Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ...The Sins of the Son (Complete)

Michael Cline
    The Twi'lek contained a giggle and nodded, Michael looked up at his friend and grinned. "Yeah, and it was some couple of hours. You were absolutely right, VERY relaxing." Michael seemed a bit more confident now, and for more relaxed. He stretched leisurely, slipping away from the slavegirl and looking at the boy.

"You know, you've done so much for me already - and I don't even know your name."

Sudoku
    "Yep."

He merely shrugged. "Names' Sudoku."

He couldn't tell the boy his "real" name, especially since he "no longer existed". His new name was something he picked up from a data-pad he had seen somewhere. Nothing special, and it sounded cool...

"Names aren't really important in this game though."

Michael Cline
    He nodded a bit, he understood, he thought. Looking over Sudoku he examined him in detail for really the first time, he didn't look like anything special, and just passing him on the street you'd never give him a second glance. He was very, what was the term? Oh right, gray. It wasn't his appearance that was impressive anyway, it was how he FELT, he exuded power, confidence and control, Michael could feel it in his very soul.

"What exactly is 'this game', anyway?" Maybe he'd get an answer to this line of questioning this time.

Sudoku
    "You know. Life."

One glance from him sent the twi'lek into another room. He sat down on a small sofa across from Michael.

"I mean, here we are, in the middle of the Empires' own private paradise. Two young enterprising young men with their whole lives ahead of them. We may as well have a good time while we can."

Michael Cline
    Still the run-around. Damn. He sighed a bit, and leaned forward looking at Sudoku. "Yeah, I know what you mean - there's so much to be done, so much living to be done."

His eyes met the other's and he gave him a hard stare for what seemed like an eternity. "You said you could help me, and I need to know how." every passing second burned at him, demanding he find out how to get revenge on the being, or beings who had taken his family from him. He longed for it, ached for it like a sweet addiction.

Sudoku
    He stared back, stone-faced. "What is it that you want? Revenge? That's easy enough to get - tell me who you're after, and we'll go and kill them. Unless of course, you prefer to torture people before you do them in. It's up to you, Red."

Michael Cline
    The answer was so simple, so blunt it caught him off guard. He had expected some telling secret, some eternal truth that would give him some semblence of a life back, instead it was cold, simple and to the point. Then again, the words did make sense, and the thought of hunting down those responsible and slowly gutting them filled him with a dark joy he had never even considered possible, the visualization overwhelmed him, making him smile outwardly, even without realizing his action in the matter. Just as quickly however he was back, out of that dark little dream and looking eye to eye with Sudoku again.

He sighed and rubbed the back of his head. "That'd be nice, really... really nice." He admitted, and with a heavy sigh shook his head gently. "I'm sure you could too, you're powerful. I don't know how I even know that, but I do. Me, though? What could I do, I'm not like you."

Sudoku
    "Eh, you could learn. I've had this gift of mine for years, as long as I can remember. I have some things I'm good at, and lots that I'm not good at."

He had felt it. A small warm feeling in the pit of his stomach, something that brought a smile back to his face. It faded as quickly as it had come, and Kyashi knew why he had come here.

"I told you that you have what I'm looking for. I wouldn't waste my time with someone who wasn't a Force sensitive."

Michael Cline
    His eyes widened and he leaned in a bit, Sudoku's words hadn't even registered with him yet, but he suddenly understood why this boy seemed so different, and powerful. He was an adept, and then as quickly as that realization hit, Sudoku's words caught up to him. He found his eyes widening more, and his mouth agape with slight shock, not from disbelief, but rather from realization.

The last several weeks now made sense, the odd feelings he'd been having around people, even what had happened at home. He was a sensitive. Even though he knew it was true, it still sounded impossible. He lowered his head, looking at his own feet for a long time, and he smiled. His dark dream returned to him, and once again he saw himself standing over the corpses of those who had wronged him. Only this time it wasn't him, but rather who he would be. He was strong, confident, and powerful in his vision, revelling in his sweet revenge. He looked back up at Sudoku, but this time his vision didn't fade away, it stayed constant in the back of his mind.

