Thread: X-Men Legends 2: The Rise of Apocolypse

X-Men Legends 2: The Rise of Apocolypse

Anybody played this yet? I will get it eventually it looks better than the first one, IMO. If anybody is curious here is the lineup of characters it mixes X-Men with Brotherhood members.

Xavier
    Wolverine
    Cyclops
    Jean-Grey
    Storm
    Bishop
    Nightcrawler
    Iceman
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Colossus
    Sunspot
    Magneto
    Juggernaut
    Deadpool
    The Scarlet Witch
    Toad

and one secert character Iron Man
    I think that is all but I might have missed one. I am curious about Magneto. He better me more powerful than he was in the first game. Cool to see the Scarlet Witch and Bishop, they both have awesome powers.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Word on the street is that there is a PC version and it has multiplayer. Since I don't own any consoles... I'm gonna buy this.

That would be cool if it is true. Have to look into that.

Shawn
    I never got around to playing the first game, but a PC version and an Apocalypse storyline sound sexy.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
    Word on the street is that there is a PC version and it has multiplayer. Since I don't own any consoles... I'm gonna buy this.
    Multiplayer, co-op X-men action?

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    You bet your british butt!

Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
    Multiplayer, co-op X-men action?
    Wow, who got smart? That's exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see since the days of the X-Men arcade game.

Sejah Haversh
    News flash: X-Men Legends 1 was also co-op X-Men action.

2 is sweet. Sweeeeeeeet I tell you.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    It crashes really horribly after a certain point, though. Don't keep more than 30 items in the hero stash. I think they forgot to bug test the PC version.

I haven't had any trouble yet but I haven't messed much with the hero stash part. I am on the third level now. My favorite new character is Magneto, he is a lot more powerful than he was in the first game.

Shawn
    I played it for a bit. Couldn't get the hang of using Magneto's powers; For some reason, they'd never connect with what I was aiming at. So I wound up just using Wolverine.

The controls on the PC version need some work, too - stop hiding my mouse cursor when I'm moving! It felt like a clunky Diablo.

I may rent the PS2 version and see if I'm more comfortable with that.

Well you have to level up Magneto some for him to be any use, IMO. I love using Magnetic grasp it is great when you are being attacked by more than 3 or 4 soilders at once, he basically brings them all towards the group and causing a lot of damage against them. Bishop's powers look neat though I haven't messed with them much. I really can't wait to unlock iron man I think he could be very cool.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    What type of team did people use while playing this? I really want to have a go at using a variety of characters but it's so hard to keep them all balanced. In the end I just end up sticking with Magneto/Wolverine/Storm/Juggernaut most of the time. I brought in Gambit and Rogue once or twice, but they aren't of a high enough level to be of any use now.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I only did the first two missions... I need to get it out and finish it.

Kyzer Rayne
    I've played and beaten the game. Its pretty good, but the final battle against apocolypse was sad to say the least. My team changed alot as I played, but it usually consisted of Gambit, wolverine, juggernaut, Storm/Iceman (Depending on whether I'm playing by myself or with my brother who prefers to use Iceman)

I personally think XL2 has a better story then the first game, but the gameplay seems to have gotten worse. The stat system in the first game was so much better then the advance on in XL2. It seemed like the powers of the energy based characers; storm, magneto, scarlet witch, ect, were really weak until you had a ton of skill points on them. When I first started the game I played alot as Storm, but she was just too weak and couldn't deliver the kind of damage she could in the first game.

The new characters and more costumes were a nice touch, though. I give the game a 8.0 rating.