night with him. So what I had to do alot of paperwork and get medical checks done so see if I was badly hurt. Meh, it's worth it if I can get more time with my husband.

Well I go back to work tomorrow. So most of my day today will be spent with my baby girl, who I didn't send to day care today. but She is having nap right now. She looks so cute when she's sleeping. she looks so cute when she is awake too. Unless she is having a temper tantrum, but even then she still looks kinda cute.

I guess I'm just prejudice. It's kinda expected that a mother is. It's sad when it's not that way. Like what causes people to beat there own children or abuse them for there own sick fantasies, or anything like that! anytime I have to respond to a call, and it turns out I find that people have been doing that sorta stuff to little kids, it makes me want to shoot them where they stand. I don't shoot them, I wish they gave me some reason to, but they don't and I have to be all professional. I got to use pepper spray on one of them once, but that's not quite the same.

Umm... sorry about the long post. I guess I hijacked my own thread. Well in short. I'm okay, bullets hurt, Time with my husband is good, my baby girl is SO cute, and Child abusers are evil scum suckers that should be shot.

again sorry about the rant.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Yow!

Glad to hear you're doing good, in spite of being shot!

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    That rant was quality. Kids are cute partially because of the power of prolactin, and because they are small and they're yours and OMG.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Thank God for kevlar and other protective materials

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    What caliber did you get hit with? Glad you're okay!

Nayala Palain
    Holy! My god Im thrilled your alright.

Darth McBain
    Wow - that's insane... Glad you're ok.

Sudoku
    Glad to hear you're okay and had a pleasant time recovering.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Jesus! ditto to the Kevlar... wow... God I'm glad your ok, and that your kid's cute... and you love your husband and I'll gladly hold down a scum sucking child abuser while you jack 'em up.

Wow.

Mitara Sinar
    Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
    Kids are cute partially because of the power of prolactin, and because they are small and they're yours and OMG.
    That is SOO true! It also makes them SOO hard to be mad at, even if they broke a priceless mirror that has been passed down the family for the last 6 generations (makes it easer on her that she is so young and it can be repaired still)

Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
    What caliber did you get hit with? Glad you're okay!
    I was shot with a 45 caliber handgun, at the range of 12 meters (aprox), it contacted the Level II Kevlar vest (22 layers Kevlar) between the 6th and 7th rib bones, 3.5cm away from the Sternum in the right side of my chest.

It's not manadatory to use the BP Vests on normal patrols in normaly low hostility areas, but I always use one, to the point where I went a bought my own that is fitted for me, and had 50% of it payed for by the police force. it was marked at $600 (Canadan $) I defently say that it is now the best $300 that I've spent yet.

Originally posted by Mu Satach
    I'll gladly hold down a scum sucking child abuser while you jack 'em up.
    Awww, but if you hold them down, I'm only supose to cuff them! If the are struggling, and trying to get away, I might be able to cap there knees with my nightstick, or pepper spray there eyes, or maybe taser them! Let um run! I'll get them! :evil

*Fires taser* Zap!! Thud "AHHHHHH!!"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Well at least it was a .45, that's a good thing. .45 ACP has some pretty sluggish ballistics and a level II vest should have no problem with a full stop. Was it JHP or FMJ?

I know a few dealers who sell armor, so if you're looking for something to take trauma plates (doubt you'd need it but who knows) let me know. Your current vest should defeat most handguns out there, but there's stuff like old communist Czech CZ-52s that fire that extra hot 7.62 Tokarev, or even FN 5.7's which run even hotter and have a slimmer projectile profile. I do know that those have been shown to defeat Level II armor at times, as has even the lowly .22LR

Then there's rifles to worry about too, which will definitely defeat anything shy of a level IV

But you know how the trade-off goes. With extra protection you get added weight, added cost, more bulk, and less dexterity.

Mitara Sinar
    I can't really remember if it was JHP or FMJ, but I think it's JHP. I could go check but i'm feeling too lazy for that.

My level II vest is good enough for just standard routine patrols. If I need more protection for a special assigment, then I can always sign out a better one from the office.

i like the amount of protection, and how slim I still look in my Level II. Too much higher than the Level II and it makes me look too masculin.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    If I'm on patrol I'm not going to worry about my slender figure :P

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    You are so obviously a guy.

Mitara Sinar
    I agree with Mu on this on, but there is also more to it. If I look to masculin alot of people will ether assume I'm on some sorta muscle building drug, and i really don't like having to deal with those sorta comments. I much prefer having to deal with the flirting, expecaly if they are good at it, and i've be having a bad day.

also if i look to masculin, and they intend to shoot me, they may assume I'm using a bullet proof vest, and aim for my head instead. I've heard that's a big problem with the women on the force. the vests are ment to look like the muscles strong men are known to have, it just maks the men look more intmidating, but the women just look deformed, so it's really easy to see if the girls have a bullet proof vest on. I find the Level II dosen't stand out much from my 24 year old, former kickboxing, highly athlectic build.

plus, there is nothing wrong with wanting to still look good while arresting criminals.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Thats why I'm glad I'm not in uniform I can vest up and not make people think about it.

I just need to eventually buy a set.