Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: -The Journey-

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 34

I was put on the rock again. This time I had to bring it to the top twice. I missed all the meals that day. I'm starving and there is nothing to eat around here. Maybe if I went out and tried to hunt something. But then again I don't know anything about the animals here.

I'm tired and hungry. I'm going to sleep. More training in five hours.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 38
    I have been eating so little these past days. Sensei is assigning me to these day long chores. I swear I'm going to die here. I'm going to hunt tonight. I have some time to do so and I keep hearing this animal prowling around in the woods. I can do this. I need food. I'm not going to let these maniacs kill me with chores.

Mayeb I really should leave. I want to, but then I don't want to let Zereth down. Tough choices.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 39

I caught the animal. It was a lanky four legged creature. Strange how such a vicious sound could come from it. But I cooked it outside and spent my whole night doing so. I ate like a king and I know that every other student saw it or at least smelt it. They know that I, Jorshal Vuntana, went out and fended for myself instead of waiting to be fed what was givin to me. I've only got an hour left before I need to get up and 'train'. At least I can do it with a smile on my face.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 43

Sensei wasn't pleased wqith my actions. But he did say there wasn't anything in the law that prohibited it, so I'm on the safe side. Well I thought that. He's been forcing me into such hard training exercises these past few days. Though I ate big once, I'm feeling weak again. Sensei makes me weak and seems to enjoy it.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 50

I barely want to write. I have barely been able to keep my eyes open these past days. But I'm learning to survive here.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 54

I went hunting again and got a smaller animal. It still filled my belly and I feel a little better. I need some sleep so desperately though. I suppose I'll be glad I wrote in this journal later. Now it feels useless. Unless it would be good to tell you about how I ran every moment the sun was up.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 60

Sixty days feels like 60 years. It's become like a prison with my pride as the guard. I don't want to leave, but I do. I don't see how this ridiculous stuff leads to someone being as great as Zereth. I'm sure it does somehow, but I just don't see it.

I wonder where I'll be in sixty days then. Hopefully a better place than this.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day70

I haven't written in so long. It's time to face the facts: I'm not a writer. I really don't know what to write, the so called activities I partake in are boring to say the least. My training is tough, but it hasn't gotten any tougher. It's become more repetitive and I almost wish it did get harder. It'd be more interesting and my mind wouldn't seem liek ti was turning to mush.

I'm beginning to master the boulder trick. I'm using the Force, which I barely have a control over, and something tells me I might be cheating. Personally, I really don't care. I'm using the assets that I have. What's wrong with that? I'm sure sensei would find plenty.

He's got me working on new exercises now, they're just as dull and as easy as the others. I wonder if He's going to change it up sometime soon. Or even better, when is he going to upgrade me to one of the students I see in the uniforms. The ones that look like they're really training.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day81

So things took to a change for the apparent worse. I'm training with the uniformed men now, except I'm their dummy. For non-force users, they sure can hit hard. My body is bruised and swollen. Maybe Sensei has finally decided to kill me. Or at least try.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 89

I have a day off. Sort of. I have the morning to myself and for some reason I can't sleep. Maybe all the waking up early and 'training' has found its way to my core. I'm so beaten right now. I hurts to even write. For the past week I've stood there to take hits from the uniformed men and instructed not to block or fight back. It's so stupid. I don't see any logic in it.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 100

I fought back today. Well, more like three days ago. I crushed the guy I fought against. I couldn't tell through the mask, but I think it was the guys that have been teasing me. It was just the way he called me 'the outsider' after sensei had pulle dme off of him. Sensei was furious with me and I soon found myself tied to four stakes in the ground. THey left me there in a field for three days. No food, no water. I still haevn't eaten, but the gathering in the mess hall is soon and I'll be able to get a bite if I try hard enough. Fact is: If I get lined up to get beaten again, I'm fighting back.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 111

Again, I foolishly fought back and found myself tied to the ground yet again. This time for five days. I seriously thought they might have left me out there to die after the third day past. Once again, if they line me up to get hit, I'm fighting. They're not gonna break me.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 123

I thought 'training' was difficult before, now it seems to have entered a new state of difficulty I thought impossible. I've been deprived of nearly all sleep, forced to endure rigorous tests and exercises, barely fed. The only good news is that I haven't been tied to the ground lately. Mainly because I'm failing to defeat the other warriors. Now the others have a reason to mock me, the Outsider. Its become embaressing to such a degree that I don't know if I can take it.

However, I have made a decision. I'm going to stay here and complete everything, endure everything or die. If I let this training, that which I had begged for, defeat me... I might as well die anyway.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 131

If I've committed myself to finish or die. This might be the day where one option reaches fufillment. If so, I can at least say I tried my best. I tried to make my mother proud. Where ever she is.

Jorshal Vuntana
    Day 190.

Forgive me for not writing, but both my wrists have been broken since a few days after my last entry. My wrists alogn with my right leg and several ribs. To keep it short and the stress on my wrist low, the master fought me to prove a point to the others. What that was, I do not know. They speak in some language I have yet to understand. All I know is that it hurt.

What makes it worse is that on a planet that shuns all modern technology, the injuries were not treated with bacta or anything of the sort. For weeks I lay in the medical faculty with no pain relievers and shoddy bandages over the damaged areas. Everything works relatively well now and I'm glad for the chance to rest up and relax. I've been doing quite a bit of reading, nothing anyone might recognize reading this. All the written work is physically on sheets of paper and bound together. Books. I've never actually read one until now. Even then, the subject wasn't anything of importance. More of it like a history of the people and culture. It's given me a few ideas, though, I'm most willing to try them out as soon as my 'training' resumes in a few days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12