Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change of Pace, Change of Place (Council, Aaron Belargic)

TheHolo.Net Poster

The namana berries taste like namana berries!

AKA
    Holly

Change of Pace, Change of Place (Council, Aaron Belargic)

James fidgited outside the Council chambers, waiting until she was given the signal to indicate she could proceed inside. She'd made an appointment to speak to the Council about... certain matters that she'd recently been made aware of. She glanced sideways at Aaron, who was leaning against the wall of the passageway. Not quite lounging, because his eyes were watching her like a hawk. As though he were afraid she might disappear, or turn into a wampa.

The knight swallowed hard, and forced a tiny smile in his direction. Once he'd heard her news, he'd insisted on coming to see the Council with her, as moral support. She wasn't sure how he'd help, but decided that it wouldn't hurt. After all, he already knew the worst and hadn't turned away. Aaron noticed her look, and came up off the wall, attentive.

"The Council will see you now." The Jedi outside the doors with them gestured them both towards the chambers. He'd already scanned them, and they were cleared for entrance, so the only thing that remained was... walking through those huge double doors. James squared her shoulders against the questions she knew would come, and almost stalked across the threshold, Aaron on her heels like a guardian angel.

The Council members turned almost as one to watch the pair walk into the room, and James' step faltered. Regaining her hold on confidence by spotting Master D'an's face, ( don't look sympathetic frell you, I don't want to cry again! ) James made it the rest of the way to the center of the room, and waited for a Council member to speak first.

and if you go, furious angels will bring you back to me

Jubei SaDherat Vader
    The first to speak, Jubei acknowledged the pair with a nod.

“Knight Prent, Padawan Belargic… how may we be of assistance?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    James met Knight SaDherat Vader's eyes, and swallowed. "I - I have a petition to make..."

TheHolo.Net Poster

This is not the Empress you're looking for

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Dani
    Navaria wasn't sure if James had stopped out of respect to the Council for her to proceed, or if she was apprehensive in doing so. She went to coax her further, hoping it was the former. "Please then, proceed with your petition."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei looked up bleary-eyed from a datapad full of important information from the topics discussed so far. Reading was good, but the material was all frightfully dull and so full of complicated language. It was good to listen to something expressed in ordinary words colored by human emotion.

The Knight leaned forward in his seat and waited with eager patience to hear what James had to say.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    James swallowed hard, and plowed forward. "Certain things have come t' my attention recently, and as a result, I'd like t' spend some time on Yavin IV t' clear my head. I - I need some time t' spend in meditation before I feel that I would be fit to take my first padawan learner.

"If I would ever be fit to do so." James' hands were folded together, icy fingers clutching each other under her long sleeves.

Rognan Dar
    Rognan sat quietly in his chair. This was a new spot for him. To be in a place and position to decide and do things. Though, this power was not what it use to be in the old days, and even then it was not much considered power as it was a position of wisdom and understanding, neither of these he thought he had.

His mind was drawn back to the James as she continued her petition. He saw nothing wrong with what she was asking. There was times when you needed to have a break, and right now it looked like she could use it. But being the newcomer to the council he waited for the others to decide before he burst out with his best wishes.

Aaron Belargic
    “If the Council is willing, I would like to accompany Knight Prent,” Aaron added, before the Council could speak. Looking into the faces, he found that the structure of the Order’s leadership had changed a fair amount since he had last been on Coruscant and was surprised to see that his brother and Kelt Simoson were no longer among those looking back at him.

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Dani
    Her eyes drifted to Dasquain's twin brother. She had not seen the Padawan in quite some time and it was curious as to why he suddenly had taken an interest in James.

"I would ask your reasoning behind your request, Padawan. Not many go to Yavin without good reason." The Knight was convinced that something kept James from explaining the completely truth to the Council. She had a feeling that Aaron did...

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei was halfway to giving his permission when Navaria's question stopped him cold. Rest and relaxation on James' part was a good idea. The poor woman had been through a great deal of mental and emotional stress from all the business with Jax.

However, his former master's question had Wei curious about Aaron too. He kept his mouth shut, and watched Aaron intently for his answer.

Aaron Belargic
    The Padawan’s interest in James was by no means sudden, but Aaron had come prepared for such questions and answered them sincerely. “I believe it would be beneficial,” Aaron began, “for both James and myself, for me to be there. While I believe that James would appreciate the support of her friends in this time, I also think that my traveling to Yavin would be helpful in my personal studies. In my own, self-taught training I have been conditioning myself to path-find and track through the Force... a purpose to which I see Yavin as being better suited than Coruscant.”

Rognan Dar
    Rognan looked from Aaron to the other council members. He could see that they agreed with Aaron's reasoning. And so did he. But it looked as if there might have been a little something more to it all. A more personal relationship between him and James. But that was not his business. And once again he waited for the others to proceed.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

"Uh-huh," he said, allowing his voice to trail off on the last syllable.

"Well, you kids behave. I'd hate to have to send a chaperone." He winked, and smiled widely to let Aaron know he was joking.

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Dani
    "James?" She addressed her fellow Knight by her first name, "Do you wish for Padawan Belargic to join you on Yavin?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She nodded, "Y- yes. I haven't traveled a lot, and never by myself... I could use a friendly face." James avoided looking at Master D'an, focusing in on the other council members who didn't know.

She had to tell them, she just couldn't figure out how.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
    Nodding slightly, Jubei sat upright. His eyes narrowed somewhat.

“...Something troubles you, Knight Prent?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    James was looking down, at her feet, but she lifted her eyes to Knight SaDherat Vader's face, and slowly nodded. "Yes. I... I've been struggling with fear, and anger. I need this time away from the chaos of Coruscant so I can center myself again. Padawan Belargic has offered to accompany me, so that I will have support. I... I'm afraid I might lose myself if I am not careful."

She took a deep breath, and blurted it out. "The darksider De'Ville is ... is my sister."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei stifled a whistle. "So I take it you two are somehow linked through the Force? And you fear that she might try to somehow influence you to the Darkside?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Knight Wei confused her, and she frowned. "Actually, that never crossed my mind... Could she do that?" James' face whitened a bit, and she put out a hand to steady herself. Aaron caught her hand, and subtly held her upright as she tried to collect herself.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei shrugged and looked over at Navaria. Wei knew vaguely of Dalethria, Navaria's "twin" as it were. It was also not uncommon for people of very close relationship--biological or otherwise--to share a connection between one another.

"I'm not an expert on these things, but I have heard of people holding such connections."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast