Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 2nd RotS Trailer - spoilers

JMK
    Just saw the trailer on the big screen with Robots.

Wowzers. I know we've been down this road twice before, but this one CAN'T miss.

Thank goodness those of us out here on the Left Coast knew that 8:58 was the time to watch, so we didn't have to suffer through the *hack* OC crapfest leading up to the trailer.

After seeing the trailer...

Is it May 19th yet????????

McDiarmid has been solid throughout the prequels. He delivers even when he's just standing there not saying a word. I'm thinking specifically of the shot at Qui-Gon's funeral right after Mace delivers his 'Master or Apprentice' line and we get that shot of Palpy watching Qui-Gon burn. Every SW Geek knows they're looking at the Emperor playing the room for a bunch of fools. It's one of my favorite scenes from TPM. Every thing I've seen tells me that Ian is going to get plenty of screen time to make us happy.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

First time I watched the trailer, I was blown away. Then watching it closely, frame by frame, you notice more that really intrigues you. Thats obvious - but the thing that caught my eye was when Palpatine throws a bolt of lightning at Yoda. Yoda gasps and in the final frame of that quick shot it looks as if Yoda reels back from the hit, like it actually causes significant damage - whereas he was able to withstand Dooku's attempt.

And finally, my favourite Old Republic vehicle, the juggernaut gets to see some action - and its got some heavy firwepower to boot. And also, good old C-3PO all shiny and ready for a good-old carbon-scoring

JMK
    From all reports Sidious / Palpatine hands Yoda his little green rear end back to him. It looks more and more like Sidious is going to own a bunch of Jedi, including its 2 top members: Mace and Yoda.

The spoilers I've read on Mace V. Sidious actually have Mace more than holding his own against Palpy. In fact, Mace cuts Palpy's saber and has him on his knees begging for his life until Anakin intervenes. One spoiler has Anakin cutting Mace's hand or arm off, and then Sidious finishes him off with Force Lightning. I'm hoping that these spoilers are wrong. At the very least, I hope the novelization makes it clear that Sidious holds back in the fight to put Anakin in the position of having to make a choice between him and the Jedi.

JMK
    If that's true then that will be one of the best deaths in the entire saga, if not the best.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345