Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept 1 - Oct 2 MLB Thread

JMK
    I still think the Indians are the least likely to grab the WC, just because of their inexperience. Next year they should win the division IMO. The A's or Angels are more likely to take it, and I hope that the Yankees can lose a couple more series before the end. Too bad they don't play to D-Rays anymore, or do they? :evil

You're all going to suffer for these barbs.....

Wells The Traitor with the 'Trick' Back against Small tonight. This is it boys and girls. A series loss or a sweep and kiss the division goodbye. Tampa, how could you do me so wrong?

JMK

The traitor.

You got Bellhorn. And had Clemens. And Boggs.

I think we can call it even.

Heh yeah, I think the Indians can because of their two pitchers Sabathia and Lee those two guys are awesome and could help them down the strech, also they play like 7 games against Kansas City that sure doesn't hurt

I'm not really concerned yet Eb.

jjwr
    The only way this series has a huge impact is a sweep by either team and I doubt the Yanks will sweep, it will be a 2-1 win which only adds or removes 1 game from the standings. The division will be decided in the next 2 weeks with how these guys play against the other teams and may very well come down to the final series.

Back to 4, sox won 9-2. Schilling was very impressive, and I would say about time.
    I agree with you jjwr it is going to come down to the other teams. The team that worries me is the blue jays, they have had Boston's number this year for some reason.

jjwr
    Agreed, the Jays have been to Boston what the Rays have been to the Yanks.

Schilling was very impressive tonight, if he can pitch like that from here on out the Sox are going to be very tough.

Huge came tomorrow, if the Sox can pull out the win they'll be up 5 games. Every bit of cusion going into the stretch run is a added bonus, with luck the Sox will just keep cruising along and the Yanks will crash.

Wife's been under the weather so I actually had to watch the kids and feed them today. The nerve of the woman.

From the highlights, it looks like Schilling pitched his best game of the year. Good news for Sox fans, craptastic for Yankees fans. A weep was too much too hope for, but we have to have Sunday's game. Can't let the Sox leave town with a 5 game lead. I haven't checked the WC today but we shouldn't be more than 1.5 out of that.

JMK
    Yep, 1.5 back of Cleveland. Still plenty of time for the WC, but if the Sox win today the division is pretty much out of reach. At least it should be.

jjwr
    A's won as well so they are tied with the Yanks for the WC. Sadly the Sox & A's play soon so thats a win/win for the Yanks.

The Unit came up with his best performance of the season. He gave up just 1 hit today and outdueled Wakefield. Shef was out for the 3rd day in a row. I haven't heard much about his leg, but the Yanks can't win without the ADHD swing of his.

Oh no, the Yanks have a 3 game set with the Devil Rays next. Get on the phone and schedule the tee times, season's over.

JMK
    You'd think if they don't take this series then yes, it's pretty much over. But then again you can't write off the Yanks until they're mathematically eliminated.

JMK
    Flipping back and forth from MNF and the Sox/Jays game, and the Sox bully implodes again. They blew a 5-0 lead in one inning and wasted a nice performance by Arroyo. I should probably go easy on Timlin as he has only given up 2 HR's all year but this was not the time to throw a meatball to Vernon Wells. A 3-run shot to tie the game. Foulke was terrible and Timlin didn't even have time to be poor before he was rocked.

Wow, I'd given up following that game once the Sox went up 5-0. Still, it's not over and I expect Big Papi to deliver a crushing extra inning shot any moment now.

Told ya. And he did it on a 3-2 pitch. Unfreakin' believable.

Game over. Note to MLB teams not from Boston: NEVER PITCH TO ORTIZ IF HE CAN LEAVE YOU HOLDING YOUR (pick your appendage)! Back to 3.5. And tomorrow we start a series with the Devil Rays.

It's cliche now....BUT

I'd take a bullet for Ortiz.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast