Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Playoffs - 05/06 offseason

Wakefield and Fenway is our only hope.

This was a horrible loss for the Red Sox. They had a 4-0 lead, Wells on the mound and in a groove, and then it was Buckner all over again. The White Sox took advantage of that error and never looked back. The White Sox look good right now. They're making the plays that Boston isn't. Amazingly, the Red Sox have yet to hit a HR. What they did to the Yankees last year will help them a great deal now. That and the friendly confines of Fenway should give Red Sox fans plenty of hope that they can force a game 5 back in Chicago. The real problem I see for the Red Sox is that they simply don't have the starting pitching or the bullpen they did last year. They needed tonight and they had it withing their grasp.

At least it's NHL opening night. I'd start that thread but only Kyle and I would have anything to say.

With Wakefield on the mound....and it being in Fenway....I really do think we take Game 3.

sirdizzy
    I don't think the sox will get swept out but I think tonight's loss will cost them the series. Big mistakes have always haunted the Sox and this one will too, welcome back The Idiots.

JMK
    Originally posted by CMJ
    At least it's NHL opening night. I'd start that thread but only Kyle and I would have anything to say.

With Wakefield on the mound....and it being in Fenway....I really do think we take Game 3.
    My Habs get a VERY late 3rd period goal and take their season opener in Boston 2-1. Not a good night for Boston sports fans.
    I feel their pain...and yet I rejoice in their anguish.

Red Sox lose. Bruins lose. Pats looking vunerable. What's happening?

Red Sox lose. Bruins lose. Pats looking vunerable. What's happening?
    Things are returning to normal?

Doc Milo
    Jedieb:
    Playoff Attendance
    Boston at Chicago Game 1 40,717 (100.3% full)
    Yankees at Angles Game 1 45,142 (100.2% full)
    San Diego at St. Louis Game 1 52,349 (104% full)

Houston at Atlanta Game 1 40,590 (81% full)

And that ladies and gentlemen is why Braves fans are LAME!

JMK:
    And the day game excuse holds exactly zero water. I guess they aren't going to show up if their team is going to give up 10 runs and get killed every NLDS. Maybe they're saying that they'll show up for the NLCS...if and when they ever get there.
    I am not surprised. Atlanta is not a true baseball town, IMHO. My friends and I used to do yearly baseball trips. We'd follow the Mets -- since they were all Mets fans, and I was the only Yankees fan, I got outvoted. One year, we went to Atlanta. It was a day game, of course not sold out, and they had no life whatsoever. The game was close with the Braves behind, but threatening, and they only got into cheering if the scoreboard told them to make noise. As a NY fan, that is like visiting a foreign land. Never do we need the scoreboard to lead us to cheer for a rally!

Then, that night, we're out on the town, bar-hopping on Fulton street (I believe that was the name of the street...) and my friends are wearing their Mets jerseys. Some guy with a Braves cap comes by and says, "Hey, Mets fans, what you doing here?" My friends say, "we're following the Mets, in town for the games." To which this supposed Braves fan says: "Oh, yeah? Who they playing?"

Who are they playing? ????? Now, we either have a dumb guy wondering who the Braves are playing, not realizing we just told him we're following the Mets, or . . . he's asking us who the Mets are playing .... but .... who else would the New York Mets be playing in Atlanta except for the Atlanta Braves?

Yeah, really true baseball/Braves fans living down there all right!

LAME! (as Jedieb pointed out.)

You're killing me A-Rod, you're KILLING me! An error that lead to the tying run, and the next inning he gets caught stealing. Looks like we're headed for 1:30AM EST ending. Work will be special tomorrow.

Crap, crap, crap. A grounder, a bunt, and both men get on. It'll be a miracle if Wang gets out of this inning.

Doc Milo
    Dissen gonna be messy. Me no watchin!

Wang almost got out of it. He just got that last pitch up too high. It's a shame, he pitched a great game. The Yanks were just too sloppy tonight. Errors, 8 men left on base, you can't win like that. If Leiter can get this lefty out we'll have a shot, but it's a stretch against that bullpen. Watch, the game will end with A-Rod at the plate stranding a runner.

Well, maybe the Angels can salvage my night of baseball afterall.

Due up in the 9th, Posada, Tino, and Jeter. One of them will get on, A-Rod will get his chance at redemption and leave me hanging. Jesus, I hate being right all the time.

Lance Casey
    KNew Yanks wouldn't sweep the Angels, they are just to good of a ball club. Atleast we got Johnson on friday and Chacon or Small on saturday in the bronx.

Well I am disapointed in that game tonight. But honestly I didn't expect much from Boston because of their pitching problems. They can come back but I am happy for last year so right now it isn't a big deal Still won't be happy if they are swept. If the Sox go down, I am going to start rooting for the White Sox, I wouldn't mind seeing their 90 year streak end.

Molina!!!

That HR by Molina pretty much seals the deal. I'll be logging off now and crying myself to sleep. But, at least the evil Red Sox are at death's door. :evil

You better watch out the Yankees might follow Its like I said Fox would love a Sox-Yankees rematch but I bet they get Angels-White Sox.

Too little, too late Jorge. Damn, that HR by Molina is just killing us now.

I got the part about A-Rod being the last out right.

That damn kid at 3rd killed us tonight.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast