Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 24 season 5

After last week's gothca ending I made up my mind that I'm not watching any more until the season is over and Tivo can let me watch the last 3 episodes in one afternoon. It's a 24 staple, but that ending was just too much. How many episodes was Jack chasing that damn recording just to have it erased right at the end of the hour? I was looking forward to Bush ending it all and then the bastard gets a last second reprieve.

Ooops, some wishfull thinking there.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Too much was watching Curtis get shot. For a moment, I thought he was done.

Originally posted by Jedieb
    After last week's gothca ending I made up my mind that I'm not watching any more until the season is over and Tivo can let me watch the last 3 episodes in one afternoon. It's a 24 staple, but that ending was just too much. How many episodes was Jack chasing that damn recording just to have it erased right at the end of the hour? I was looking forward to Bush ending it all and then the bastard gets a last second reprieve.

Ooops, some wishfull thinking there.
    I think he will get what he deserves, as for the ending well it fits 24. They love to pull the rug out from under you right that. It made me hate Myles though almost as much as Hendersen.

Exciting though frustrating end First I loved it how Jack killed Hendersen. He gave him a gun with no bullets that was great. He deserved his fate. Then it was brilliant how he took down the president, I loved how him, Novick and the First lady set him up. The only thing that sucked is the Chinese came back and got Jack. I was wondering when and if they come back. Since Jack will be back we know that somebody will have to go and save his butt. Oh and I wondered what will happen to those guys that were above Logan, I was waiting for Mandy to kill him but it didn't happen. Well, it was still a great final two hours suck have to wait another 7 months.

That ending was BRUTAL!!!! I couldn't stand seeing Jack taken away by the Chinese like that. I'm on the 5th episode of Season 3 so I'm still a day away from everything that happened with the Chinese, but I knew they were the reason behind his faking his death. I don't think that next season is just going to be about rescuing Jack. That puts him in too passive a mode. There has to be some kind of rescue, but I'm thinking that it will include stopping Jack from doing something horrible. I think the Chinese are going to brainwash him.

I also think that this next day will take place a few days at most after day 5. I think Logan might be going through his impeachment and we will learn more about these guys who were controlling him

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Ok, I just got back from vacation and watched the last episodes on Tivo. Going back to some of my predictions about what would happen:

Here is what I think will happen. Bierko carries out his revenge and the people who Logan works for are wiped out by a multipule warhead missile, and Logan himself is brought to justice one way or another. Henderson dies by the president before he is taken down, and Bierko is killed by Jack. I think Mike Novic and Martha are the ones to take down Logan himself.
    Ok, the last two, Bierko is killed by Jack and Novic and Martha taken down Logan, with assistance, came to fruition.

And finally at the end I was screaming, "I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT". The Chinese got Jack.

I think we will see a very interesting next series. Early predictions: The original plot was orchestrated by the Chinese to either eliminate the Russians, the terroists, or America and to open the door to territorial expansion, and the people who controlled Logan are working with the Chinese Goverment, and with Logan in custody, they will brainwash and make Jack Bauer their new puppet, with his first mission to kill Logan to where he will never talk, and CTU must stop/rescue Jack in his mission and to save him from the Chinese.

Originally posted by Park Kraken
    Ok, I just got back from vacation and watched the last episodes on Tivo. Going back to some of my predictions about what would happen:

Ok, the last two, Bierko is killed by Jack and Novic and Martha taken down Logan, with assistance, came to fruition.

And finally at the end I was screaming, "I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT". The Chinese got Jack.

I think we will see a very interesting next series. Early predictions: The original plot was orchestrated by the Chinese to either eliminate the Russians, the terroists, or America and to open the door to territorial expansion, and the people who controlled Logan are working with the Chinese Goverment, and with Logan in custody, they will brainwash and make Jack Bauer their new puppet, with his first mission to kill Logan to where he will never talk, and CTU must stop/rescue Jack in his mission and to save him from the Chinese.
    Interesting theory. I could see that happening.

I the "Jack is brainwashed" theory is the one we're headed. I also think we're looking at the next day taking place at least a few months from now. Jack was in no condition to do anything but bleed at the end of this last episode. Plus, breaking him is going to take TIME. After every thing we've seen this guy go through, does anyone think he can be brainwashed in a day or two? Hell no! Next season should be pretty sweet.

Oriadin
    Something that bugged me about season 5... what happend to Wayne??
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Nov 27th, 2006 at 10:15:28 AM. Reason: fixed spoiler tag

Quote Originally Posted by Oriadin View Post
    Something that bugged me about season 5... what happend to Wayne??
    I am guessing you mean Wayne Palmer, well Buchanan brought him home but that was the end of his story. I guess he didn't want to face off against Logan with his Brother's body. Althogh Wayne will defintely return as he will be the new President in Season Six. I guess his brothers death and Logan's treachery made him run and of course concidering what happened he won in a land slide I bet.

Oriadin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    I am guessing you mean Wayne Palmer, well Buchanan brought him home but that was the end of his story. I guess he didn't want to face off against Logan with his Brother's body. Althogh Wayne will defintely return as he will be the new President in Season Six. I guess his brothers death and Logan's treachery made him run and of course concidering what happened he won in a land slide I bet.
    It was just that he was with Buchanan, and then they seemed to foget about him. Buchanan pops up without Wayne and I was left scratching my head wondering what happened to him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123