His eyes were filled with a content knowledge now, and beyond that something far darker. He had a million questions he needed answers to, a hundred thoughts running through his mind, they all tried to escape his mouth at once, and he found the only sound he was able to mutter was a soft squeek. He swallowed hard and cleared his throat, and asked the only question that really mattered at the moment. "Will you teach me?"

Bandage
    Bandage, wandering around in the sewers, had found a good vantage point to listen. It was around the area of the pipes. The resonance of the voices carried through it. Though Bandage was sure that with time he would've been able to hear what they were saying without having to even be within hearing range.

After a few hours, Bandage's expression was grim. The boy was going to be led to the Dark Side. While this couldn't go unattended, what could he do by himself? He was still new at this, so it would be best just to gather information and then go back to Master Yoghurt. Perhaps the other man wouldn't train him, or was an initiate of sorts, like Bandage himself. But, he could be something else entirely......either way, Bandage could do nothing right now......but soon, things would be different. Until that time, Bandage would lay low, gather the necessary information, and above all else, survive.

Sudoku
    "Eh?"

The boys' question caught him by surprise. Most adepts he had known were aware of their gift, and judging by Reds' reaction, he had no idea.
    A moment of silence passed between them, before Kyashi shrugged.

"I guess I can see what I can do for you. You know, once you start down this path, you can't turn back. You have to be sure that this is what you want to do."

Michael Cline
    That dark vision grew stronger in his mind, and his longing for it to become reality grew with it.

"It'll allow me to take revenge... right?" He paused for a moment, then smiled. "As long as that's the case, I'm sure this is what I want."

Sudoku
    "Yeah, it will. It might cost you in the long run, though."

He rose to his feet, leaving the other boy trailing behind as he left the building. "And if I'm going to teach you, you're going to have to prove your loyalty."

Michael Cline
    Any cost is worth it. He thought to himself as he followed Sudoku, I'd pay any price just for that one shot at vengeance. He'd decided, he knew what he wanted.

"I'll do whatever you tell me to." He said from a few steps behind the other boy. Whatever it took, whatever he wanted, he owed Sudoku - as far as he was concerned his new friend had saved him from himself, if loyalty is what he wanted from him, loyalty is what he would have.

Sudoku
    "Good, good."

Kyashi turned to him, his face making a mock look of pain as his hand went to his stomach.

"Damn, all that Twi'lek has made me hungry. Let's go get some food. You can show me your loyalty by dining and dashing with me."

Michael Cline
    He brought his hand up to his mouth, catching a laugh. Sudoku was random, he'd say that much, but at the same time - he didn't think he'd ever had this much fun before, especially coupled with such serious revelations and decisions. A new life, he thought to himself, I'm starting a brand new life. He smiled and nodded to his friend.

"Sounds great, I'm starving."

Sudoku
    "Okay, apprentice. Disciple. Whatever."

Sudoku smirked a bit - he found this whole "master/apprentice" idea rather, funny. But, it would be good to have someone else to rely on (besides Leiko, who occassionally would behave like a spoiled little Imperial tart...). He stopped, and scratched the back of his head, frowning.

"Er, where did you wanna go eat? Maybe we should get a ride to one of the higher levels, the food is never that great down here, unless you enjoy grease."

Michael Cline
    He was a 'disciple' now, NEAT. Smiling, he shrugged a bit. "Well, I do know a couple of places a bit more topside, we should probably head up that way, anyway."

Sudoku
    "Well? Disciple, get us a ride."

Kyashi waved his hand towards the street, where several speeders were parked. "You do know how to drive one of these things, right?"

Michael Cline
    He grinned wide, did HE know how to pilot a speeder he asked... "I might know a little bit about them."

He walked over rather calmly, acting as if he were just walking out to his speeder after stopping for a stay at a friends. He hopped in calmly and reached down. Hmm... a 2.0, shouldn't be hard to jump, just need to... the speeder hummed to life, and Michael leaned back with a grin, one arm draped non-chalantly over the back of the seat as he turned to look at Sudoku.

"You coming, Master?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast